This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

wtf....that shit is wack

you think because you have claps and shit panned everywhere that your drums are dope?...

stop it dude.

and whats up with everybody these days talking about "So and So MUSIC GROUP"

bitch u know nobody else aint fuckin wit u...u makin that wack shit all by yourself, so where the fuck does "group" come in at?
    test
  2. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

whi really gives a fuck about drums, music is music, u have a kick,snare,hi-hat in every song rather its hip hop to rave music to rock music to everything, i cant believe yall aint got nothing better to do wit yall time but come on to a internet site and argue about who's drums are better hahahah, nigga if that aint lame statues i dont know what is

and i liked the dskillz song, liked how the shit was spread out

but some people may think that dj tomp is the best producer that ever touched a mpc, but some may think that cool and dre is the best then some may think that dj quick or dj watts(or who ever was doin the mike jones shit) is the best, everybody has there own say so, like some people may think 50 cent is the hottest rapper, some people may think goerge w bush is the best president

but i really cant bievle yall sat and argued about who has the best drums hahahah if that aint lame
    test
  3. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

"its just one of those days...dont take it personal...i just wanna be alll alone..and u think im treating u wrong...dont take it personalllll"

U MAD

lol
    test
  4. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Seriously nobody really gives dilla the credit he deserves...nobody could really freak samples on the level he did, listen to shit like "Players" or "2U 4U" on Fantastic Volume 2. That nigga was on a whole different level of understanding sample usage. I know some of yall will come and talk about a DJ Shadow or DaVinci but lets be real those cat's shit dont have that soul to it. Dilla was masterful on the drums the samples and damn who was really fuckin with his bass lines? I wont call him the greatest of all time, but if I gotta listen to anyones shit all day, I definitely wont pick Timbo over Dilla.
    test
  5. SenorSnatchFace

SenorSnatchFace New Member

Yeah please don't take my angry comments as a blanket to the "entire" community... but there are a ton of bullshit producers on here who try to critique Dilla's work not from a fans point of view, which I can completely respect and understand, but rather from the perspective of a fellow "producer". This I cant accept because all of the talk about opinion this, opinion that, etc you would be hard pressed to find any producer on here who has better drums that Dilla. Nobody on this board is fucking with him, and if you think you are you should check your ego. That's what got me ticked off, people trying to cut down his work from a technical point of view as opposed to the vantage point of the listener. Not all his shit was chopped up breaks, he could kill it on several diff styles/kits but he chose the one which he felt complimented and accentuated his work.

As far as whitey playing hotshot if I have one more white kid email me/myspace msg me in a long tshirt and sideways hat asking me to supply that "propane piff" for his new mixtape titled "Hustle Game Up Entertainment" which is a subsidiary of "Get Down or Lay Down Records" I am gonna fucking scream. Dont get me wrong I'm white and I dont have white guilt, but I really hate to see white kids in some lackadaisical effort to embrace black culture try and embody so many of the negative stereotypes associated with it. Being the "street hustler/promiscuous high roller/unpredictably violent yet calm and witty fake alpha male type"
    test
  6. SenorSnatchFace

LOLOLOLOL

Do you have a business license for your "music group"? Or was he sitting at his moms crib thinking "Wow music group sure does sound professional! I'm gonna go with that one!"

Step your business game up, start an ent. company and SIGN YOURSELF as per Luda's instructions

it cost $1,000 so looks like all you stank ass producers are gonna have to hold out on that avirex jacket you put on layaway at burlington coat factory
    test
  7. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

dilla and hi-tek is my favs...

and its almost impossible to really argue.. peoples opinion gonna clash all teh times.. so why not agree to disagree..
    test
  8. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

lmao @ the pharrell incident..
    but didnt J-Swift do "Passin Me By", not Dilla?
    test
  9. Dskillz

WTF is you talking about...either of you.

Yall sound real bitter...not to mention stupid...lol

Mosley Music Groups is.....you figure it out..

dumb and dumber.
    test
  10. SenorSnatchFace

I asked a question. Did you buy a business license? Or are you fronting? Because if you don't own one, the would constitute as "fronting"

Just a simple question, but if I had to put my guess on anything, I am gonna go with an emphatic "No Senorsnatchface I don't have one."

Mosley music group is... I figured it out. A made up name to put on your soundclick site so you can hike up beat prices from $50 to $75!

mAkIn MoVeS DaWg
    test
  11. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

test
  12. Dskillz

Pause. Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right A B Start Select.

Ok, no one is saying Dilla was whack...no one said he wasnt true to the game.

ITs just said he "Currently" isnt the best "producer" ever... and probally wont EVER be.

And just becuase he is inspirational to "our" favorite producers..doesnt mean they ARENT better than him... its hard for pharrel to say "im better than..."...but its very easy for Pharrel fans to agree...as well as timbo and kanye... none of those guys are gonna trump hip hop pioneers...Thats what Dilla was a pioneer.

but honestly...theres more OTHER producers on playlists and banging in cars..then dilla..regularly.

And by alot of yalls logic..Dillas inspiration/favorite producer/god would be BETTEr than him and currently be the best producer ever...meaning... he himself cant be the best...

So dead that.
    test
  13. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Dilla did a hot remix of runnin, not the original
    test
  14. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

test
  15. Dskillz

http://www.mosleymusicgroup.net/

Feel Free To One Yourself Any Moment Now.
    test
  16. SenorSnatchFace

Yes, there are fakes in every color. But when you're part of a culture that was predominantly created by, and frequented by one specific race, yes, it does matter. Especially when there are specific negative social stigmas that are perpetrated throughout popular media, which for many of the "fakes" is the only interaction they get with "black folks". So there you go
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

test
  18. SenorSnatchFace

Ohhhh so it's a real company, ok then.

Now I get it! It's a new and inventive way that soundclick producers liken a certain beat to a much more talented producers style in an attempt to sell said track!

BaNgIn DrE TrAcK W3sT CoAsT ViBe

Mosley music group mix.... how clever!
    test
  19. Dskillz

Much Better... Imma let my brother give you 4 stars...no 5 stars...

tomorrow we will work on our multiplication table, ok ?
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

sorry... i had a good laugh off of this
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.