This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

timbo, dj paul and juicy j, tim n bob, just blaze, dre, mannie fresh
    test
  2. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

question this forum? No one said he was wack... people just do not think he is #1. And I dont know how people say JDee drums are better than timberlands.... but that just me.... Timberland changed they way people program drums eg. One in a Million.

My top 2 drum programmers are Timbo and Bink
    test
  3. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

DJ PAUL HAS BETTER DRUMS THAN DILLA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

OH MY MOTHERFUCKING GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    test
  4. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

lol. TIMBALAND is my favorite producer. But honestly how many CLASSIC albums does he have under his belt. I mean the closest one I can think of is maybe that Matrix shit he did for Missy "da real world?". And the first ginuwine album...but other than that? I don't think anybody here wants to try and go track for track with me on Timbaland. You can call me a dick rider if you want, whatever, that's beside the point. But someone. Please, anoyone come up with a list of categories that make a producer great. And you'll see he's EASILY the most consistent.
    test
  5. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

before u get ur little panties in a bundle because u think they arent "hip hop" wait a few years til u up ur production game and then peep how good their patterns and bass are.
    test
  6. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

I cant wait till I gets famous.... Immo let out like, 3 albums, kidnap myself and Die...

if my shit goes gold while im alive, i'll be top 5 of all time and go quadripple platinum in like, 2 years
    test
  7. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

lol dj paul got one arm out programming almost everyone
    test
  8. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

lmao @ dilla bein the goat... maaan.... yall niggas...

top 10, definetly, Top 5, i'd say yea, top 3, NAAAAAHH....

GOAT??? do yall niggas even know 10 producers that dont be all in niggas videos?
    test
  9. [ Yung Truth ]

the thing that you don't realize is i am a huge 3 6 Mafia fan homie...quit thinking that you know everything and shit cuz these kids think your beats are tight....I STUDY music homie...feel me? music is my minor in college. so miss me with all that trying to "son" niggas and shit....all im about is learning this music shit. PERIOD

i barely even listen to hiphop anymore because of how wack the music has gotten...listen to tom waits..listen to queen...listen to radiohead...and youll realize how fuckin far we all have to go as musicians

I'm a drummer....I've been playing drums for over 7 years.

[​IMG]

do you even know what a "pocket" is when talking about drums?

if you had ANY idea what a pocket was you would know that you are saying the most idiotic shit ever right now...

if we could actually ask some industry producers...i GUARANTEE...like seriously.

I guarantee you that not ONE industry producer would say that DJ Pauls drums are better than dillas...not even Dj Paul.

If u were here I could show you mad tracks so u could really pay attention to the drums and you'd be like WTF

theres no way u could achieve dillas drums...never

do u think Dilla couldnt do some simple ass south drums? lmao wow

just because niggas dont ever sell themselves short and make any of that simple ass music so people can know they can do it, yall think they cant

this nigga keeps telling me "once you step your production game up.."

what are u talking about ?

im a drummer man...and niggas on here have heard me play

i dont have to step anything up to realize when i hear excellent drums

mata fact im about to upload something....pay close attention to the fuckin drums
    test
  10. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

i HONESTLY NEVER HEARD OF THIS GUY/SEEN ANYONE TALK ABOUT HIM TIL HE WAS DEAD...
    test
  11. I.N.F.O.theking

NO ONE IS GONNA READ THIS LONG FIASCO OF NONSENSE
    test
  12. [ Yung Truth ]

nah fuck that...im not putting yall up on no more music

niggas dont listen anyway
    test
  13. I.N.F.O.theking

^well maybe if you took the authority to have done this while he was alive instead of riding the "2pac/biggie" style bandwagon your opinoins might mean something
    test
  14. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

lol music is my MAJOR in college and im older than u fuck ur lil minor. theres a difference between playin drums and making drums for hip hop tracks u need to get that thru ur skull. theres a reason ur drums are trash.
    test
  15. [ Yung Truth ]

just like nobody peeps your beats anymore you fuckin has been

lmao

get the fuck off earth
    test
  16. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

lol not to mention his previous listen to this @ night post where he claimed he was the best composer on here then posted one of the worst beats ive ever heard.
    test
  17. I.N.F.O.theking

i expect the nerdy kid with the tie dyed t shirt to be mad...
    test
  18. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

test
  19. [ Yung Truth ]

whats the difference?

and what the fuck is MAKING drums?

i cant believe you even went to college..

whats the difference?

do the hiphop ones have to have BD_2 so all the thugs can make it sound good in their car?

you bitch ass niggas always wanna cry when somebody says hiphop isnt music but when we talking ya'll keep telling me how theres so much of a difference between playing music and instruments and shit....and making fuckin hiphop

whats the fuckin difference then?

why does jay-z do almost every show with the Roots or a live band now?..and like every other rapper tryna do it

have u ever been to a fuckin studio that doesnt have the mic in the same room as the mixing board nigga?
    test
  20. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Yung Truth from your arguements you can say he is the best "beatmaker" of all time because that is your opinion. and no one can argue that. but to be the best "PRODUCER" of all time it has nothing to do with how many instruments you play or all of that nonsense. in todays world its about consistent hits. jdilla had loyal fans but he wasnt on top with the hits. point blank.. he could have produced your PERSONAL favorite songs but that dont mean shit. tis about them charts and record sales in this industry.

if i say the greatest producer it would have to be DRE, now he aint my favorite beatmaker but the nigga been pumpin out chart topping hits since late 80's/early 90's, and 16 years later still consistent with hits. he took a corny white boy and turned him into a fucking hiphop icon, thats a fucking producer. Same with game, same with 50. jaydee hasnt done that. only thing you can say is "slum village" and random tracks hear and there.

he is no where near the greatest producers if you ask me. i dont even like alot of the overall tracks he produced. yea he made hot beats but thats where it stops if you ask me.

thats like saying he is better than quincy jones cuz quincy didnt play all of the instruments you heard in the music he produced. see how stupid that sounds?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.