This Is Why...

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by MetaSin, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don killa

don killa New Member

good fa you, least ya know ya place
    test
  2. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Yeah.

It's gettin money & writing when I'm bored with time to kill.

Damn sure isn't spending hours recording into my computer & editing it.. So a bunch of kids I'll never meet on a message board can hear it. Hahahaha.

You got me..
    test
  3. Strike2

Strike2 Man Meets Creator

all I started out with saying was this... dont get bent when people vote against you cause they dont get it. its yer own 'fault' if you choose to ignore them while writing.
    ofcourse we should always strive for the best Im jus against people tellin me or anyone what good is...
    Newbies shouldnt want to write like u they should want to write to write like themselves.
    the 20 line verses with 10 set ups and 10 punches jus gets repetetive...
    And I actually recall the RBL bein a whole lot more diverse in 2001 but yeah its been like this since 2003 or so... wanna go back and see when the rbl started to needed to be restarted every few months?

p.s ironic enough Ive always been a fan of subtle and clever lines Im jus saying we need to stop dogging people who like to write and thus vote different
    test
  4. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

So up & coming rappers shouldn't wanna rap like Hov?

Basketball players shouldn't wanna play like Kobe?
    test
  5. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

No...they wanna be better
    test
  6. Strike2

Im pretty sure they want too... but I dont think the current state of the rapgame is somethin we should persue.. its pretty shitty as far as versatility goes...
    Its a great example tho.. the game is filled of bland hova copies
    kinda similar to the way most kids write here, copying whatever gets the votes instead of jus writing from their own heart....
    you can and should try to learn from other people... thats a good thing jus dont be afraid to be different
    test
  7. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Being versatile doesn't sell..

Just like it won't win battles.

If you wanna write from your heart, there's an open mic forum
    test
  8. dizthachozen1

dizthachozen1 ...free your mind...

...what tha fuck rap game do you pay attention to? diversity is what's making all the money in hip hip right now...the south movement is divese from traditional east coast rap...the melodic 'roger troutman'-esque, voice modulation is diverse from traditional west coast rap...and in that case it's more evident than the south movement in where you have snoop dog diversifying himself and having his latest album entirely produced by teddy riley...who diversified traditional r&b into the 'new jack swing'...taking all elements of music and melding them together into something freesh and new...diversity, son...maybe you aren't sure the definition of the word, son.
    test
  9. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Whoa.. The south movement is about being diverse?

So 90% of them isn't just trying to make ringtone friendly dance songs right now?

Fuck.. Even 50 admitted he hopped on that bandwagon with I get Money.

You stick with what's working if you want to succeed.. You don't just come along & decide what's gonna work
    test
  10. dizthachozen1

kanye did...and that's not where i was going with that...what i meant was, nothing stays as it is...diversity and change go hand-in-hand. music doesn't stay the same forever...especially hiphop...hip hop is ALL about diversity...once the 'ringtone-friendly' as you put it-ever so comically, cycle runs its course, the game will diversify itself with something other than 'the now' and manifest into something totally different than what we are hearing now...with all the cultural adaptations, new ways of creating music, and bridging the gaps between 'now' and 'then', diversity maybe the most complete one word description of hip hop...music as a whole, really.
    test
  11. Strike2

lol actually I dont plan on postin in any forum here besides this one anytime soon...

and thats yer opinion... when I judge a verse I judge it on the total picture it paints... If I feel dude clowned the hell out of you without usin one punch he gets the vote... if you come jus as hard but have more dope lines in em I give it to you... but how bad you emberass yer opponent should always the main criteria in my opinion

if you have dope and creative lines you wanna show the world.. theres always the open mic forum
    test
  12. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

hey an insightful convo

good job fellas
    test
  13. don killa

don killa New Member

Loud an' clear.
    test
  14. dizthachozen1

i don't even fuck with audios on here. if i'm gonna take the time to drop something on a mic, it's for an albim or a mixtape in one of these studios we got. i ain't half assin on no mic just for an online battle..fuck that shit. but hey, to each his own, right?
    test
  15. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

that is correct
    test
  16. dizthachozen1

don't get me wrong, i hear some dope shit from time to time, remember that nigga Akrobatik?...he's nice on the mic...was killin niggas in audio battles on line and i read a magazine article in a dj-ing mag about him when i was at thte studio like 2 months ago. i just can't remember the name of ta magazine.
    test
  17. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

Ive heard em.... duke is nice on the mic
    test
  18. don killa

don killa New Member

test
  19. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

You're wasting your time in the studio, homey. You gotta learn to write nice rhymes before you can spit nice rhymes. And you're still at square one.
    test
  20. don killa

don killa New Member

lol, why tha harshness?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.