This is what Fedor thinks of your favorite fighter.

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by BeEgEe, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

the difference is mirko can kick lol.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Boxing is not gay lol...that is an extremely tough sport.

I love boxing I was a boxing fan and still am a boxing fan the only reason I couldnt be a boxer is because you have to start extremely young to build your defensive reflexes and punching combos and timing...most people who say boxing is gay are either wrestlers or people who cannot last in a boxing match they need to grab to win.

Boxing is badass

Pure jiu jitsu is bad ass as well.

The only thing I cannot stand about MMA is LAY and Pray guys who win like that suck.
    test
  3. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

dok I disagree with you 100%..... 110% :)
    test
  4. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

and once again QJ has already said he would never step into a ring vs fedor.
    test
  5. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

so QJ is a pussy. Great.... that cuts my list of mma fighters i like down to zero now.
    test
  6. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

you should give the sport more of a chance squirrel neck

youll realize just how tough fedor really is....and just because a dude beat a dude 3 years ago (jackson def randleman) doesnt really mean much today

you wouldnt like arona or babalu or many sub gr•••••rs

you should watch wanderlei silva, shogun rua, cro cop , mark hunt, liddell, franklin etc guys who like to throw leather

and i dont agree with you about the condition aspect of boxing being tougher..... try wrestling and punching and kicking for 5 minutes at a time.....hell try it for 10 mins (which is a pride 1st rd time span)

mma fighters are on the whole in much better shape....you have some freak shows like zulu but even look at arona......have you ever seen a 205 lb guy look this big before?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  7. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

test
  8. Ed E Brock

dont act like they throw punches/kick/etc for 5 minutes at a time... if they did, I'd give them the edge over boxing.

But 80% of the time they're laying on each other, missionary style. Looking as if they're resting. The ref'll stand'em up... and it'll be a couple missed punches and hugging before they're making love again.

That's why the welters are more exciting there.

and yes, one out of every 50 fights might be fun to watch, but most arent. Most you want them to fight but they're both so scared of each other that they'd rather just hang on and wait for the perfect opportunity.

Have I ever seen a 205lb'er look that big?...

How about a 170lb'er?
    [​IMG]
    ? Maybe?

[​IMG]

I know, you could take that guy yourself... but still...

But boxing is more exciting than mma to most people. Just as... if you're out and about and see a fight, you want to see people getting wailed on... punches to the face. You dont want two guys rolling on the floor giving hickies and whatever else they do down there. That's boring.
    I want to see eyes swelled shut, cuts on the face, etc... and i want to see it often. I dont want two tired guys rolling till one finally makes the other tap out due to a submission move.

I never found highschool/college wrestling interesting either. Different strokes - different folks.

I wont say there are NO exciting fights in mma. I'm sure there are some... but probably far less as many from heavies. And find me an exciting fedor fight for christ's sake... because I'm yet to see one.
    test
  9. Ed E Brock

oh - and i dont get to see pride much.

Mostly only UFC... my girl finds it entertaining actually lol... but UFC is fucking horrible.
    test
  10. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

That guy must be short as fuck.
    test
  11. Ed E Brock

5'9.

add 2 inches and 5lbs and he's got the perfect build.

unless you're talking about the 205'er
    test
  12. Oddwirdz

Oddwirdz New Member

i think his younger brother is a better fighter
    test
  13. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

dok this is where i feel you are missin out.

watch PRIDE.
    PRIDE takes place in a ring.

I would say in the majority of the fights, people trade punches and kicks for a 10min 1st round 5 min sec round and 5 min 3rd round.

20 mins with just 2 bells inbetween them.

the sport is sick.

there are 11 ways to end a fight with out a KO.

say all you want about boxing.

there tons of boxing in mma.
    you just have to be educated to the right fighters to watch.

but boxing cant compare to a man making another man tap out of the fight

there a sport to it.

takes a while to learn
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I train in MMA and most guys who keep comparing saying MMA is better then boxing is because they themselfs cannot box! they only started watching fight sports when ufc got big and saw wrestlers on their who were like themselfs....I never liked wrestling I only like BJJ and boxing...I first start martial arts with judo at age 7 and then took boxing and now I got back and been training mma for a good 9-10 months.

I have an excellent sprawl but just being a wrestler aint good enough....

Boxing is still my favorite sport to watch

UFC is boring! watch pride and you will change your mind man.

PRIDE is way better to me it has honor and the audience is respectful they respect the sport in japan...

at ufc you get a bunch of redneck moronic white supremist in the audience...kinda like this cat WYTEBOI thats how the fans are....all they scream of his size....thats why the lightweights was eliminated from the UFC but now dana is trying to bring it back...the lightweights was the best division to watch in the ufc but american trailer trash are obsessed with size.
    test
  15. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

oh ya I dont think MMA will ever be as big as boxing...UFC is big like how limp bizkit was for a while and then it will die down..

I have been contemplating continuing fighting in mma but to me its a waste I still train but the pay is bullshit its peanuts ....look how they pay their fighters in ufc 1 thousand bucks? and then they split that 1 thousand 6 ways!

what a rip you have to have a fall back plan in mma...only a few guys get payed in the 100 thousands and that is a few.

boxing they get paid mega millions and they have a chance to fight the best unlike mma you can only fight the guys in your organizations lame.

Thats the down fall of mma.

the pay is shit and the fans in america are usually meatheads...

They boo shit here which I cannot stand a bunch of wanna be tough guys in the audience.

And average boxer can get 20 gs thats the same amount a guy like rich franklin gets per fight and he is a supposed star.
    test
  16. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

wyteboi knoes his shit
    test
  17. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

lol @ franklins pay scale....bitch thats the contract he signed....thats life

he will make much more now...... and the pay will go up tremendously in coming events and years

you can say i dont know shit or cry about whatever.....i follow the sport i know what im talking about.....nothing wrong with boxing its an admirable sport for guys willing to put on 14 or 16 oz gloves and throw punches, its great (zzzzzzzzzz)

jeff lacy is short and he is all upper body.....would he kick my ass in a FIST fight? yup likely......

hes also 5'9

arona is 6'1 205 ....im taking an average mma body and comparing him to the best body in boxing or close to

dude please

get real

boxing is weak son

there isnt a 170 lber lacy could beat in ufc or pride
    test
  18. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

word. Pride is a lot better than the UFC.

I like the UFC, but Pride takes the best from every country.. there's a huge difference in the fights. pride has much better fighters.

boxing is fun to watch, i will admit, however, i like mma more because of the multitude of ways to win the fights. boxing has just been sanctioned and more popular for longer period of time.

"mma" at a competitive sport hasn't really been in the public eye very long as a whole. but yeah, peep pride.. much better.
    test
  19. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

that dude looks great for 170.

i've seen some pics of some guys who trained to about 180 and look like 230pounder.

i mean can you honestly tell that crocop weighs 230.. I mean, looks can be deceiving.
    test
  20. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

fedor is best
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.