This new Eminem track "Rap God" is DOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 14, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Em is so dope that he doesnt need dope beats, like Nas or 2pac.
    test
  2. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

deaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think the majority of Nas' beats are dope... he only had wack beats on Nastradamus and Street's Disciples... Jay Z is hit or miss... the same with the Pac... I don't like the majority of Eminem's beats.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

to clarify what I said in my last post, Nas and Pac are also rappers who dont need dope beats.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

jay gotta be on a dope ass beat for me to listen to him... and he usually is. in fact, thats the only thing about Jay that I believe he's really the best at... having the dopest beats.
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

agree 100%....and he is so amazing that he has had that effect upon more than just rap music as well......genius is not a far fetched term here
    test
  7. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

He produced "Radio", nuff said!
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think he started out as a rock musician and producer... he produced some heavy metal albums, too... such as those of Slayer.

He and Russell Simmons were roommates at NYU and they started Def Jam in their dorm room... Russell is ecletic with his tastes, too... huge punk rock fan.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

My top 5 producers all time:

1. Primo
    2. RZA
    3. Dre
    4. Rick Rubin
    5. Marley Marl
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

I think that's a top 5 every rap fan can live with. RZA though, to me is so underrated even if you you placed him #2. I feel like people view him as a Wu-Tang group member that happens to produce, instead of a producer who's in a a group. Same goes to Q-Tip!
    test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I had no idea who rick ruben was until berzerk came out.
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? And you used to call me a hip hop noob.
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

^ you called yourself that. lol. and i dont pay attention to producers, just the rappers.
    test
  14. platinumstatz

platinumstatz Member

His raps are always on point.. the beat could have been better tho.
    test
  15. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Album is 78 mins long

[​IMG]

"Bad guy" over 7 mins
    test
  16. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

This is the problem with artists you love, they don't hit you like they used to, however, some people take it to an extreme and start calling him whack.

I pick apart his lyrics too, and in rap God, he uses shit lines a few times, matter fact, there been lines where I couldn't believe it was him, cuz they were so garbage. However, he's still a good artist. Every artist doesn't do as good as they used to. But he still probably has millions of fans just wanting to hear his voice. So something is better than nothing. Everyone hated relapse before recovery came out, now it's deemed far superior to recovery. Time will tell. Saying something is shit on the first listen is dumb too.

Oh and I didn't like rap God when I played it on my phone when it leaked, but when I played it in the car, it was amazing. Hate berzerk though. Survival is dope too. I don't know what people expect out of him anymore.

Maybe it'd be better for his older style fans that he just die, right? That way the studio will release a bunch of unreleased shit from 01 era Em right? Geeeez

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  17. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

This is so stupid

test
  18. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Hovi baby was one of the worst beats off of Blueprint 2 and he killed it. Jay is easily the most versatile mc in the game. Jay can rap on any beat and come up with the perfect flow.

No one can fuck with Jay when it comes to associative wordplay and the use of double and triple entendres. Jay is the only rapper I need to look up to truly understand what he's saying. He's also one of the best songwriters.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    test
  19. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Popular doesn't always mean better though mang. I thought a lot of Jays beats were ruined by him. Lyricism isn't everything either. There's a happy medium. Look at Em. He's suffering from crippling popularity. You can bet your ass , if mmlp2 was some unknown artist with the same appealing voice as him, it's be the hottest shit out. But because he's hyper criticized, it's a negative. Imo anyway. I guess it's a vague response, sort of applys to a lot of things. Positive and a negative. Action - reaction.

test
  20. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

So Eminem doesn't ruin beats???????
    test