This new Eminem track "Rap God" is DOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 14, 2013.

1. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I was responding to the Jay comment, i.e. The quote?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

lol, are you serious? countless rappers have better flow and are much better at wordplay. You can find better wordplay rappers on a label like Rhymesayers, let alone the rest of the underground rap world... let alone the rest of the G.O.A.T. conversation rappers.
    test
  3. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Hey. Nice RhymeSayers plug. I live in Minneapolis. Atmosphere got a mtv commercial spot that ran for a couple weeks back in 2008. He's relatively known in the underground, but here... They're shows sell out in minutes.

test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Atmosphere shows sell out quick everywhere....slug has one of the most loyal and diverse fan bases that I have ever seen....
    test
  5. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I've never seen him outside of the cities... I've been able to see that though from underground enthusiasts all around. I think he was a bit more popular back late 90s early 2000s...i think he tried to sell out a bit but it didn't work, try to sell underground music as pop music...

test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I have seen atmosphere many times and I have spent no time in Mn......I don't see the selling out thing but I agree slug was a bit more popular in the early parts of the century....
    test
  7. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

So when it's time to debate Eminem's goat worthyness, y'all compare him to other mainstream rappers, but when it's Jay, it's cool to bring the backpackers out? Most niggas in your top 5 couldn't hang with underground rappers when it comes to sheer lyricism (whatever that means), but the fact remains that mainstream rappers make better music.

I notice eminem fans do the same thing when discussing catalogs. They try to validate eminem's discography by focusing on his best work, yet completely dismiss or downplay RD when they talk about jay.

And as far as flow goes, no one can rap on as wide a variety of beats as Jay and no one can master the slow and fast flow like Jay. Big actually had to rehearse his verses in a separate room when he did notorious thugs with bone. Jay can do the double time flow in his sleep then do a song like girls, girls and kill it. Jay can hop on a Primo, swizz beatz, timbo, neptunes or dre beat anyday and switch up his flow accordingly. Name 5 mc's who can do this.
    test
  8. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

so many things wrong with this post

1.for one there are plenty of mc's that happen to sell alot for records that can hang with the underground
    second jay-z only raps up tempo or in the double time tempo
    3. eminem is still dropping dope music in 2013 jay-z is not , not imo

4.eminem can rap in all different types of flows and his rhyme scheme varies also
    unlike jay-z who usually raps in the abab rhyme pattern

1 makaveli
    2. nas
    3.eminem
    4. twista
    5. big pun

these dudes i just named can all rap in different types of flows and rhyme different types of patterns
    test
  9. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

It was in 2008, when he signed to a different label and went and made that CD in Los Angeles. He had a few commercials on mtv and I thought he was kind of selling out. Not really because he stayed under ground for the most part, but kinda. Lol

test
  10. Louis Armstrong

Horrible examples. Twista and Big Pun's flows rarely vary. I don't care if they can rhyme fast, fast flow doesn't equal good flow for me.

Eminem's slow flow isn't great and he always raps off beat on down tempo beats, but he's got a killer fast flow. Nas' has a very wooden flow and has trouble switching it up. His flow is just not versatile. Pac had a good flow and could go fast or slow, but Jay's flow is sharper and more technical.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    test
  11. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Andre's flow is more versatile. Old Eminem, he could even kill club bangers like Lean Back.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    test
  12. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Ya'll niggas still stupid as fuck.

Em killed this, first of all.

Second of all, someone explain this "it's not the old Em" faggotry. Like, that's supposed to actually mean something. Em has been more or less consistent lyrically. Barring that weird accent he used on Relapse for a while unless someone explains exactly HOW Em fell off, then it's just another one of those stupid myths made up by nerdy ass elitists to make them feel more important than they are.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Eminem fell off harder and faster than any artist I've ever seen, aside from 50 cent. Difference between the two, Eminem was good enough to not show his face in public for 5 years, come back with an album that right now is deemed fairly decent, not the best, but relapse has some cuts. 50 should just stick to movies. Cuz Eminems never-ending popularity was the reason for 50s popularity in the end.

• -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

First off, Em kills all underground rappers as well. secondly, flow wise BIG is much better than jay... hes never off beat... ever... probably because he had such a small selection of music, but its a fact that Jay is and always will be a Notorious BIG understudy. I dont give a fuck how they rehearsed shit, Jay doesn't have a verse as dope as Notorious thugs.

my top 5 are Nas, Pac, Bone thugs, Eminem, and Notorious BIG... all better than Jay-z at damn near everything.
    test
  15. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

^wow what jay do to u bro?
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

Who fell off harder, LL or Em?
    test
  17. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

BIGs flow was on point. Agreed.

LL as in Cool J? I'm not sure LL did? He's still making money respectably. Maybe Em just cud he almost died and totally just fell from grace suddenly and hard... But they're both fully employed as of today

test
  18. ThatsNotMyName

test
  19. Louis Armstrong

Jay's flow on Jigga what shits on Notorious thugs. Biggie was clearly struggling on that shit. I suggest you go listen to Squeeze first or even Threat from the black album and see if you can find many Big verses that can come close. And Reasonable doubt was a way more complex album then Ready to die. Nothing on ready to die comes close to Devil's from a lyrical standpoint. Big was a what you see is what you get type of mc, Jay's shit has more layers. And eminem isn't even top 5 in the mainstream, forget about the underground. Eminem would probably be the worst mc on AOTP. Eminem is just a good rhymer with a great flow, and lyrically limited folks are easily impressed by rhymes. They're easier to comprehend then complex double entendres, homonyms and extended metaphors.

And the fact that you think that Bone are superior to Jay shows how lyrically illiterate you are.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    test
  20. Louis Armstrong

Ok, I'll you this one, Andre's flow is very fluid and he can adapt to pretty much any beat. But Em has a tendency of straight up disrespecting beats. Just look at what he did on drop the world.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    test