this is the s-ittiest i've seen the Hip Hop Central in a while

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Twamp, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

spammers, corny ass threads about Future, rhyme schemes, what the FUCK, guise?!

where the mods at?

RIP HHC
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

It's sad cuz this used to be my place.....but I've kind of stopped posting new music here because people just ignore the threads and only post in one thread where someone's having some stupid argument.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Whatchutalkingabout? Niggas been arguing the new MMLP2/Eminem lately.
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

that reminds me, imma listen to it now. good shit
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

My problem mainly is people don't know how to be fans of music. They are fans of the exact subset of music THEY like and don't want to have discussion about anything else. This leads to most threads being "I don't like the same era/artist/style you like fuck off" and not an actual discussion of music.

What happened to niggas just not likin emcees? I'm sad to say, I went back and listened to my old Kweli stuff and I'm not a fan. But just because I don't really like his flow I don't discredit him constantly. Niggas just REFUSE to say "Rapper A just isn't my thing" and actually say why.

Also, on the other side, people overhype who they DO like to fuckin death. There are cats on here that if you don't a certain artist, they'll act like you slaughtered their whole family or some shit.

TL: DR - niggas are stupid
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

They do that, and you don't like that.

So... you.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You know better than that. Or rather, you should.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

Idk really but from what I saw, dudes really tell you why they don't like Drake. It's not like they just say "that nigga sucks" and beat it, they give reasons.

And I say Drake because it's the only rapper I see you discuss over.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

If you've seen *anyone* give ONE legit reason for not liking Drake it would be in a different thread than I've ever seen. Also, if you have ever seen anyone JUST say they don't like his music and that's it, that would be new to me as well.

Drake's just easy to defend because he's so obviously talented and so utterly hated on. I'm sure any number of artists would get and have gotten hated on unfairly, that if I saw I would have the same reaction.

The fact that niggas say J Cole is "wack" blows my fuckin brain away, for example. Niggas NEVER leave it at "I don't like this rapper", they make it sound like hip hop is worse off overall because they even exist, which is stupid.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'm so sick of all the Drake discussion. I don't dislike him, I dislike his fans and it spills over on to him.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  11. ThatsNotMyName

That's crazy Demi, how can somebody's fanbase affect how you think about that somebody?
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Is it? Because you can't mention not liking Drake without his fans coming out of the woodwork telling you that you have shit taste and that you're a virgin. Maybe I just think he's not interesting.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Incorrect. It depends on *what* you don't like. That's what I mean about MUSIC DISCUSSION, nobody wants to seem to have that. My problem is the Drake hate (and it's not just him but other artists as well) is that it's mostly just about his personality and not the music itself. Making generalities based on a nigga who loves his mom and feels emotions is a bad reason to not fuck with his music.

If niggas actually discussed the merits of peoples music I'd be fine with that.

You and I both know they don't, Demi.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Well I don't have a problem with him being emotional. I just don't find his music to be good. There it is.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well the obvious followups would be, what is your criteria for good music? How much of his music have you heard? What do you not like, flow, cadence, voice, beat choices? I'd be fine if you spelled that out.

Shit never even gets this far, tbh.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'll type up a longer response later when I'm actually sitting down at my computer, but the general gist of it is I haven't heard a whole lot but I do give his music a shot from time to time and nothing about it really jumps out at me. It's not good, it's not bad, it's sort of average.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I remember I posted a song a while back by these two doods that might put out the album of the year.

It got two replies.

At least back in the day people would come in to tell me how wrong I was.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Why must every discussion be derailed into a Drake drive-by back&forth? It's utterly irrelevant.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.. :(

Time to put some effort into this place.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

There are so many artists, several music genres, and millions of listeners who are going to like a different combination OF these artists....some the same, some completely different...but all for different reasons.

Get what I'm saying?

There is no (or at least shouldn't be) right or wrong in who we choose to like or why.

Our eyes may cross in confusion as to why some people like certain tracks or artists, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Why are people judged so harshly for their taste in music?

Better yet...why do some people JUDGE SO HARSHLY?

Who the fuck cares.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test