This new Eminem track "Rap God" is DOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 14, 2013.

1. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I don't know about this sentence. I prefer bone to Jay all day, their older stuff. But then again, I'm just old enough to have been around when Bone was the most thuggish ruggish shit on the block. Krazy, lazy, BIZZY, wish n flesh, in the 90s. Can't fucks with it mang. Anybody who don't love bone, must be like 19 or younger.

That goes for people not giving pac n big enough love now too. Young kids who never grew up on them don't really like it. Put their flows on newer type of beats tho, and theyll think they're fire. LOL.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  2. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

yea man aint nuttin like that mid 90's hiphop

shit is untouchable
    test
  3. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Straight up. Even the rnb from then, the 90s Def has its own sound.

Creep tlc - I always think of old cuts like that when I imagine back then

test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

who u tellin

i cant rock wit this new rnb
    test
  5. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Oh c now, I can. The dream, tpain(shameful, I know) but I still got all my favorite avant and Donell Jones on the S4 tho

test
  6. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

i havent played a rnb album in over a decade bruh

r kelly>>>
    test
  7. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

But they are very SIMPLE from a lyrical point of view. I really love Bone, but they remind me of Busta some times. Jay is on a whole other level lyrically.

A lot of people who downplay Jay will never admit that they don't really get what he's saying a lot of the time.
    test
  8. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

test
  9. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

^^^Complete let down too btw

test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

First of all, if you dont think Bone thug have good lyrics, then you dont listen to enough bone. they are excellent lyricists. and second of all, I respect rappers the most when they have their own style. Bone thugs are innovators... anybody can rap fast (which is why i dont give busta and twista that much credit), but nobody can rap fast and harmonize the way bone does and add in all the "bone-specific" cult, weed, and cleveland references that their brand is all about. They are innovative.

there is nothing innovative about Jay-z... hes just good at capitalizing on whatever style is relevant at the time. I can hear a million other rappers talk about what jay-z talks about and spit the way jay-z spits cause jay never really had a specific style that was 100 percent his. Hes in essence, a watered down Notorious BIG.
    test
  11. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

You must not have listened to enough jayz. Only his radio shit or something. Fuzz your completely wrong. N that isn't even a matter of opinion. Your just wrong. I don't even like Jay z, but to say he's a watered down big is ridiculous. You gotta have respect for Jay. You just have to. Just like you gotta respect puff daddy, even tho his music for the most part sucks.

test
  12. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

lol dreams hate for jayz runs deep
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

LOL... and I don't even hate Eminem... I just don't care for the majority of his music... Dream acts like Jay fucked his mother... LMAO!!

It used to be cool a long time ago to hate Jay Z, nowadays you gotta give respect where it's due
    test
  14. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Indeed. Even if your don't listen to him per say. He's accomplished with ease, what Eminem has struggled with his whole career. And Eminem is a much better artist overall I think.

test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I've heard every jay-z album hundreds of times. I know what I'm talking about. Take away BIG's edginess and creativity and you have just another NY rapper that raps about selling crack and being a player... i.e. jay-z

and no i dont respect puff daddy for capitalizing off BIG's success.
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont hate Jay at all. I just call a spade a spade. dudes on my top 20 of all time, but he'll never break into my top ten.

just like Big L is in my top 10, but he'll never break into my top 5.
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

lol... I can front, I USED to hate jay-z, back when I first joined this site in 2005... i just had to hear the right songs.
    test
  18. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Quality over quantity...

Em's music from 1999 to 2002 was at a level that jay-z couldn't come close to. ever. right now jay is making better music. I like magna carta a lot more than MMLP2, but neither album blew me out of the water. both artists are waayyyy past their prime.
    test
  19. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo @ big L over jayz

holy shit.

big L was in my top 10 early 2000's

dude is like top 25 now.
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

of course. Life styles of the poor and dangerous is better than every jay-z album. plus all the freestyle L spit are fuckin other level type shit. I put L's small body of work over Jay's discography any day... although I must admit its pretty close since jays put out a lot of shit.

I got Big L at #10 on my all time list while Jay-z has always been at #12.
    test