This Is Amazing

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Apr 22, 2011.

?

Technology?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Robots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

Fair enough. Technically, finite. At first I thought by "finite", you meant a static and un-expanding but extremely large universe that one day we could see the edge of. But yeah, it's finite at any given fraction of a second, but the expansion is infinite and exponential.

I'm right along your thinking though. I'm not one to ever doubt the ability of humans or the progress we're capable of making and the scope of achieving the unachievable because frankly, our progress is almost quite as amazing as the Universe's. If our intelligence and technology keeps growing exponentially, I don't doubt that we'll one day make trips to the very limit. But out of anything that we'll ever try to attempt, this has to be the most difficult because we're going against nature. So unlike most goals that stay as they are, this keeps going more out of reach every second. In raw theory, it's exponential growth (human capabilities) vs. exponential growth (magnitude of universe). The problem for us is there's way too many variables. You can already see people complaining about "immortality would suck". I think there are many people like that. There will likely be a lot of backlash as we become more technologically-inclined. That's another battle for the science community. If we were all on the same page, pursuing things like this would be considerably easier. While we fight among ourselves, the universe keeps expanding lol.
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

Cheers to that post

My personal theory, is that this path of biological growth intertwined with technological growth, follows such a perfect path, it is strange. And it gives me the belief that as technology grows, it will not bring the end of the world. I feel that not only is it more dangerous than not, I feel that we are supposed to go through it.

It's odd. When you put a chip in a human body, the tissue forms around it, and functions perfectly with the nervous system. If you put a chip in your body that is connected to a robotic arm thousands of miles away, you can sense when you pick up an object with the robotic hand. It all seems to blend together too perfectly
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

Organizational Charts for some top companies

[​IMG]
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

Robots need love too :(

[youtube]48txxlf0OF4[/youtube]
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  6. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  8. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i just video chatted obama on facebook
    test
  9. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

what that nigga say?
    test
  10. reznick

reznick New Member

I just played as him in Deadliest Warrior, and defeated Ganondorf
    test
  11. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

dunno idiots mic was broken
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

u gonna add me or what?
    test
  13. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i'm not even home. can you give me some room to breathe? you're getting all clingy already
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

k just lemme add you on facebook
    test
  15. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

people care about tech, just not all 'tech'

technology is everywhere, too broad to group into one category to be 'generally interested in'. i am more interested in focusing on an issue at hand and then delving into the technology that comes with it. you never want to lose sight of what the technology was made for in the first place.
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  17. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

No official theory

But there was always this talk about the potential possibility of the rarity of water in the universe. you even hear about all these alien takeover situation where they want our rare water (Battle of LA). It just seems like it was a popular theory being tossed around casually amongst non experts.

People like me would point to Europa, the strong possibility of water, and how that affects the possibility of water being in distant planets. But this discovery, because it is the first of it's kind, 99.9% puts that theory of rarity to death.

Isn't it pretty amazing? A fuckin gigantic behemoth water fountain, with water drops moving like 50 times faster than a bullet.
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  20. reznick

reznick New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.