This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedude710

Thedude710 Active Member

That's "You're a bitch" learn to speak English muttafucker before you start talking shit...
    test
  2. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

This thread is going in circles now. What are we even arguing about at this point? People who left are mad at some of the people who didn't leave for thinking that the people who left are dicks for leaving? How is this even a fucking thing?
    test
  3. serge

serge Well-Known Member

How could you cosign a post that was complete bullshit? Judge etc modding led to RM mods judging battles you dipshit. It put rm at it's peak relevance in hiphop in general. The bva blew up the second Mapleleaf told Jeff to open his eyes about the forum and once he saw the increased traffic, he cut loose because he knew the site would implode on himself. Stick to moderating threads but don't pretend to know wtf you're talking about.

Source: I was there.
    test
  4. serge

serge Well-Known Member

Furthermore, I don't even blame CG for the community not liking it here. People had stopped posting here for a while. People just didn't like the the environment, pointblank period. I have no complaints about people like EnzoTen or whatever moniker Poploc goes by these days. The only real complaint I might have is about Jook banning EF. That's corny and childish imo.

And make no mistake, the change of layout pist off the people that were LEFT here. rm bva has more new posters and people that had stopped posting here over a year ago than the handful that were active in the past months. It's up to CG to figure out why they had lost that traffic int he first place.
    test
  5. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

You're absolutely right and you're absolutely right to call me on it. I'm not gonna bullshit I completely misread that whole post as him blaming the trolls and their faggotry and Jeff not wanting to get rid of them because he didn't want to lose traffic. Not as him blaming Judge and the increased traffic itself. I'm a dipshit sometimes. From now on I'll double read posts and take a couple of reading comprehension classes because I seriously fucked up cosigning that.

He is right about the mods not really being able to do anything about the people blatantly being disruptive dickheads though.
    test
  6. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Before Serge, Cozy, EF and I were really modding the forums, Being a Mod on RM was irrelevant to the leagues at events. Serge, Cozy and I all held it down at GTEC and Draft events which was made possible because of the mod status we had. We had leagues put "RAPMUSIC.COM" and even shout it out in their intros just for the prospect of it getting Stickied or posted on the front page. We were becoming more of a magazine then just a forum when I stopped posting. It's a shame Jeff never ran with my idea to make a forum where people can post their own articles to go up on the front page where the mods would be editors and users would be contributors/bloggers/journalists.

Anyways. Whatever you want to blame the mods for back in 2011 is fine and likely on me. But that was two years ago. CG gon do what CG does. If the quality of posting hasn't increased in the last two years, then I can't see how blaming me makes sense.
    test
  7. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

As someone who was here before and after, it is true, imo, that serge, judge and teacozy were the 3 worst mods bva had ever seen.

I could not stand this site so long as they were mods. The arrogance, the favoritism, the trolling (which isn't trolling when mods do it, apparently), and just the way they moderated in general made hella people not like this site.

Since serge was no longer a mod, he got kinda cool, last i seen of teacozy online was still acting like a heaux, and judge seems to be a bit more mild-mannered now that he's not trying to be "the most powerful man on the Internet" or whatever his weird deal was back then.

Those dudes were all fucking weird, tbch

But yea... Kinda agree with parts of what sifu said
    test
  8. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Got Damn!

I jus seen this corny faggot "attempt" to spit vs. D-Lor

I couldn't make it pass a minute

nigga cringeworthy...he don't even look comfortable when he talk let alone "rap"...

ahahahahahaha if i woulda knew this fool was such a weak ass female i wouldn't even went at him

got daamn nigga talkin bout ki's n pushin rock

:calvinwtf: :dizfacepalm: :jaydamn:
    test
  9. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Dead @ the crowd cringin n laughin at this ho at the same time

they lookin around like :scared: followed by :funny:
    test
  10. serge

serge Well-Known Member

I was a sm on rm before you were even registered. Wtf are you talking about? lol@ "the worst 3 mods". I had nothing to do with otbva and I stuck to overseeing bva. If you saw the pit screenshots you saw exactly how much I cared about any of it, but to discredit people that actually pushed the forums agenda is pretty stupid considering all they could do was open and close threads. lol@ "the favortism". please explain this.

edit: btw, the way bva was handled was a direct result of how the ownership wanted it and we all ended up leaving because of it.
    test
  11. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

I judged at fresh coast events before you guys were mods, but you guys becoming mods happened about the same time that the fresh coast fell off and GTEC/KOTD blew up, plus there were more of you so it definitely made more of an impact. Also I've known Lush and a lot of those guys since before I even posted on RM so I wasn't thinking about judging as a mod as much as just being a judge. I guess I have no real point lmao you guys repped RM at events way harder than I ever did.
    test
  12. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

That's right, u were a mod first

Funny how u take exception to being accused of favoritism, but not arrogance or trolling

I meant favoritism in terms of y'all's little tiny chat circle-jerk being able to do whatever, but everyone else had to fall in line. As a matter of fact, iirc, one example is how u used to ban IKA all the time, just because. Meanwhile, the people in y'all's circle could do no wrong.

