This is why J dilla is the greatest producer ever

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by [ Yung Truth ], Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

http://www.myspace.com/jdilla

"Fuck the police"

and probably one of the best lyricists ever too...

that whole slum village style of spitting...J dilla created that whole sound...that whole Detroit sound.

and every instrument you hear in this beat is probably being actually played live by dilla...the bass...all that....this nigga aint just loading up drums on his mpc...hes playing them live....he's not just loading up a trumpet or a bass guitar sound on the triton....

like seriously....every producer should have the upmost respect for dilla...

the nigga taught himself how to play mad instruments..

madlib too
    test
  2. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

Ottis Jackson Jr. is also ill...

But yeah, Dilla was ill... although because of his death, I feel like some niggas are bandwagonin the kid even though they never knew WHO the fuck he was... Its startin to feel i like "RIP Dilla" is somethin to say that sorta makes you feel like you know hip hop...

Just my opinion, but the cat is def ill...

---DTown
    test
  3. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

^^i feel u its like its love to hip hop but if u never fucked wit dude when he was alive why fake,

u never the greatest till u die, dude was aight, i mean i hate that he dyed but it happens just cause he died dont make him the greatest, and it dont sound like them drums was played live, i remember they had a old interview in scratch and he said that he used a mpc
    , he mostly sampled but he used the mp, did hear to much bout him playing his own shit but doe to the fact that he was wit slum village its no tellin

didnt like the fuck the police track but i did like the baby track
    test
  4. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

dillas good not the best, lol i was just clownin this baby beat when i heard it on the radio i didnt know dilla made it. madlib is pretty weak tho.
    test
  5. [ Yung Truth ]

WHAT??!!?!?!?

nigga ive BEEN up on dilla lmao

this fuck the police shit im showing yall is 2 years old......
    test
  6. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever?
    test
  7. [ Yung Truth ]

if dilla isnt the best producer ever, who is?....

if you say timbaland or some shit im gonna fuckin spaz.

he plays the most instruments of any producer...

he has the BEST chopping skills.....there isnt one producer that can chop better than dilla...the nigga usta have joints that he made by chopping up like 5 or 6 different SONGS....

whoever u think is the best producer ever.....dilla is probably one of their influences.....

lmao
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^I think there is a difference between who is the best producer ever and the best musician of the hip hop producers......
    test
  9. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

I dont see the best..nor one of the best...

we can try again though.

if you are Woo'd by instrument players... Id go with The Neptunes... i doubt dilla was messin with them and the scales they can play...they did rock and jazz...

And best chopper ? id have to give that to timbo... timbo sample so much, most cats think he composing...he think he slick...and he isnt better than premeire at that..and i dont even feel premeire like that

Drum wise... dre, kanye, just blaze defintely...

Song wise... Dre, Timbo, Pharrel...Dark Child...etc

I mean...
    test
  10. [ Yung Truth ]

wtf.....

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you kids are so fuckin stupid man

THATS THE WHOLE POINT

other producer PAY people to do what theyre good at...

the "best" producers today have teams of musicians and other producers

whenever u hear a piano, organ, keyboard, WHATEVER...on a kanye beat.....

JOHN LEGEND PLAYED THAT...a violin? Miri Ben Ari played that....but kanye is a dope producer?

other producers hire drummers to come in and play live drums...

other producers hire niggas to come in and play an electric guitar on a track...

J dilla doing all of that himself has nothing to do with being one of the greatest producers?...LMAOOOOOO WTF

that just goes to show how producers these days not only dont HAVE to be musicians.....but they're rarely even EXPECTED to be lmao......

and then one a producer is a great musician....niggas is like "ehhh"

J dilla is the greatest producer....ever.
    test
  11. [ Yung Truth ]

test
  12. Dskillz

test
  13. [ Yung Truth ]

you listed 3 guys whose drums are supposedly better than dillas...

and it just so happens that one of them said dillas drums can NEVER be topped?...

yea...youre right. that doesnt prove anything
    test
  14. Dskillz

Yeah..so whats your point now ?

..what you are saying is...kanyes humble opinion becomes rule of thumb...

I dont beleive his statement..and theres no sure way of validating it...

He said bush didnt care about black people too...but bush has black friends...

Long and Short....

J dilla STILL doesnt have the best drums....by popular opinion, thats for sure...

and defintely not by my own means of taste. ..

I dont think no one knew dilla or his drums like that before he died...

You talking about Drums...Timbo and Dre would come up first...atleast with people i know...

maybe its different in bama.
    test
  15. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Kids... I prob older than you...

2nd.... If you knew about production you would know that all commercial music genre have producers... and in most genres the producer dont even do what hip hop & R&B producers do.... Rock groups have music producers however they do not play a note.... So do some reading before you tell me what a producer does....

"music producer has many roles, among them controlling the recording sessions, coaching and guiding the performers, and supervising the recording, mixing and mastering processes. This has been a major function of producers since the inception of sound recording"

"Within the first half of the 20th century, the record producer's role was comparable to that of a film producer, in that the record producer organised and supervised recording sessions, paid technicians, musicians and arrangers, and sometimes chose material for the artist."

"electronic music (not to be confused with "electronica" music, but any music created using electronic equipment, which can include rap and r&b, as well as the many different categories of dance music and new age), the producer is often the only person involved in the creation of a musical recording"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_producer

So as the saying goes.... "Know your history so you wont say dumb comments"

So because he can play does not make him a good producer... it only makes him a good musician. However if it comes out and people like the arrangement of the song... it makes him a good producer....
    test
  16. [ Yung Truth ]

wow

you are stupid as FUCK
    test
  17. Dskillz

See, the kid comes out of you... you one'd yourself..now you wanna throw rocks.

lol
    test
  18. [ Yung Truth ]

roflmao

do you think i give a fuck what the definition of a "producer" is?

OBVIOUSLY J DILLA DOESNT DO COMMERCIAL MUSIC.....OBVIOUSLY ok?..thats obvious...can you say obvious? we're gonna consider that obvious.

and secondly....theres absolutely NO WAY to declare a "best producer" just judging by how much people like the producers music...know why?

because different people are gonna have different opinions.....

somebody could think that eminem is the best producer ever....cuz he DOES make a few good beats...but mad people are gonna say "NOOO..EMINEM ISNT THE BEST PRODUCER EVER! WTF!"

but if we're judging that just based off how much you LIKE the fucking "arrangement" or "beat" or what the FUCK EVER....how can u tell them that em isnt the best producer ever?

you cant....but its pretty "OBVIOUS" that eminem doesn't deserve to be called the best producer ever.....and neither does any other producer that hasn't done anything extraordinary with their music...

timbaland is great...but he is not the best producer ever

the neptunes are dope....but umm, they are not the best producers ever....im sorry for all of you kids on here that bite them

J dilla picked up almost every instrument u can imagine and taught himself to play it.....

i dont see why he doesnt deserve to be called the greatest producer ever.

this kid is gonna post a fuckin definition of producer lmao

get that shit outa my face bitch
    test
  19. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

kanye also said he loves eminems drums so i wouldnt go too far with that one. its obvious u dont know shit about producing so theres no use arguing. dillas drums are good they arent touchin timbos tho.
    test
  20. [ Yung Truth ]

ok ummmmm "nova"...eat a dick. shut up. 1

but yo...

dilla is the greatest producer ever
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.