this is the end, should've been called this is the funniest f***ing film ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... ever made.

on par with pineapple express and superbad.

this shit was the funniest fucking movie i've seen, ever.

pineapple express had a better storyline, but this shit is just in a class of it's own.

:numaan:
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

some interesting and hilarious trivia.
    • Rihanna actually slapped Michael Cera's face harder by each take because she was getting tired of him grabbing her buttocks.

• Seth Rogen gave an interview where he described how the script by himself and Evan Goldberg combined real characteristics of the actors who then produced bizarre alt-version of themselves with elements that had absolutely nothing in common with the cast. Rogen cited Michael Cera's portrayal in the film - a drug-using, ass-grabbing, utterly obnoxious loudmouth - as funny because that character has nothing at all in common with how Cera behaves in real life.

• Seth Rogen stated in an interview that at one point during production every main cast member took him aside and told him that they couldn't do what he was asking him to because it was going too far and getting too extreme. James Franco was the only cast member that never turned anything down.

• Evan Goldberg created a game for himself during filming. The goal of the game was to get as many cast members as possible to say, "No I can't do that" or get them to refuse to do something. According to him, the only people he wasn't able to break were James Franco and Seth Rogen.

• Initially Michael Cera wasn't really slapping Rihanna's butt, but rather making the motion and stopping right before touching her. As a result, the scene wasn't working on camera because it looked too fake. Eventually Cera asked Rihanna if he could really slap her butt, she said yes but on the condition that she be allowed to really smack him across the face each time. Cera agreed.

• Most of the paintings that can be seen hanging in the background were actually painted by James Franco.

• According to Seth Rogen, the plot his character suggests in the movie when he is asked what Pineapple Express 2 would be about is actually his real life idea for a Pineapple Express sequel.

• According to Seth Rogen about 50% of the movie was ad libbed.

• According to Seth Rogen, Danny McBride was the person who made everyone laugh and break character the most. At one point, it took 18 takes and over an hour for the cast to get a joke on film because Mcbride's delivery kept making everyone laugh.
    if you haven't seen it, fucking watch it.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

it was pretty good and i definitely wanna watch it again. i loved the fact they were all supposedly playing "themselves" yet Michael Cera was doing the opposite.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hahah im glad someone else thinks pineapple express is fucking hilarious

i forgot about this one, will download it right meow
    test
  5. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Super Troopers reference hahaha
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

his cameo was my favourite.

i don't know anyone who doesn't find pineapple express funny.

test