This is the Eminem that I like...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Ignorant, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

punchline was always way out rapped by wordsworth....He never sounded like he was at the same level imo
    test
  2. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

wordsworth was always a beast
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, but the award for the latest debut of all time goes to Percee P... he's been in the game since the late '80s, rippin' the underground, teaching DITC (Big L, Lord Finesse, Show & AG, etc.) how to rhyme and garnering more acclaim throughout the '00s, but didn't drop his debut until '07 when he was 41.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Punchline was a weak link, no doubt... but I don't think he's bad, per se... he's just "bad" standing next to Words.

Like I used to consider Malik B. a weak link standing next to Tariq... but he's nice from time to time... and The Roots have gone down, imo, without him.

I don't understand how ?uest kicked him out for being addicted to coke, when Tariq smokes mad weed all the time... I know coke is more dangerous, but still... maybe there is more to the story?
    test
  5. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

big l lord finesse and all of d.i.t.c knew how to rhyme before percee p smh lmao !
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Wordsworth stood out more over time and has his unique style that sets him apart, but this track off Lyricist Lounge Vol. 1 was all about Punch's 1st verse, for me:

test
  7. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I think Punch complimented Words real well,,no weaker link to me, it's about balance..

N Tariq tells the story in "Water"...track from Phrenology
    test