This is why Nick Diaz is the man

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Cognitive D.K, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

patience is a virtue when watching this one...spectacular last 2 mins

[youtube]whFcuRxqAkY[/youtube]

then kneebars the legendary macaco

[youtube]Gbe6wlWMYrE[/youtube]

slick
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

wow. i am amazed someone else actually loves watching bjj matches. do you train?

anyways, i love nick. i havent seen this video before... im gunna go in depth with this one. lets see..

wow, the way he plays half guard is really unique. he almost does the splits. i love how he goes for the collar choke immediately when in half guard. i do the same thing every time. again, the splits in half guard, thats really unique. i like that, looks like its good as long as he can maintain his base which he does beautifully, letting castillo slide under allowing nick to stay on top which leads to him potentially getting the knee bar if they didnt get restarted in slightly different positions.

his flexibility allows him to spread out his legs and prevent them from being hooked so castillo cant reguard. when castillo does finally reguard, instead of actively trying to pass, he remains really patient and waits for castillo to open his legs so he can pass. pretty smart depending on whose guard it is

great job maintaining pressure on top, continuously attacking instead of looking to score points

love trapping the arm when he has the back, really effective

smart switching to the arm bar, really patient with it instead of trying to rip his grip off with all his strength like so many people do. only down side is hes crossing his legs which could have potentially allowed castillo to escape.

great match though.

the 2nd one is entered incorrectly, its just a white box.

im gunna post some good matches in here. i just cant resist. i thoguht nobody liked watching bjj vids
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i dont know much about the scoring or the eb and flow of it but i kinda get it and i can see things setting up or what someone is trying to do...i get it enough to know nick is very slick
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

he was 18 in the first match
    test
  6. Ben Official

this is probably my favorite match. roger gracie vs jacare, mundials 2004. it was a long match, heres the 2nd and most important part of the match. AAMMMMAAAZINNNG

[youtube]FUYwlxHjkMA[/youtube]

watch especially from 1:11 on. YES roger DID break jacares arm!!! and jacare still goes on to fight to win the match!!! best match ever!!! if roger didn't cross his legs there i doubt jacare would have escaped. even though it did break his arm anyways. this match gives me chills every time
    test
  7. Ben Official

another one of my favorites, but i cant embed this video in here... ANDRE GALVAO. one of my fav bjj fighters. look at this pure owange! one of the best still fighting today. obviously, hes the one destroying the other guy:

Andre Galvao Jiu-Jitsu PwnageVideo

this is the first match from the 08 mundials
    test
  8. Ben Official

more of my favs (if you thought nick was amazing, just watch):

Rafael Lovato:
    [youtube]BJzxLCCgJ8M[/youtube]

Terere:
    [youtube]7iY0yNFVfnc[/youtube]

Both of the Ribeiro brothers... Saulo and Xande
    [youtube]n-DgzsCDtXc[/youtube]

of course Marcelo Garcia
    [youtube]AY8JlJZBgCk[/youtube]

jacare
    [youtube]gXM9J10IfSw[/youtube]

again, if you thought nicks fight was entertaining, just watch these. you will be thoroughly impressed. sorry for the thread steal, couldnt resist. nicks a beast though, but nowhere near any of the above
    test
  9. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

ill watch but dont say nowhere near

he is a cesar gracie black belt with wins in MAJOR tourneys

these matches are from when he was only 18 years old , dude is 26 now
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

lol@gavalo

that was cool, gay and funny all at the same time- dancin around that cat
    test
  11. Ben Official

oh he is definitely nowhere near anyone i listed above
    test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i thought macaco was supposed to be a legend
    test
  13. Ben Official

no not really, hes great at bjj, but no legend.

even if he was, someone tapping him out doesnt put them on his level

i.e. eddie bravo vs royler gracie

dont get me wrong, i LOVE nick. hes one of my favorite mma fighters. but bjj wise, he is nowhere near the level of galvao, saulo, xande, lovato, jacare, marcelo, terere, roger, demian maia, etc
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i dunno im not an officianado on jj enough to tell you differently

seems like you may not give american jj practitioners the same respect you do brazilians
    test
  15. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

nick subbed macaco under 2 mins
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Personally, I love all combat footage. I'm currently learning a bit of submission fighting.

Can't speak for everyone else, but I'll watch anything posted. Nowadays while online I usually have an RM tab, a tab where I look for fights, one for pandora, and one for sherdog.
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

One of my current favorite up and coming fighters. Future of MMA.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Good god man.
    test
  19. Ben Official

first of all, rafael lovato is american.

2nd, the mundials is the biggest international bjj tournament in the world. its the biggest bjj accomplishment there is. next is the ADCCs. this is the biggest no gi event in the world.

most of the people i mentioned have won both several times. i named them because those are some of the best bjj practitioners in the world. all of the people i listed have won the mundials at LEAST once, some as much as 6 times. some have won the mundial absolute division more than once (absolute division = open weight class)

when i say they are on a whole nother level above nick diaz, they really are. trust me. if you look into it you will see that is the case. nick didn't even get his bjj black belt until like 2 years ago. he still has a long way to go before he can be considered world class. his biggest accomplishment is the pan ams and that was in the purple belt division after defeating patino.

i could have mentioned american bjj practicioners as well, but the best are, for the most part, coincidentally brasilian. some americans are up there though, for example robert drysdale, bj penn, dean lister
    test
  20. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

check ya rep
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.