Even judge jus posted that before u guys, modding a forum was irrelevant to the battle leagues. But I lol at that because u guys thought it should be otherwise. Battle rap doesn't need forum mods, lmao. The fact that yall thought u made a difference for the good is just silly. RM got a lot better when y'all left, but i will admit, u are much more chill as a poster than some irrlevant, yet self-important mod.
    test
  13. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

"Before Serge, Cozy, EF and I were really modding the forums, Being a Mod on RM was irrelevant to the leagues at events. Serge, Cozy and I all held it down at GTEC and Draft events which was made possible because of the mod status we had."

Lolll, cool.

But let's not act like the community benefitted from y'all judging battles, lmao. U guys did that for urselves. RM, the website & community, wouldve been just fine, if not better off, without it.
    test
  14. serge

serge Well-Known Member

We had fun with it, granted. TC was all in fun and anyone that got offended by getting banned for 10 seconds needs to grow thicker skin. We pranked eachother more than anyone else. But overall, being a mod sucked. If it was so great we'd all still be doing it. IKA got banned because he was a troll. An annoying one. He didn't get banned "just because", he'd get banned because he'd antagonize the main source of traffic: The battlers and staff. Funny how when they all stopped being active he just vanished. People like him overran the bva and turned it into the shit hole it became and got the battlers and staff to stop posting. Those are their words, not mine.

LOL@battlerap doesn't need forum mods. It doesn't in the grand scheme of things because a league won't fail if they don't have front page promo, but it helps, and they sought it out constantly. Shit, they still do.

It's funny you say that rm got better when we stopped modding when the truth is that it coincided with BVA falling off as hard as it did. Did we get rid of a lot of the trolling? Yes. Did it look like we were overdoing it? Well, consider what was being asked of us and why people got sick of doing it.

I'm the same exact poster I was when I modded, you just see it differently because you have this weird perception of me that I actually thought I was the man or some shit because I could decide what got stuck lmao. If anything, all it did was bring negative attention towards me and your opinion, wrong as it is, is proof of that.

Thanks for not thinking I'm a dickhead anymore though, lol.
    test
  15. serge

serge Well-Known Member

It absolutely did. Not the judging specifically but partly. It was mutually beneficial that RM and the leagues worked together and the sites traffic skyrocketed from the "shout out to rapmusic.com" here and the banner placements there.

I can assure you 100% that if RM and the leagues didn't have such a cohesive relationship, thanks mostly in part to Mapleleaf, Jeff might still own this site because it would still be worth as much as it did before the traffic hike.
    test
  16. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

I hear u. And tbf, I don't know how I would be as a mod, but then again, I've never had a desire to be. But it wouldn't be right to sit here and act like I would've done this and that differently, when truth be told, u guys were in a unique situation. S'all good tho.
    test
  17. serge

serge Well-Known Member

I'm glad you can see it from our side of things.
    test
  18. NiceBattlRapGuy

NiceBattlRapGuy Active Member

all you faggots are invited to my house for xbox and pizza party
    test
  19. Judgekure

Dont take this the wrong way, I don't mean this maliciously, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. There was no favoritism towards Tinychat folk. The worst that you can point out is making Lala a Mod, Which none of us co-signed to.

Favoritism? No, The only favoritism I will admit having was towards league staff (With the exception of MaddIllz, we all almost lost our Mod powers when he posted EF's information). I never had favoritism towards members. It's one of the reasons (Of many) WirdofPley doesn't like me, Cause I didn't want to take sides when his fall out with QP happened and refused to Mod any of it. WirdofPley was the homie and a good dude anytime I ever met him (twice I think).

OTBVA is the product of overmodding, I will admit that as well. But we (Cozy, Job, Maple and I) were doing what was asked of us. We had extensive threads in the Pit and TC regarding how to handle the users and Jeff had very specific instructions on how to handle them. I don't want to blame Jeff, but we were thrown under the bus during all of that.

I never banned IKNOWALL, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, but I never had a real reason to ban the guy (Or girl, whatever)

I never said Battle Rap needed forum mods, You just made that shit up. What's being said is that we made Rapmusic.com more visible in Battle Rap. You're just reading whatever you want to read without making sense of it. Even Maple just said "you guys repped RM at events way harder than I ever did." The emphasis is on Rapmusic, not battle rap.

This isn't meant to be a malicious response, Just trying to clear the air on some inaccuracies.
    test
  20. Judgekure

Also, Maple and Cozy were the best mods. Period. To insult them would be stupid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.