This Is Amazing

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Apr 22, 2011.

?

Technology?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Robots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

I just find it real interesting that all of us get different results for the same google search

They are different for all of us, because our likes and dislikes, and interest are being tracked. So that the information you are requesting will be tailored towards your views. Some people are starting to have a problem with this because it's blocking information from them that they want to see.

For instance, if your a liberal, but like to see both conservative and liberal sides to all stories, you will actually get the liberal side of the story more often than not.
    test
  2. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

wiki
    protest
    c.i.a

interesting
    test
  3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

rollercoasters
    cornbread
    anal beads

wtf???
    test
  4. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

test
  5. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

wiki
    protest
    cia
    test
  6. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

loaded lux
    murda mook
    tie between jae millz & party arty
    test
  7. KNoXvillE

KNoXvillE Str8 MAjor LeAf FuNKy!

Hookahs
    Hookers
    Rugs
    test
  8. winsor else

winsor else New Member

wiki
    ancient egypt
    egypt.org.au
    test
  9. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  10. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

i mean.. neat.. but not groundbreaking. they want to log DNA from anyone with a security license in IL.. they're out of their fucking mind :funny:
    test
  11. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

This has been done for a while.
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

Im just amazed that most prisoners requesting DNA test are having problems, despite the fact that they used it for a kid who stole a bike.

As for Illinois requesting that, very very interesting. I hope you know that banking of our DNA is inevitable, but this soon? wow
    test
  13. Eyerate

theyre not asking for a statewide bank, just those of us who carry security/detective/guard licenses. we already have to file all of our info with the state and be photographed and hand scanned. it wont come to pass.. wayyyyy strong opposition.
    test
  14. Eyerate

i pretty much agree that you should probably make a single "singularity/tech" thread and just run the course of convo in there. it would be a better look.

it seems you're becoming very one dimensional lately. as every thread you make somehow leads back to a singularity hub article...
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

Looool

Too fuckin true.

My mentality towards bringing it up a lot, is that people are not as talkative about the subject, or as impassioned about discussing it than I hope they would be. But that's like expecting everyone to share my interests. I guess I just want more people to discuss new technologies and I may be getting my wish soon with the quick growth, but yea, point taken!

I'd rather talk about feces and wonka's dick than not have a voice at all!
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

Intel announces first 3D Transistor

Cliffs:

“The performance gains and power savings of Intel’s unique 3-D Tri-Gate transistors are like nothing we’ve seen before. This milestone is going further than simply keeping up with Moore’s Law. The low-voltage and low-power benefits far exceed what we typically see from one process generation to the next. It will give product designers the flexibility to make current devices smarter and wholly new ones possible. We believe this breakthrough will extend Intel’s lead even further over the rest of the semiconductor industry.” – Mark Bohr, Intel Senior Fellow

The thing is almost half the size of a human red blood cell. And when it cannot go any smaller, boom, just use newer tech to make it work.

Why you should care: Computing is still doubling. Doubling. And another obstacle regarding size is becoming less and less relevant

[youtube]D3dKbq5AXz8[/youtube]

When will Moore's law lose?
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

Sry tech thread coming tomorrow

too tired tonight to make it

the law won....
    test
  18. Eyerate

my work is done here
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

I know by now I sound like an ol cookoo, but guys.....doubling?

A midevil king a long time ago hired a highly skilled mathmatician to create a game for him. The man creates a chess board. When the king asked him what the cost was, the mathematician said "Well, since your the king, you can just pay me one grain of wheat for the first square on the gameboard, and for each following square, you will double the amount of grain from the space before." The king soon found out, that there was literally not enough grain of wheat in the entire planet to satisfy the request, and they laughed it off.

Computer capabilities have been doubling every year since they started.

If theres not enough wheat in the world to cover a chessboard which doubles in the same exact fashion.....then wtf guys?

What is our world going to be like in 40, 80, 100 years?

We are in the midst of the greatest transition in human history!!! Do you see it?

Houses with fireplaces AND iPads?! I mean....what a weird time period we are in.
    test
  20. seansss

seansss Bath Salt Heaven

yo rez

i caught this program on science channel towards the end where they were talking about the same law

they were sayin if and when the doubling thing ain't possible anymore..it will devastate the worldwide economy

i ain't really get what they meant by that..do you know the fuck they mean
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.