This Is Amazing

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Apr 22, 2011.

?

Technology?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Robots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

I guess theyre saying the world will be dependent on the Moores Law (doubling computing and other techs) to such a point, where if the technology growth comes up short one year, it will insight panic.

It's an interesting theory that I cannot buy. If and when the law stops, I believe it will be something that can be seen from far away. Because they plan these new chips years ahead of actually manufacturing it. So you have to think that if Moores law were to stop happening, the people at IBM would probably see it coming at least 10 years ahead.
    But when you have the Cheif Technology Officer of IBM boldly claiming that human and computer intelligence will merge in 40 years
    I would say, strap in your belt!

My personal opinion is that the monetary system will disappear before Moore's law does. But lets not muddy things up here.

On many levels I dont believe our society will ever be dependent on the Moores law. We should ride it out as far as it takes us, but I think we are too smart as a species to rely and invest so much into uncertainty.
    test
  2. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I really wonder what computers for my kids will be like. Ten years ago most computers weren't as powerful as a smartphone in 2011. Shit's kinda scary.
    test
  3. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

yeah its TERRIFYING, nothing more scary than ... *shakes* HEIGHTENED PROCESSING POWER

aaaaghh!!!!!!!!

someone stop the crazy hardware developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill be having nightmares tonight
    test
  4. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

test
  5. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Well eventually it can get to a point where machines outsource people. The middle class by design is shrinking as a whole due to people overseas doing blue collar work as well as machines replacing people. Not saying those jobs are the best in the world but in a capitalistic society there always needs to be tiers of profession. Computers can take away the diversity of jobs available. While at the same time they do create more jobs... the imbalance will still be visible.
    Are you following me?
    test
  6. stadw0n306

stadw0n306 Well-Known Member

:funny:
    test
  7. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

no im too busy shitting myself at the thought of a 20ghz processor becoming commonplace
    test
  8. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

They say there's no such thing as science fiction anymore. If you can imagine it, it's already been done. Just the military has it. =/
    test
  9. reznick

reznick New Member

Whats even weirder, is that in a few decades, your projected life span will increase by TWO years, for every ONE year :-O

IMO we created an alternate world, 50 years after computers were operated with punchcards in warehouses. In theory that type of growth will be poo stains to the next 50 years

It may be a bootleg ass alternate world, but hey yall we gotta start somewhere. and call me old fashioned, but im enjoyin my netflix n youtube for the time bein! :D
    test
  10. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

well thats obviously a very stupid statement that is totally incorrect, well done
    test
  11. reznick

reznick New Member

k i need sleep

tomorrow....tomorrow
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

hey guys

now im lying in bed, using tapatalk

bye
    test
  13. reznick

reznick New Member

Yea, it will be interesting how it plays out with the job market.

But you have to think of it as a very slow process. The issue will rise slowly, and will be the topic of day to day discussion once outsourcing becomes a problem. It will not happen overnight, or in one year. It will happen throughout many years.

If that does happen, and it becomes a problem, they will probably just pass laws preventing the use of robots for specific jobs. And then again, this problem may not even materialize, but it gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.
    test
  14. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

if the monetary system collapses, moores law ends with it... thats the simplest logic you can ever apply.

step 1) break money system

step 2) people cant buy shit

step 3) people dont MAKE shit that people cant buy

derp.

back to techy talk.

EDIT: or maybe they make an android and iOS app to locate the nearest breadline or soup kitchen. :funny:
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

step 1: Make basic resource producing technology available to every human

step 2: once humans no longer worry about food on the table, they will be able to attain use all the new technologies, becoming more connected with everyone else in the world

step 3: inevitable open sourcing of newest techs

step 4: equality of power for everyone

step 5: monetary system, pointless

this is my own thinking. class system, and power cannot strive the way technology is growing.

Transparency is already beginning, with wikileaks, which is able to survive because of the internet. Any attempt to stop it from the government will result in immediate backlash.
    If Bush Sr was in office when Bin Laden was killed, how long do you think it would take you to find out that he wasn't armed?

