This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

When did I say all we did was Judge battles?
    test
  2. savagerapper

savagerapper www.rapisraw.com

I actually noticed that and disregarded it because I figured madcow is either a little kid or a retard. (he's an actual fan of lush one) leave him alone.
    test
  3. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

First off, maple is aces in my book. Great mod, imo. I mentioned who I mentioned, and maple wasnt mentioned.

Ur other post is mostly ur perspective, and I can respect that. Plus, ur demeanor seems to be much more cordial now than when u were (from a lot of people's perspectives) drunk with rm mod power (lol, I know). But its water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, cuz we never really had any run-ins to begin with.

But I never said that, or even alluded to, all u did was judge battles. Tbh, I don't even remember yall judging any battles, as I normally don't even watch judges decisions. I was saying that y'all judging battles was something of a fringe benefit. While u may have shouted out the website, so do hella other people who get on cam. A good portion of people on those videos shout out some shit that, for the viewer, goes in one ear and out the other. No biggie, imo. Yall got more out of it than rapmusic.com, or the community at large did. But, I'm happy for yall. U did something u thought was fun, and u felt important. That's not substantial contribution to the site, tho, imo. That's all.
    test
  4. Judgekure

Three things.

1 - They shouted out RM cause it was their attempt to get stickied and have their battle on the front page. That was us giving battles more exposure. Before, the only battle that got shouted out on RM was EmceeGoddess Vs Revenon. We used to work closely with GTEC and KOTD (Not so much the West, that was Maples Biz and we respected his turf) when it came down to Modding. Certain staff wanted certain threads closed or moved or deleted, as well as helping throw down on the Front Page, which Cozy and I had control over. I had a handful of rappers contacting me everyday about posting new material on there cause they saw a small difference in their music plays. Who knew RM had a front page before Cozy and I got on it? Not many people. Again, only time we were at odds with Staff was when MaddIllz got on here.

2 - I sincerely don't give a fuck about forums anymore. It's nice that they exist, ahaha. We're all good bro. As far as getting anything out of the site? Hell yeah, they paid me, ahahahah. That's all I got out of it, I honestly got more out of Tinychat than I did Rapmusic.

3 - Why do I get an Email everytime somebody replies to this thread? How do I turn that off on this stupid Xenforo shit?
    test
  5. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

http://rapmusic.com/account/preferences

Deselect the checkbox that says "and receive email notifications of replies"
    test
  6. Judgekure

test
  7. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Also, I want to note that there's supposed to be even more emphasis on the front page than before now I think. Reviews and all kinds of stuff. Not exactly sure how that's going to be worked out but I think it'll be cool once it actually starts.
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

It there any ETA for when all the rest of the updates are coming to the site?
    test
  9. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I haven't been told anything specific. From what I understand the old features are being worked back in (Those should be all done except for rep. I don't think that's coming back until XF updates though) as well as some other cool stuff in the pipeline.
    test
  10. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

in other news boreman copy cat site still down :funny: :funny:

BITIN neva worked for anyone lil cockroach
    test
  11. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

It's been back up for a little while
    test
  12. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

:funny:
    test
  13. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Serge you the corniest of them all...RM Mods 'judging' battles...so the fuck what?? Who cares about your dumb ass judging a battle?? You corny as fuck, just like EF and all the rest you was the outcast group who somehow got some power...and look what happened???

The increased traffik was good for the site, but the mods taking the new breeds sides everytime and ignoring people who had been posting when shit was dead was the issue, that was the Mods and Jeffs fault point blank!!

aiight let me read on...

PEACE
    test
  14. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

Judge prob had more of an impact on hip hop than tupac

no but really that was dumbest thing i ever read
    test
  15. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

This is bullshit lmao

Battles was posted and watched here no matter what..everyone knew of the front page even though it wasnt really updated (and still wasnt).....it was Lush, Saurus, Illmac, Okwerdz and those types of people that made this site and brought and the traffik the mods did nothing to protect these people from trolls and bullshit....

GP is perfectly right about the TC circle jerks it was plainly obvious that once people saw each others faces and realized they was all corny that they would band together...saying anything less is denial Judge, you know this is fact...inside jokes ruled the forum and those inside jokes were trolling style and the rest of us didnt get it or see the point in it

You kids ruined it just like you'll ruin any site you goto or any place you end up because your all a bunch of low-self-esteem twats who do not understand your own actions even...aiight im a keep reading lol

PEACE
    test
  16. serge

serge Well-Known Member

lol@"the outcast group that got some power". I was SM before you were even registered too. Wtf are you talking about?

No one took the "new breeds" side you idiot, that's the whole point. That was on Jeff. The flood that came with WRC fucked all of that up and we did what we could. All you did was log on and argue with Eyerate. We actually had to make sure that this ran smoothly ie: closing stupid troll threads, banning spammers etc etc. You know, the boring shit. You saw that as a power trip while we saw it as a thankless workload. Shit happens.
    test
  17. serge

serge Well-Known Member

You really are this stupid aren't you? Have you even been reading what I posted?

Here's what I said to GP

"We had fun with it, granted. TC was all in fun and anyone that got offended by getting banned for 10 seconds needs to grow thicker skin. We pranked eachother more than anyone else. But overall, being a mod sucked. If it was so great we'd all still be doing it. IKA got banned because he was a troll. An annoying one. He didn't get banned "just because", he'd get banned because he'd antagonize the main source of traffic: The battlers and staff. Funny how when they all stopped being active he just vanished. People like him overran the bva and turned it into the shit hole it became and got the battlers and staff to stop posting. Those are their words, not mine."

This just goes to show exactly how much of a wack gig that shit was. GP hated us for doing exactly what you're crying about us not doing enough of. Hell of a Catch-22 LOL

So when we banned trolls, we were being an abusive power drunk circlejerk but when we didn't, we were allowing the trolls to run amok and let the good posters leave because of it, therefore we sucked, right? Stfu with that. You're acting like we could just do whatever we wanted here and it takes a real idiot to think that a forum worth hundreds of thousands of dollars would work that way. No wonder Eyerate would argue with you so damn much.
    test
  18. Judgekure

I just realized Graffik spells Traffic "Traffik" to match his name.

I can't carry a conversation with somebody that does that.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. JoeBudden

JoeBudden Member

Please stop discussing anything with Graffik. He's mislead to believe anyone respects his opinion.

Let him be delusional on his own.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. serge

serge Well-Known Member

That's retarded since RM's dirty little secret is that no one ever looks at that shit. Ever. At all. They go directly to the forum. CG is VERY out of touch with what makes this site work and that's the smoking gun right there. No one cares about the front page and unless they're planning on investing huge in getting people to events with press passes (not just battlerap), they're going to lose even MORE traffic. The incompetence is just so strong.

lmao@people blaming moderators for doing what they're asked to do. Newsflash to assholes like sifu: Every one of us quit, we weren't removed. We all saw where this was going.

edit: The only people that never blamed us for this forum going to shit aside from a few knowledgeable posters were the battlers and staff, hence why they came to rm bva gladly after deading this place for so long. The proof is in the pudding. Look at how that's working where we can run the show as we see fit. If the "these guys sucked" theory were correct, rm bva would've been dead on arrival.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.