This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordyAcres

GordyAcres Active Member

^^^^^^ the troof
    test
  2. this problem

this problem Active Member

To me Foreman's site is a 1998 message board that does not look nearly as clean as this one, and the color scheme makes me wanna kill myself. I don't have a problem with the dude starting his own site, but acting like the savior of the battle rap community is ridiculous. You wanted to be the homecoming king of a battle rap forum, so you gave the people what they were used to, and you didn't even come up with an original name. Regardless, I like the look of this site better. The battle rap community will come back to it when it works out the kinks, including ErikForeman.
    test
  3. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

What is this really about though?

This can't just be due to a new format, especially since you know better than the people who post here what the end result is supposed to look like.
    test
  4. this problem

Repped JobOne. Mainly because this shit is so weird. It would be nice to see the bigger picture. Seems obvious that this is stylistically a better site.
    test
  5. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

That's what I want to know. Missing features are still being added, like Tapatalk got added back today for example, and from what I understand a lot of the things that people were upset about missing will be able to come back, plus new stuff that wasn't possible on vBulletin is planned as well.

I don't see the offensive to the community in this situation that would make so many people outraged. In fact, it's the first significant investment into the site for a forum that gets most of it's traffic from battle rap, to actually cater to those needs.
    test
  6. SunTzu11

SunTzu11 Active Member

LOL @ how people got mad about how this site looks, only to jump ship to a site that looks and reads like some fking 14 year old video game forum. The only thing bad about this site now is that ery body left. But JobOne been holding it down. I'm staying here... and ain't mad that Lushy baby is ghosting. He took so many L's on this site I can only understand his desire to dipset. Peewee herman looking ass fool...
    test
  7. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

you want the real reason we all moved over? cause foreman fucking cares. rapmusic.com is more about hip hop in general and the bva's been poorly administrated for the past couple years. maybe they're doing far better in the emcee and audio hookup threads or w.e the other shit i don't post in but as far as BVA goes it's been fucking awful.

the PRIMARY fucking reason we all moved over is because the new forum's being run by someone who cares about the battle community and is a part of it. that succinct enough?
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The site change here is CG doing something big specifically for BVA more than any other section of the forums. This is them acknowledging that the battle section is the main drive for the site.

If you have gripes with how BVA has been run, take that up with the mods because as far as I know CG leave that up to them.
    test
  9. martymcfly

i guess it really started with the trashing of the BVA Off Topic which in turn resulted in the birth of ohteebeeveeay. It was kind of the beginning of things to come and it just deteriorated since then.
    test
  10. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

I can't say enough " if it ain't broke don't fix it"

All the new features sound nice and all but the fact is most posters just don't care. Posters flocked to OTBVA & R-M-BVA because they have the old school feel that everybody wants and is comforted by.

I have gotten used to the new layout here and actually think it doesn't look to bad. I'll still be around these parts..hopefully more people come back.

Still though I fuck with EF's new site the most right now.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

That's another thing you can't blame on CG. Jeff was still the head guy in charge at that point and the mass bannings that happened from people invading the Text forum was due to only one mod really being in charge of the section and being stuck forced to act. At the time, every forum basically operating under it's own set of rules with nothing or no one really governing over the whole site. That's how Jeff liked it to be ran. And the dude did want to ban people but got fed up since he saw the member from BVA/OT being BVA mods' "responsibility". It is basically the break down of communication and lack of order that caused that whole situation to blow up like it did.

The Off topic section is even more dead because everyone left that gave a shit about it (including me) and now it's treated like a dump for threads that don't belong in BVA.
    test
  12. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

the end result is supposed to look like somethin I don't like
    strike 1

TAPATALK support will be gone
    strike 2 and FINAL strike since that's the only way I EVER browse forums anymore. Only time I'm ever remotely not busy enough to be on RM is when I'm in bed or at work etc, and I don't have my laptop readily available to be accomplishing something

So yeah, the new RM is useless. Figuring out motive isn't hard.
    test
  13. martymcfly

this is why i'm reppin you. logically this move doesn't make sense for the community and you're breaking it down logically. but people are being people and want to huddle together with something that they feel is becoming a community.

in all honesty, if anyone BUT foreman started a new forum, i don't think the change would've happened but foreman's notoriety and importance in this forum/battle community played a huge part in the shift due to his all elusive like-ability.

foreman sent me a shout out about the new forum and i looked at it and slightly considered it (same as the fact that i've been thinking of joining ohteebeevay for a couple months now without having done so) but it was the 2nd pm i got from marotta aka SANDWICHES (yeh nigga) that finally prompted my move. people i respect and talk to in this community have made the switch so it was an obvious choice for me
    test
  14. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

TAPATALK support is active right now. I was using it all day.
    test
  15. ErikForeman

nice, if they did this a week ago I wouldn't be on another site and neither would half of the population as well as battle rappers

there's no reason to browse this forum anymore other than to hear JobOne all too passionate about something that doesn't concern him

Pz
    test
  16. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

So this is about you? You were in a position to influence the direction that these updates could take for the community because I know this isn't just something they sprung on everyone a couple weeks ago. Although, I personally haven't know about the new forum software for much longer than everyone else did, I know that improvements to the site had to have been in the works for at least the better part of a year if not longer. CG has been wanting to improve things on the site since maybe even before I quit moderating.

And Tapatalk support works with the forum now. It didn't like the format of the site on my phone so I just got it like an hour ago and can confirm that it works.
    test
  17. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

They changed the site without having input from the members.

Don't tell us what you're doing for us, you sound condescending as hell job.

WE tell YOU what to change and when to change it, period.

That's honestly the end of discussion.
    test
  18. ErikForeman

So this is about you?

The entire community of the BVA has agreed that the move has been beneficial and enjoyable, and you have no access to the pit so even talking about the "direction" of this site on your behalf is absurd to say the least.

The only thing I can gather from this entire thing is that you'd like a mod position here. That's completely fine with me, and you can have my spot. They don't seem to want to listen to their community and/or moderation staff and have put us on the backburner too long.

The thing was, tradition kept us here for a long time. They fucked up not listening to us for a prolonged period of time, and the lack of tapatalk motivated me to do something about it. Everyone agreed greener pastures it is. Installing tapatalk now when a week ago they were telling me it was an impossibility and they'll be charging for a standalone app only shows me we were in the right in taking our business elsewhere.

Do you, JobOne. You're a strange fellow sometimes.
    test
  19. this problem

So basically...it seems like the biggest issue happening right now is that the site changes were not being implemented quickly enough for ErikForeman not to run a smear campaign. I officially don't have time for this shit.
    test
  20. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

You think the moderators aren't members? In fact, why has discussion on this site rarely been constructive criticism about what people actually want that was taken away/changed? I don't see many people breaking their issues other than the all too often cry of how they don't like change.

I didn't make the changes to the site so what is this "WE" and "YOU" shit?

The Crowdgather people have been very open to feedback when I've interacted with them and I didn't see the same backlash in the thread that was announcing that the site would be shut down to prepare for the upgrade.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.