But to keep it very simple, why do you think there is an upper class, and lower class? Better yet, why is there a middle class, and an upper class?

The upperclass people have a better grasp on using the world around them to bring in money. It could be 100,150,200 years. But when nano technology to the brain inevitably becomes affordable for every single human, then every person will understand the stock market just by transferring that information into your brain.

What implication would it have, if every single person knew exactly the in and outs of the stock market better than Warren Buffet does, today?
    I may not be smarter than Albert Einstein, but with a computer in front of me, I have access to more information about the theory of relativity than he ever thought of.

And if everyone shared the full ins and outs of the monetary system, then attaining money will no longer be an issue.

again this is just me thinking

maybe there will be a new way to measure productivity that will be more inducing to the betterment of everyone. Maybe some sort of point system of some sort. But not this monetary system, which I believe, will not last more than 300 years.

See you then! :)
    test
  16. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

This is all retarded statements....you say 'equality of power' like its gonna be a given lol same with 'basic resource producing tech' lmao

the Class system will INCREASE as technology grows....those can aafford fake lungs and those that cant, those can afford to genetically enhance their kids and those that cant......

Technology is not linked to maturity....we can al the tech in the world but if we are immature we will be exactly how we are....

And as we have seen.....Technology and Psychological growth are NOT related to each other....as our technology grows our psychological prolems becomes worse, this wont end just coz we create a super robot....how will that super robot make you smarter or more psychologically sound???

Singularity is dumb.....they relate intelligence and technology when thats a mistake.....

We are one incident from being barbaric again, we are not psychologically civilized and again, technology wont make us so, only education.....

NOw here's my main problem with these Singularity trans-humanist pieces of shit....they dont think the human is very good as he is, they think emotion is bad and that living on a chip is ideal, they want to create a new race to replace us which to me is the epitome of self hatred.....

I dont want this current human form extinct...I want it to progress naturally not artificially.....trans-humanists want nothing more than a Borg like 'Collective' with everyone 'uniform'....what they dont tell you is that THEY are the ones that want to control it, run the systems everyone lives on....

Imagine you download yourself to a cyberworld where some technogeek has God like powers over you.....fuck that!!!!

But about Intel and this 3d tech....game changer....in the sense you Iphone will be able to do more shit while staying the same size....

PEACE
    test
  17. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

So Rez what if someone has a super brain from nanotech and their super brain says the world cant support everyone and the best thing to do, the most intelligent is to kill 99% of the population off!?!?!

What then??

What if thats the smartest most appropriate thing for continuation....would you accept it?? Would you say thats progress and everything you hoped for??

Your assuming this tech and being 'smarter' means we will end up being 'good'....

The problem is often times being 'good' and doing 'good' means doing something dumb in terms of your own interest.....

For what reason would a super human give powers to people starving in the desert?? out of righteousness?? then your assuming righteousness has a solid foundation in intellectualism, does it?? Nietzsche might disagree with you....

PEACE
    test
  18. Eyerate

i had to stop reading at "basic resource PRODUCING tech". then i started reading again and couldnt get past "equality of power for everyone".

this is NOT a diss. just an educated observation. reznick is the typical college kid who reads all this fantastic shit on the internet but has zero real world experience with.. well.. anything really. you have the bleeding heart that every early 20s kid should with a little less common sense. thats probably due in part to sourcing all this singularity shit and unintentionally brainwashing yourself.

soon you'll go out into the world and a few years later you'll look back at yourself and think "wow.. i was really not smart." it happens to every one of you.
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

[​IMG]

Kay now ill read your posts 1 sec
    test
  20. Eyerate

also, i think sifu making the decision to go sober for his fam has GREATLY increased his intelligence, or at least increased his comprehension and critical thinking ability 10 fold.

this is a particularly deft post:
    technology is making humans lazy stupid fucks. it will be our downfall, not our crowning achievement.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.