This may be a bit premature to say, but...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Jack Shitt, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i kinda agree with that if you look at it that way, its a young sport.. boxing had greats early on, shit before it even had rules. you barely hear about any of them these days though, its all ali, foreman, marciano, louis, frazier, etc but there were legends before them
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

think its safe to say that young athletes rather get into mma than boxing nowadays, boxing is kinda dead.
    test
  3. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

That's a common misconception. Boxing is still paying fighters more and bringing in more via PPV's. It's true that MMA markets itself better and is the fight sport for the ADD generation. It makes sense that young athletes would gravitate towards it... your chances of becoming UFC champion are much greater than your chances of becoming WBC/WBO/IBF/WBA champion.
    test
  4. UnbrokeN

sorry cant respect an opinion coming from somebody named Jack Shitt
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

show your work.

You know how everyone always argues over who a person has fought to deserve to be called as good as they are? Shogun is one of only probably 3 people nobody can say built his career by just being a can killer. Rampage, Arona, Overeem, liddell, lil nog, coleman, randleman, machida. I mean, son of a bitch. Dude not only beat a whos who of lhw but went ahead and whooped a few dudes who have made waves at hw as well.

Make no mistake about it, best light heavyweight of all time. only dude that can touch his resume is rampage.

and yes, the two greatest lhws of all time got beat by forrest griffin. different topic, different day.
    test
  6. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

I can't help what my mother named me. I mean, I suppose I could get it legally changed, but I'm kinda only half dedicated.
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

my condolences.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.