This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

quincy jones is my favorite producer of all time if you talk about over the whole spectrum.fuck that .

1.Quincy Jones
    test
  2. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

ive already acknowledged the fact that he supposedly has dope beats...

im not saying nova is wack....i dont know nova...as far as i know hes another man that loves hiphop and i have the upmost respect for him

but if i disagree with him.....or i strongly disagree with him. i make that known
    test
  3. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Jdilla was garbage niggas just on his dick cuz he died.
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Its funny b/c i have been coming to this forum since 2002 and I have only heard his name come up about a few times......
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i disagree but ive been a fan of alchemists drums for a while
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

r u tellin me u wasnt feelin Runnin? Runnin was fire
    test
  7. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Man I know he aint garbage but he aint all that. Yea he has beats I was really feelin like runnin. But his career was nothing that stood out to me. I can name a handfull of producers that are hotter than dilla. And dilla drums aint nothing mind blowing. I feel I got tracks wit hotter drums than dilla
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

hahaha......I'm sure you do have hotter drums than dilla........honestly read what peole like questlove have to say about dilla's drums.......I'd be willing to bet your drums aren't quite on love's level and he said he could not compare to dilla's.......like I said earlier, can't say he's the best.....but can't argue with someone who says he is.......he invented detroit hip-hop.....
    test
  9. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

its like the people who do this for money vs the people who dont
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

all i see is a buncha niggaz bandwagonnin like a mafucka

some of ya'll niggaz aint listen to Dilla a day in ya life til he died.......SOME of ya'll...maybe even MOST

thats the shit i hate the most about hip hop.......

niggaz always root for the underdog.....in this case its dilla

nigga i'm from detroit....dilla is one of my favs.......but its a respect thing..........

i cant sit here and say that nigga is the illest ever, cuz the nigga aint....theres plenty niggaz smashin him........ME being one of them.......yes, i said it.........i make hotter beats than dilla

but i still respect the nigga

but what i dont respect is yall niggaz bandwagonnin like a mafucka carrying on about dilla when u niggaz NEVVVVVVVVER mentioned that nigga before his soul got took.........EVER

it was always the same played out list.......timbo.......dre.........just blaze......and overrated ass primo......

PLEASE nigga...........some of ya'll niggaz is still CHILDREN.......like 17 years old in here tryin to kick knowledge......nigga go finish ya algebra homework, i kno school started back up last week......shit like this makes me sick

dilla is top 10 for me....my top 10 is based on respect tho......not who makes the hottest shit....

greatest producer tho? come on man, think before you speak

the nigga had nice drums, forreal.....i learned alot from listenin to his drums.......but the nigga aint the best.....he is just ....good.

niggaz love to find somebody who fits that gay hip hop stereotype of havin dirty samples and gritty drums, with depressing and anti-ecentric chops......anybody fittin that description gets their "authentic" hip hop pass

let a nigga kill the synths....use some clean ass drums...and make a bitch shake, and they gotta fall back, cuz they aint fittin the "authentic hip hop" stereotype

the fukk outta here

and fukk the site politics......i'm spittin the truth.......fukk wit ya boy
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed
    test
  12. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

LMAO

thats sig material right there

Urb, you not shittin on Dilla cuzz.

What the fuck?

Are u serious?

[funny]
    test
  13. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

you dont even have one beat thats cold
    test
  14. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

Dion.....please homey, we could go thru the whole "i dont upload my heat online shit".......but i'ma assume u aint a DUMB nigga and realize that already.....u really aint gotta think so nigga...

but I think so...and pretty much at the end of the day, i think my opinion is gonna override yours....i think an opinion from me on these boards holds twice the weight yours do.......thats how u kno where u at wit this music shit.......alotta niggaz on here makin moves son....ME being one of them, been on the grind for a hot minute...stackin paper, ya'll niggaz aint never gon see...but i'm not a tacky nigga, i aint gonna announce what i'm doin on the net, cuz i done accomplished many things in my life.....but i realize some of these niggaz never did nothin in their life, and maybe sellin a beat or 2 is a highlight for them....thats the difference between me and ya'll....

but regardless....i stand by my opinion there are niggaz who post on this very board that are killin dilla as far as finished products....if u fail to agree, then u are simply in denial......point blank.......i just keep it real son, ya'll niggaz just like to fog errything up with politically correct statements cuz thats what timid weak minded niggaz do......fall in line

which is the main reason niggaz dont like me, cuz i just speak on how it is....and what its lookin like...

