this man gets everything right about eminem / mj / benzino

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/editorial/outlook/2852534

The source/Benzino are still desperately grasping for anything they can to destroy Eminem. While i'm not fan anymore since he sold out during his 8-Mile era (we'll always have his indie stuff) I think its best to come to his defense when he's being attacked by a magazine who's owner unethically uses his magazine to push his own hatred-fueled agendas against the successful rapper. (Jealous is a bitch) Anyway, below is the article pulled from the above URL. I think its particularly odd how benzino would rather side with the most famous child molestor (jackson not rkelly) and the only fodder he has on eminem is that he said something racist when he was young and dumb teenager. (He's like 32 now) Below is the article

-favian

JAMES T. CAMPBELL wonders how some in the hip-hop world can condemn rapper Eminem for his negative depiction of singer Michael Jackson.

In the the category of "you've got to be kidding right?," some in the hip-hop community are condemning rapper Eminem's new video depicting singer Michael Jackson as a child molester as racially insensitive. This strikes me, an admitted old school brother, as oddly duplicitous, not to mention fodder for a Chris Rock joke.

It seems Jackson is really, really mad about Eminem's recently released video Just Lose It in which the rapper makes fun of the pop icon's latest legal woes and his proclivity for plastic surgery. Jackson has pleaded not guilty in Santa Barbara County to child molestation, conspiracy and administering alcohol to an underage companion. The singer has asked cable music stations to remove the video from their rotations.

Notably, MTV and VH1 haven't complied. But in an astounding display of moral relativity, Black Entertainment Television network's president and founder Robert Johnson agreed to pull the video, saying he felt it was inappropriate to disparage a celebrity.

That's interesting. I wonder if Johnson finds the depiction of black women as oversexed, bikini-clad hoochie mommas in many rap videos airing on BET, particularly the late night program UnCut, "inappropriate"?

Ray Benzino (who is black), CEO of The Source Magazine which touts itself as the largest magazine devoted to hip-hop music, culture and politics also jumped to Jackson's defense, imploring Eminem's management to pull the single from his upcoming album and to publicly apologize to Jackson.

Benzino has used his magazine to engage in a two-year feud with Eminem (who is white), accusing the rapper of exploiting the hip-hop culture and being a racist for using the N-word and making disparaging comments about black women in some old tapes several years ago.

In a press release e-mailed to newspapers around the country (how did I get on the list?), Benzino writes: "For too long influential people in the hip-hop community have stood by Eminem while he has made a mockery of the culture that inspires and motivates our young people to achieve and be proud of their black heritage ... "

Huh?

OK, my hip-hop catalog is slim at best, but as far as I know there are few rappers or rap songs that inspire and motivate young black people. Wouldn't that be counter-intuitive in hip-hop? And under what hip-hop standard is it appropriate for black rappers to liberally use the N-word and refer to and portray black women in unflattering terms, but the same is off limits to white rappers? The N-word is no more affectionate coming from a black rapper than it is coming from a white one.

Lest I be misunderstood, this is not a defense of Eminem, whose derogatory lyrics have managed to offend everyone from gays to his own mother and ex-wife. But I would find it real hard to feel outrage about anyone satirizing Michael Jackson, whose metamorphosis into a walking punchline began long before the latest Eminem video.

Benzino's selective righteousness leaves me incredulous. I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways in a music genre notorious for eschewing any discernible standards beyond "my bling-bling (material things, for the unenlightened) is larger than your bling, bling."

I am no hip-hop hater. I happen to like the stuff I can understand and relate to. I tend toward the groups and lyrics that advance some socially redeeming theme. By the way, is "socially redeeming" too high a standard for the hip-hop community to consider?

Several months ago, students at Spelman, a historically black women's college in Atlanta, protested an appearance of rapper Nelly at the school for a charity function because of negative images of women in his video Tip Drill.

Asha Jennings, president of the Spelman Student Government Association, said: "We can't continue to support artists and images that exploit our women and put us out there as oversexed, nonintelligent human beings."

I wonder if the hip-hop community and Robert Johnson heard that honest rap?
    test
  2. Worm Plasma

Worm Plasma Registered Abuser

benzino is an idiot...i really hate him. and i know hate is a strong word...but i do really hate him...

i wish something really bad happens to him...i'm really serious...maybe the mood i'm in...but the dude really deserves horrible pain inflicted on him...both physical and mental.
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

same here.

the best line from the article above is this:

Lest I be misunderstood, this is not a defense of Eminem, whose derogatory lyrics have managed to offend everyone from gays to his own mother and ex-wife. But I would find it real hard to feel outrage about anyone satirizing Michael Jackson, whose metamorphosis into a walking punchline began long before the latest Eminem video.
    test
  4. Worm Plasma

Worm Plasma Registered Abuser

yeah and what about this

In a press release e-mailed to newspapers around the country (how did I get on the list?), Benzino writes: "For too long influential people in the hip-hop community have stood by Eminem while he has made a mockery of the culture that inspires and motivates our young people to achieve and be proud of their black heritage ... "

what the fuck is beznino doing to improve the situation?

his little magazine revolves all around materialism and all that shit

his music isn't too positive either...

benzino's a damn hypocrite...i hate him
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

hatred is more than an appropiate word for benzino.
    test
  6. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

yeah he shitted on it..

good article...
    test
  7. Odd Job

Odd Job didnt kno it was ur bitch

gimme seans number, he left it for me, but i erased it.
    test
  8. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

I tried to pm iyt but it wouldnt work..call me after 5 and ill give it to ya
    test
  9. Ge'Nome

Ge'Nome Illest Since NessLee Quit

test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

i wrote an email to the author complimenting him on his article and he wrote back. yay
    test
  11. Nick Name™

Nick Name™ SERTIFYDE WORLDWIDE

yeah i was impressed with the article too,,benzino is worthless..good shit thnks
    test
  12. deadweather

deadweather ******

wordio
    i almost spit my drink on the keyboard when he called jackson a walking punchline.

wordplasma's avatar is amazing.
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

uppin for u scum
    test
  14. Charlie_Br0wn

Charlie_Br0wn (Creative Alias Here)

Word...
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

he's the street disciple or something right
    test
  16. Ear: Complex

Ear: Complex ear to the streets

That's interesting. I wonder if Johnson finds the depiction of black women as oversexed, bikini-clad hoochie mommas in many rap videos airing on BET, particularly the late night program UnCut, "inappropriate"?

hmmm. real nice point here. its cuz eminem's white. if it was any african american rapper, it wouldnt be a problem. dont get me wrong, i hate that Just Lose it song, and im not feelin eminems music anymore but this whole situation is stupid. and of course benzinos gotta get involved, cuz if it wasnt for his beef with eminem noone would know who he is and give him any respect (which i doubt people do now anyways)
    test
  17. deadweather

deadweather ******

basically. i lost mad respect for steve harvey
    not only that i remmeber him talking shit about rap music in the kings of comedy then i saw him in a cash money video. gay prick
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

upping for the graveyard shift
    test
  19. Dkaid

Dkaid Dkaid - Point Made

Benzino is a lil girl. I have completely boycotted the Source since HIS racism has come out in his stupidity.
    test
  20. deadweather

deadweather ******

same here, i didnt mind the source until benzino made his presence known

"the source presents: hip hop greatest hits CD volume 1"

feat. dmx, jay-z, eminem, outkast, etc.... benzino???
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.