This is an interesting one.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by dlbiininja, Jul 16, 2013.

1. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Men's Rights group puts up an opposing poster saying don't use make false rape claims as an act of revenge.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...est_reporting_rape_can_be_act_of_revenge.html

[​IMG]

EDMONTON—The authors of a controversial poster plastered around Edmonton that suggests reporting rape can be an act of revenge are speaking out.

Recently, the Edmonton police service started an advertising campaign called “Don’t Be That Guy,” which advises that sex without consent constitutes sexual assault.

A group called Men’s Rights Edmonton started their own campaign called “Don’t Be That Girl,” which suggests some women lie about being raped and that rape is overreported.

The poster depicts attractive young women drinking in the company of young men, and has the caption: “Just because you regret a one-night stand doesn’t mean it wasn’t consensual.”

The University of Alberta ordered the posters be taken down, saying that while free speech is respected the posters violated the school’s posting policies.

Men’s Rights Edmonton says the poster was meant to provoke discussion about false accusations and double standards.

“Nobody wants to see sexual assault happen, nobody wants to see rape happen, but we have to stop thinking of this as a gender problem,” says a member, who would only identify himself as Raz.

“What posters like ‘Don’t be that guy’ do is they essentially insert that if men are told not to rape, they rape, which is completely false.”

Raz says the group has gotten positive feedback about the posters.

“This is something that has negatively impacted my family and my life and nobody is talking about it,” says Raz.

“The presumption is out of the gate that you are probably guilty, and it’s because of this misinformation that our society has become saturated with.”

Karen Smith, executive director of the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton, says she was saddened by the posters.

“I’m really disappointed that these people would decide to not recognize that there’s a significant problem of sexual assault in our community,” Smith said.

The Edmonton police say their campaign was meant to encourage victims of sexual assault to come forward.

“To demean these crimes goes against that and to belittle them goes against that,” says acting Insp. Sean Armstrong.

Police say about one per cent of sexual assaults they investigate are found to have been fabricated.

http://globalnews.ca/video/711903/dont-be-that-girl
    test
  2. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

LMAO.

brilliant.
    test
  3. NBA1K

NBA1K Never Broke Again

lmaooooooooooooo
    test
  4. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

good fuck those hoes
    test
  5. Youngb352

Youngb352 Member

lmaoo!! smh lol
    test
  6. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

It's true... I've heard chicks be like "I'll scream rape!" off some dumb shit. There are some females who think it's ok to use it as leverage during an argument and the whole situation becomes watered down for the actual victims... Pretty sad, to be honest.
    test
  7. trilliam cakespeare

trilliam cakespeare Awful Poster, Ok Tag Mak...Awww, Fuck

SMH @ Canada having more balls than this great country.

All hail the maple leaf.
    test
  8. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Goood I fucking hate whores
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

This is great, seen it happen far too often.
    test
  10. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Kobe Bryant
    test
  11. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Albeit Kobe's situation may have had motives other than regret. $$$
    test
  12. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Yea, that shit with Kobe was definitely about money. Good thing they found out that she had multiple partners that day as well.
    test
  13. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot Well-Known Member

Women are on some other shit with that rape stuff man. They're on this whole "rape culture" shit sounded retarded sometimes

Trapatalk
    test
  14. Webz_Creationz

Webz_Creationz Shutin' Shit Down

In my experience, I'd say 98% of the rapes that have been reported while i was working are retaliatory in some nature, whether its regret, or because their boyfriends found out, and they needed to play up the rape card, or parents found out, and to save face the daughters allege rape, which in turn the parents force them to file a report.
    test
  15. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

That disgusts me beyond belief.
    test