This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

nerdy?...tie dye?

since when has army fatigue become tie dye nigga?

can we please talk about music without you kids trying to earn laughs?...i dont giev a fuck about all of that

we talkin about music. not my clothes
    test
  2. [ Yung Truth ]

i gotta go to class....please dont say any dumb shit while im gone.

and Nova...quit lying.
    test
  3. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

test
  4. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

Reapah said the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life. I can't believe you just said that in an attempt to try and validate your point. You need to listen to Dilla so you'll understand why people are calling him the greatest of all-time. It's sad but people are just now paying attention to him since he died. BUT regardless, if you go back and listen to his tracks, it's more to it than a damn bandwagon. He was immensely talented and there aren't too many folks that will EVER be able to fuck with him skills wise. REAL TALK.
    test
  5. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

because being a producer and musician are two different skills. one can help the other but its not the same thing. as a producer i can hire musicians to make my beat better u can direct some keys on the track and the beat will turn out better than someone who played their own keys and played their own drums and it will both be prod. by me and itd be prod. by so and so. i dont even know how it got this far in an arguement anyone with half a brain cell can peep a timbo track vs. a dilla beat and see who has the better drums just by listening.
    test
  6. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

shut yo galaxy-hop listenin, intergalactic planetary was the best beastie boys song ass up...

SON, i listen to a GAAAANG of dilla shit... Im more into his rappin than i am his beats. son, go google up fantastic vol 2 and buy that shit.

But its TRUE... alot of yall cant NAME 10 producers that aint the obvious ones, but he's the best ever... nigga, battle kats drums is equivelent to his, so dont come at me wit that shit. immensely talented??? son, name your top 5, RIGHT NOW....
    test
  7. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

you couldnt of read ALL that shit you threw up after that
    test
  8. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

LOL. Miss me with that back packin shit.

Battlecat?! That nigga make sick beats and his shit has a gang of swing...but equivalent to dilla?

Personal Top 5?

1.Timbaland
    2.Dr. Dre
    3. Dilla
    4.Premo
    5. Hi-Tek, Just Blaze, The Neptunes...too many to count tied for that last spot. that shit changes from day to day.
    test
  9. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

shit would be easier by region for me. North South Midwest, West...
    test
  10. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

Why is we even arguin if yo list is like that... thas exceptable, except premo would be more in my top 10... I luv gangstarr, but niggas really act like ?estlove dont produce
    test
  11. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Battlecat is a real drummer son, if you listen to the percussion on his tracks shit is impeccable. Drum sounds are a preference. Dilla's drums bang, but Im not gonna act like he was the most proficient drum programmer ever at all. Dilla was the sonic leader of a movement. Just as a Battlecat was with the new wave G Funk sound once Dre Abandoned that sound. Preference is subjective bottom line, there is no right or wrong, either people like the shit or they dont but you cant really shove the term GOAT down peoples throats and expect people to accept it.
    test
  12. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

ya'll need to talk that elitist point of view on music somewhere else, that shit is garbage and means nothing....how u gonna say dude was the best producer of all time when hit for hit he's nooooo where even close to somebody like timbo, and dont even say shit like that doesnt matter, THATS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS!

and bottome line, learning to play an instrument has nothing to do with talent, all it takes is time and practice.

j dilla made good music for a minority inside the hiphop fanbase, he is far from the greatest of all time.
    test
  13. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

dilla is one of my favorites... i wouldnt call him the greatest producer ever
    test
  14. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

he wasn't really working on donuts when he was dying man,

he probably made donuts fuckign ages ago he's still got about 5 more albums of unused instrumentals laying about.

the reason why he got sick the first time round was because he spent so much time in the studio he didn;t eat and it eventually made him sick, and probably also contributed to his demise.

thats why i'm fat i could last 12 months on my body fat alone in the studio lol
    test
  15. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Actually dilla was diagnosed with TTP in 2002. He spent most of his time in the hospital and made beats in his hospital bed. Just wanna let u know about that..

Pz
    test
  16. noVa ProductionZ

really?

fuck.

that makes me feel even more inadequate
    test
  17. [ Yung Truth ]

thank u
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Timbo, Primo, Alchemist, Pete Rock. I cant think of anymore but definately them
    test
  19. noVa ProductionZ

alchemists drums are no way as on point as dilla's

and as for timbo.

Timbo is the type of person who would buy his own drum kits of modern beats and use the loops in his own songs lol
    test
  20. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

Nova is an industry producer...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.