This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorSnatchFace

SenorSnatchFace New Member

tables*

if you want to get all sammy smart guy on it
    test
  2. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

dilla's drum programing abillity is the aspect of his drums that is untouchable......not in the timbo sense of crazy patterns, but the way he put everything together, especially his rhythm......nothing compares to it.....listen to ?uestlove talk about his use of drums.......I can't say dilla was the greatest cause no one is......but he could do things with a sample, that I don't think anyone will ever have the mind, or creativity to do again.....dilla was putting out some of the best music ever when he was like in his late teens or early 20's......and those producers who said dilla was their favorite, don't think they are better than him.......they realize what he has done.......and to the cat who mentioned the detroit sound........respect for identifying and admiring what we have poppin over here.......I can't say he's best of all time, but I won't argue with someone if they say that.....
    test
  4. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

if players is the song im thinkin of its a dead loop
    test
  5. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

"Players" is based on The Singers Unlimited's "Clair" its not a dead loop at all if you listened to the original, its a hell of a manipulation of a sample and it doesnt ever say the word "Players" in it.
    test
  6. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

ok the one i was thinking of was a real odd sample that sounded really nintendoish
    test
  7. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Honestly, I am not into Dilla. Like I heard his shit but I never gotta chance to sit down and study his music. But from what I've heard, his shit is sick. I wouldn't say he's GOAT tho, I would say a pioneer yes.

Now I am a big fan of Run DMC, NWA, Warren G. Those dudes are dope to me, but are they the best ever? Definitely not. But has their music influenced others to be better. Absolutely, and that is why they are held up so high in many artists points of view.

They believe they are dope and or they were really into their music to the point that they kind of took from them or were influenced by them to be better and or even better than them. So no matter what Kanye, Pharrell or whoever says about Dilla, even tho he may not be the best, he's the one that triggered some of the best to be the best, and that right there shows u how their music contributes and what their significance is in the music industry.

RIP Dilla
    test
  8. SenorSnatchFace

raise it up? That one is a straight loop of one of the Daft Punk guys stuff, I forgot his name tho

they made him do a remix instead of suing him
    test
  9. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

didn't even know this thread was goin on..DILLA DAWG

man this cat and hi-tek been my fav. producers...dilla since 95...tek since 97....

Dilla had a style that i just gravitated to...on the mic and on the beats...his flow changed the way i emcee to this day...

and don't let me get started wit the beats lol...the joints he did on Beats, Rhymes, And Life..and The Love Movement were classic fam...he made classic hits for Pharcyde, Busta Rhymes, De La Soul, even Janet Jackson son...

i mean..i don't think i ever heard anybody manipulate a sample like he did, then add so much more to it...and his drums, oh man...his drum game was the GOAT...period, there should be no debate at all...

what made dilla so unique was he could take ANY record out the stack, and make it a hit...and he could do so many different joints man..the ass shakers, the mellow shit, the somber joints, happy joints, introspective joints..he could do it all

i just marvel at his ability to this day...i try my best to incorporate all my fav. producer's styles into my beats, but moreso dilla...

R.I.P. fam..."one of the reasons i love hip hop just died"
    test
  10. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

test
  11. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

raise it up was the one i was thinkin of.
    test
  12. SenorSnatchFace

Thomas Bangalter - Extra Dry I think was the name of the og sample
    test
  13. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

oh and i was readin some replies...remeber...dilla was not just a producer...he was a threat in all aspects....Engineering, Djing, Emceeing, Writing, Composing...

in all most all his projects and other's projects he played a main role in it..i.e. D'Angelo's Voodoo and Erykah Badu's Mama's Gun

He didn't produce every track on these albums..but he was in the studio with them engineering, tellin them how to say somethin, ect, ect....

take that into consideration when you talk about GOATs

i mean...in my book, he is the GOAT producer wise...we can debate this all day...but it won't matter

pay respects and bump the music
    test
  14. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

lol@ everyone arguing for him trying to throw in little extras to solidify their arguement even tho it doesnt have shit to do with anything. the dude isnt the GOAT producer nor are his drums the best.
    test
  15. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

I producer is not judged by how many instruments he can play but by his visions, ideas and creativity.....Dont get me wrong Dilla is dope,wen I ws a kid b4 I got into dis beat shit I was listen to slum and ddnt know he did dat ish. Madlib will knock u out dont sleep on the nigga.
    test
  16. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

NNah, I feel you man. When I made that statment i wasn't referring to you. I was refferin to pretty much all the people that tend to throw his name up to show how "hip hop" they are... No disrespect to you in the least.

---DTown
    test
  17. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

I stopped readin after that...

---DTown
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

dilla was good....

but he wasnt no goat..

but he def was good...

dudes are riding the dilla thing a little too much.....
    test
  19. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

lol. see. this kinda talk makes me question a lot of stuff about this board. name five producers with better drums than him? name five producers better at manipulating samples? name five producers with his range? i know they don't call people great until they die. but...the proof is in the pudding. he's the original hi-tek.
    test
  20. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

seriously. just go down the line in categories you would use to determine who's the best at what they do.

Drums, Sample Chopping/Manipulation, Moods, Classics, Range, ALBUMS, that nigga got more than a couple classics under his belt. LOL.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.