This new Eminem track "Rap God" is DOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 14, 2013.

1. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

no way is poor and dangerous better than jays classic albums
    test
  2. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

First, again, I don't even like jay Zs music all that much. But he is dope. And he Can jump on pretty much any beat. A lot of artist need a certain type of beat.

Nextly, to the guy who said he's not gonna give respect to puff for capitalizing off BIGs success... First off. Puff really was the one who got BIG where he was in the game. With no Puff Daddy, there's a 90 percent chance you woulda never heard of big. That was puffs job, to get talented artists famous and rich. Big was one of them, but there were many others. Mase probably being one of the biggest. Back early 2000s, puff was basically a more successful version of DJ khalid today. Puff had a hand in a LOT of good music ten or so years ago. I suppose if I'm talking to any teenagers, that might be a bit to far back. If MO money MO problems came out when you were like 8 or younger, then I can see why u might see him a certain way.

Jay and em really are past their prime. But that's not a check in the negative box, happens to all artists. You just have to keep that in mind when judging the music. I know it's early still, but the songs I like from the album... I think is some of the best stuff since the Eminem show. And like I said I loved relapse. To say MCHG was better though?? I only liked that blue song. Mainly cuz of the beat and his flow on it. Mmlp2 would have still been better if it was full of throw away songs from recovery sessions. LOL. Jk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I give Puff props for discovering biggie, thats it. but the only reason we give a fuck about Puffy is because he was add-libbing in the background of Norotious BIG's verses. Plus the Mo Money Mo Problems track skyrocketed Puffy and Mase's careers... Big was a unique talent. He would've found his way to stardom somehow.

and I'm not trying to take anything away from MMLP2... but Magna Carta Holy grail has insane replay value for me... I just love the beats.. some people hate them... thats opinion... some people just have different tastes...
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

It has some of the best rapping I've ever heard in my life.
    test
  5. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

besides mvp and put it on, i dont fuck wit that album

i did when i was 14

but them beats outdated as hell

big picture>>
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

big l overrated as fuck
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Lifestylez is a very good album, but it def doesn't get a front to back full listen from me.....I skip songs on it, not many, but some....while I do the same on RD, they are 2 different rap sounds.....if Big L had lived long enough to actually make his second album, then I believe that it would have been a classic, and he would have become a very prominent name to people that don't even know it now.......
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Mr. Cee discovered Big and brought him to Puff... Biggie wanted to do straight hardcore and Puff convinced him to mix in some party rap over R&B beats... that's why he blew... but he still would've been dope lyrically, with or without Puff... it was rumored that Big wanted to leave Bad Boy because of Puff always changing his artistic vision... and apparently he discussed this with Suge backstage at the '95 Source Awards, which is why Suge got on stage and said what he said.

Big L is dope and Lifestyles is an underground classic... I like it better than Reasonable Doubt, but you can't compare Big L to Jay Z... if you do, you'd have to stop at RD.
    test
  9. Sneaaak Beats

Sneaaak Beats New Member

test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I really like what he did with his flow and lyrics... I'm still not crazy about this beat, though... it got in the way of his lyrics,
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

You're an idiot

Refrain from talking about Jay-Z as you've proved to be ignorant in his regard over and over

stick to stanning
    test
  12. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Don't bother with this dude man, he's a clown.

I rememba an interview where Em was talkin about "Jigga What Jigga Who" inspiring his flow in Forgot About Dre n you can tell..Eminem obviously knows what time it is but his lil stans don't..

lmao sickening

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

...If I'm honest I say this when it comes to Nas and Jay comparisons. I feel like Nas has good dense rhyme schemes but his lines are like Big in the sense that they usually don't have any underlying or double meanings. I think Nas is certainly a top MC but I prefer Jay because he has all those double entendres and shit that you won't catch on the first few listens.
    test