This may have been asked a million times but....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Nitwit, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

Ive been looking for vocoder software that produces the same effect you find in a lot of older west coast music, such as Tupac's California Love....can anyone point me in the right direction...thanks.
    test
  2. TraxSmith

TraxSmith TrackBangas.com

I'm also looking for that... someone said what software that is on this site before, but I forgot..
    test
  3. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

Yo, I would like a good one too. I Did have one from Analog X a long time ago, but there shit isnt to good. Another way you could do it is if you have like Fruity Loops 3.4 or above (not exaclty sure what version they thew it in tho). All you gotta do is go in your browser window, open the Speech tab and double click on the west coast button. This will open a window and you can make it say anyhting you want it to and when your done it can be saved to .wav or whatever your using. Theres also other fun voices to try out. You can play with that shit for a long time.
    test
  4. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

yeah i got taht fruity loops shit...but that's pretty wack...i wanna record my own voice...i don't wanna use Mrs. AT&T for the hook on a beat
    test
  5. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

i also have the vocoder from analog x...which is ok, but it's pretty much wack....the vocals end up monotone, so it really has no place in music. You can't match up keys or chords or anything, there's know fluxuation.
    test
  6. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

HAHAHA, yea Mrs. AT&T sucks my balls. It does work tho. But i would DEFFINATLY rather use my own voice.
    test
  7. TwistedPlot

TwistedPlot DS3 Crü

Vocoder

You can do that type of effect with Native Instruments Kontakt and Native Instruments Vokator.

Uno
    test
  8. banetheterrible

banetheterrible New Member

yea their are some plug ins, but you might as well get a talkbox and do it right, you can get a real good one for 150
    test
  9. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

yea 150 is kinda alot for one lil effect tho, i've heard people do it reaaaaaal nice and i kno damn well they dont have a talkbox.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.