as for yung truth.....all that hate in ya blood......the funny thing is, u the typa nigga that wanna act like he aint feelin my shit, but deep down inside you are......matter of fact, erry nigga on here that beefs with me is feelin my shit....

i dont have one beat thats cold?

have some integrity nigga.....if u dont like me, coo.....but lets not blatantly lie nigga.......

and i aint tryin to turn this to no back and forth fiasco....its simply my mafuckin opinion and ya'll niggaz cant say nothin to change it.....real talk.
    test
  15. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

*Sigh*

This entire discussion hurts my heart.
    It leads me to wonder just where the artform is headed.

Look...

If you don't think Jay Dee is one of the very best producers in Rap history that's an opinion that you're entitled to have but that makes me question your historical foundation with the Rap genre.

It might be cliche, but Dilla's likely your favorite producer's favorite producer.

1. He's easily one of the most influential producers to ever push a button.
    Black Milk, Hi-Tek, Oddisee, Kev Brown, Grap Luva... I could go on for hours.

2. He's likely the biggest reason why claps replaced the snare in Rap production.
    Again, if you don't have a historical foundation you couldn't know this.

3. The "how many hits does he have" argument is porous.
    That's a slippery slope because today's industry is one-sided. Artists like Slum Village don't have mainstream access. If they did his career, in terms of commercial viability, could easily have gone the other way. I won't even mention the fact that he had more mainstream success than some of you think (check his discography on your own time). Ask yourself how many classics he can be credited with and you might change your mind.

Listen,
    I'm not sure he's the "Best EVER", but he's certainly one of the "Best EVER".
    There's really no way to argue that...
    Unless you started listening to Rap yesterday, have no balance in your understanding of the culture or don't have a historical foundation.

Stop using Corporate Radio and Television as your measuring stick for an artist or producer's worth. They don't tell the whole story.

Widen your scope a bit (I won't even get into the impact Dilla's had worldwide).

That is all.
    test
  16. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

claps have replaced snares?

no... just no lol.
    test
  17. Ixtlan

I should've clarified my commentary. I was being a bit disingenuous.

Claps have ALL BUT replaced snares in contemporary Rap production...
    Hell Urban production in general.
    At least in the last 2-3 years.

If you don't believe that take 5 minutes to listen to Corporate radio.
    test
  18. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"3. The "how many hits does he have" argument is porous.
    That's a slippery slope because today's industry is one-sided. Artists like Slum Village don't have mainstream access. If they did his career, in terms of commercial viability, could easily have gone the other way. I won't even mention the fact that he had more mainstream success than some of you think (check his discography on your own time). Ask yourself how many classics he can be credited with and you might change your mind."

u need to change change the word "access" to "appeal" and that statment would make more sense. bottom line is that you may think his music is that great...but theres many more people who dont give a fuck about dude...
    test
  19. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Urb you nice with ya shit no doubt

but you being a better producer than J Dilla?

... for one yall 2 different styles of beats

Come on Urb this nigga J Dilla produces FULL ALBUMS. We not talkin beat for beat, we talkin ALBUM for ALBUM. J Dilla got albums thats all completely CLASSIC...plus countless classic songs that hes behind the boards on.

When you get into making classic shit... thats a whole new breed of music. J Dilla made some damn good CLASSIC music dog, to say you better than him is just beyond confident.

Its only a few producers that can produce full albums without getting boring...

There was a thread made 3 years ago saying "Who would you have produce your full album?".... The first producer I mentioned was J Dilla

Then I'd say Dre, Quik, 9th, Hi Tek, Battlecat, etc etc... but Dilla was first

I know you just being typical cocky urb tho...
    test
  20. Ixtlan

I never represented my own personal opinions of Dilla.
    I gave you a historical perspective based around impact and influence.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think there aren't just as many people who aren't particularly fond of your favorite rapper (insert name). It's a matter of taste.

And, trust me I realize what word I used in that sentence.
    I said "access". "Appeal" means little in today's over-saturated industry.
    Especially with as much payola that takes place in Corporate Radio.

Again, some of the game's biggest talents on the button-push are heavily influenced by him. We're not just talking about a few hundred fans of Dilla.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.