things athiests should consider when debating christians

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

do you have proof of that? no. so you're still making assumptions because it doesn't make sense to you, not for any other reason. you believe God is a made-up fairy tale imaginary thing. you have no proof it isn't real, you have no proof that it is. many, many, many stories in the bible actually coincide with documented history.

i see a lot of generalizations about christians in here "why do christians believe jesus was white?" uh, i don't. it would be pretty much impossible for him to be white given where and to whom he was born. the catholic church gave jesus a white look because they were racist.

the picture of christ is really caesar borgia, second son of pope alexander the vi of rome.

honestly, until we die, nobody will really know the truth, and by then, it'll be too late.

there are many miracles that happen every day that no science or "logic" can explain. you'll never, ever disprove religion unless someone is resurrected and tells the truth. you believe what you want, but it doesn't make you any more logical or intelligent than a believer.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its happened many times people that died and were revived and tell their story but they dont believe that either. Reminds me of the story in the boble of the rich man that went to hell and asked jesus to raise someone from the dead to tell them not to come here, and jesus said if they dont believe the prophets they wont believe someone raised from the dead either.
    test
  3. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

The only proof I need is the lack of proof they give.

Just like Tolkien never showed people a gateway for us to go and visit Middle Earth in person is enough proof for us to assume that none ever existed in the first place other than in his own mind.

The burden of proof is always going to be on them. Always. ALWAYS.

This isnt Neverland. Belief that we can fly will not enable you to fly. You can say some bullshit like I just have yet to find my happy thought. But when religious people are not flying either no matter how much they babble on about how happy their religion makes them. Then you will still find me asking them for proof. And it will ALWAYS be on them.

And I would like to add that I am not trying to diminish the works of Tolkien or Muhammad by saying they thought these stories up with their imaginations. If anything that is giving Men credit for concocting such wondrous stories.

From my point of view saying Muhammad or his Arab brethren were too barbaric or moronic to create such a work of art at that time is infinitely more insulting. Or to give such credit to God for Humans creative work, saying we could never create such things without outside help is again just taking a giant steaming dump on what our race has accomplished.
    test
  4. snowy

Also when people die or more specifically when their heart stops beating their brain stops receiving oxygen which causes brain damage. Are you really saying that people under these extreme levels of distress & disorientation, which other than killing them again and causing more brain damage can't be replicated, that these people should be taken as 100% fact.
    test
  5. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

This thread proves that christians are wrong about a lot of stuff. But it doesn't prove that God don't exist. Noone can prove God don't exist, but proving christians, the church and the bible wrong isn't hard, as God created us in his image, and that must mean God kinda think all these things are whack as well :D
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

check my thread where a kid drowned and was dead for 20 minutes, suddenly came back to life, and had no brain damage whatsoever.

can you explain that?
    test
  7. antilluminati

Obviously, everything we can't explain is God's work, until we can explain it.
    test
  8. antilluminati

[​IMG]

PROOOOOF!!!!!
    test
  9. snowy

Of course not. Im not a doctor. Probably something to do with the cold water slowing down the decay of his brain. But why does one or two examples make up for the hundreds/thousands of others where they do get fucked up, where they are alive but not really. Were they not worthy of Gods miracle? There's going to be crazy anomalies in life. If you shoot 10000 people in the head 9999 are going to die but theres a small small chance that 1 guy is going to be fine that the bullet will just swim through his brain not doing anything. How does that prove anything. The person doesnt even need to be religious.
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah.

i don't see a point in carrying this on further.

:numaan:
    test
  11. Nugs420

Nugs420 New Member

If you give money to God, he will make you rich and you'll have lots of wine. 3:9-10

WTF?

At God's instructions, the Israelites "utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones" leaving "none to remain." 2:33-36

pretty fucked up god if you ask me...
    test
  12. Nugs420

Nugs420 New Member

If you give money to God, he will make you rich and you'll have lots of wine. 3:9-10

WTF?

At God's instructions, the Israelites "utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones" leaving "none to remain." 2:33-36

pretty fucked up god if you ask me...

If you worship the wrong god, God will get jealous and kill you. 6:15

well this could get ugly....
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I absolutely hate this argument. You're confusing not being able to disprove god as a concept, and not being able to disprove a specific version of god as is described in books written by men. Can you prove there is NO god? No, of course you can't. Can you prove that the god of Abraham and thus the religions that he represents isn't the true representation of the god concept? Yes, yes you absolutely can. The Abrahamic god's holy books fail in every conceivable way. Logically, historically, numerically, geographically, and most importantly MORALLY. They are filled with redundancies and contradictions that should make it obvious to anyone that the people responsible for writing the books had limited understanding of the world and morality. Those would not be characteristics of an omnipotent, omniscient being.

ONE example (don't focus in on this too much, but it is important), is the fact that the god of the bible/Torah/Quaran has EMOTIONS. Human. Emotions. And petty ones at that. Why, exactly would the all encompassing everything that is in every fiber in every last corner of existence feel human emotions such as jealousy and love, emotions that flawed finite beings on ONE planet among billions feel due to their being finite? That, is a HUGE oversight for people trying to pass their works off as divinely inspired.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

We cant rehash everything for every new person that comes up with the same questions. Its been discussed, peep the older threads on these subjects.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Also if u have a question on a certain verse it would help to include the book name with ur verse numbers
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

yes I agree BP. but to answer his question god's so called morality cannot be explained so the New Testament replaced the original. so if your wondering "wait a second man can't rewrite god's word 500 years later" then the answer to that question is what i call a "total bullshit religious douche answer"
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

I have no prob answering his question. Aint like we havent a thousand times already. Shit gets redundant after a while is all.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

But ya, no. You nor anyone else has EVER ownd me on the topics btw
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

well not everybody has 6,000 post. and i just owned u on the top of this page :funny::funny::punch::eek:wned::eek:wned:
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Read the story and ull understand. Or watch the news.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.