This new Eminem track "Rap God" is DOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  2. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

I don't like the beat! This man used to rap over beats like "What's The Difference", "Forgot About Dre", or "Renegade". Give him some of that shit!
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

get the fuck outta here. ASAP and nicki could never come close to this track.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

test
  5. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Wasnt carefully picking lines and seems like Em didnt pick them either.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Yeah, who produced this one track?
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

YOu asking me?
    I have no idea.
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

I'm asking anybody lol

I was checking wiki to see who produced this and I read this "Eminem raps 97 words in 15 seconds - an average of 6.5 words per second."

Is that really fast when it comes to fast rappers? Like comparing him with Twista is he on the same level?
    test
  9. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

During his double-time flow I wouldn't doubt it cuz you generally need to use shorter words in a double-time flow. Some people got it misconstrued though and thought he rapped like 6000 words in the song, lol...some people on twitter, man

As for who produced it...all I've seen so far is the named "DVLP". Gonna keep tryna find out more
    test
  10. Ace the Prophet

test
  11. Ace the Prophet

These are the other two big songs he's produced
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

Double time or not 6.5 words per second is admirable.
    test
  13. ThatsNotMyName

Man, why he let some dude that made decent beats produced a song for him?

Em probably has enough creative control and love for hip hop, why isn't he trying to get some legendary hip hop producers on his albums?
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Didn't really like the beat, but I'm listening to it on my laptop speakers... there are probably other sounds and frequencies that I can't pick up... he is over the place with his flow, kinda leavin' the beat... it's aight... but I think I need to listen to this in the whip or on my house speakers.
    test
  15. Ace the Prophet

Lookin for something new to connect with newer fans. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (Yes, I'm talking about Yeezus). I'm sure he still has the creative control over picking beats. @Freebass worked for Interscope doing something similar to that, correct?

This beat is growing on me, though
    test
  16. Ace the Prophet

I listened to it on my phone on my way to work at first. Was kinda WTF about the beat when it started but the more it went on the better it got. Definitely not as bad as my first impression
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I was at shady, I def listened to a million beats that got sent in, by a million different beat makers....Em has creative control and he can work with just about anyone...He has rick rubin on that first single, and that is about as epic as one can get with choosing a producer......He also is a good producer himself, and he is a reclusive perfectionist too.....
    test
  18. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont think I've ever talked about this, but I've never really cared for any of Eminem's beats (including the dr. dre ones)... ever... except for the Devil's night album. For me, Em is such a good artist that his beats are just an afterthought.
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Rick Rubin doesn't get enough credit as a hip hop producer great... I think he's top 5 to me. He literally transformed hip hop from the disco 808 era to the boom bap modern creative era. I think he was better than Marley Marl... his drums were INSANE... and the beats he did on Licensed to Ill were just crazy. "The New Style" made me a hip hop fanatic. I wrote my first rhyme after hearing that song.
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't see how you can reconcile this and still consider him a great artist... dope beats are a must.

You guys raised on the internet text-cee format have a skewed view of hip hop to me
    test