These Names Need To Be In The Top 50

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by D-Lor, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

These threads and discussion are actually making me think twice about buying the book. Everybody's happy and content with the list, then some troll questions why Arsonal isn't on the list and you get this shit. Like "really.. what's Saurus ACTUALLY DONE in this battle shit!?! What, Scribble and WRC!?!? But his GT record is like 3-3!!!"

...srsly, stfu.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

No elaboration necessary, when I first joined this site there were 19 other gregrieke's.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol, one of my favorite battle lines ever.......
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

yo i have not peeped all thid thread but i am curious about justice on there......not to say that what he did was not amazing, but i feel like there is something i missed maybe, just curious....respek has no spot on this imo......okwerdz should be on this, no immortal tech imo....rhymefest I hope was never in question of not making it....presence should not be in question either imo

yeah greg, this is a difficult task, if for nothing else than the fact that active battlers reception and impressions change so often, it would be so dificult to have anyone from after like 07 or 08 who is still doing this.......

I feel like a behind the scenes section at the end would be dope too, kinda like people who have influenced and done things to help the whole scene, but are not battlers themselves......just a thought....

peace
    test
  5. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

The way I see it, Scribble for as long as its been up was probably the most respected Battle Emcee tournament in the country. In a time when it wasnt an entirely popular hobby, Battle rappers around the world knew about Scribble and would fly out from everywhere to Cinci' to battle.

Every Scribble Jam Champion is in the book.

Justice had a Cinderella story back in 2005 when he won a local tournament in Australia and flew out to Cincinnati and surprised the fuck out of everybody. Everybody prepared for one another but nobody prepared for Justice cause they didnt think he'd make it very far. Dude destroyed Iron Solomon and had arguably the best battle in scribble history against Thesaurus.

Edit: It should be noted.

That Battle with Thesaurus was in 2005. Youtube launched the next year. If you add up every view that battle had over god knows how many channels, it probably adds up to 400k or something. Its not a ton of views but whats more important is who watched it. That battle alone was extremely influential to kids who don't necessarily listen to hiphop but enjoyed the performance enough to give it a try. Justice also influenced half of the continent of Australian battlers to battle.

Justice is a shoe-in
    test
  6. chrishansen

chrishansen Well-Known Member

Can someone make a 50 greatest chrishansen posts from this thread I am reading back some of the shit I wrote and idk what I was thinking when I wrote that shit but gosh darn if it wasn't solid.
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

judge, i am well aware of the whole story theory and every battle at most every scribble since 96 or 97, I know what justice did and i thought i referenced that in my post......if i didn't i should have been more clear, but every scribble winner being on the list is not really because they won scribble......saurus nocan, etc...are on there for different reasons and have more history in this.......

as i said, i was amazed at justice's battling, and the saurus vs him was one of the best battles ever imo......my only question on this is was there something else he did besides this that i am not aware of.....cause many arguments here are about length of time on the scene what battles they had, deserved, and who they beat when......I don't disagree, but i see this as one that is not without question....and i mainly wondered it in the sceme of this thread more so as well......

so my bad if you took it the wrong way....i have been here and a part of all of this since i joined and before......i used to soley post in this forum, rather emceebattles forum, and have more of a connection to the whole scene than you would think......

also i apologize if that sounds dickheadish, as i see that you were only answering my question, and my pressence here has not been much sincec you joined i think........ please don't take this the wrong way.....
    test
  8. Wilson Fisk

Wilson Fisk New Member

technique is garbage nigga. never mention him as a legend again.
    test
  9. Judgekure

Those are the names he's asking to be removed.

And freebass, Thats cool. I was simply making a case for Justice.

Not sure what other things Justice has done but Impact & Long term influence are major things as to why he's in. It might've been simply for a year but dudes watched it and wanted to because battle rappers cause of that.
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i gotcha....that battle is worthy of being on the list as something of it's own......its really just a tough lsit imo outside of maybe half of it......

i figured, i didn't mean to sound defensive either.......
    test
  11. street ADOD

street ADOD Man-Boobs

i know 50 sounds better but why don't you just make it top 60?

it may not sound as cool but itd be easier.
    test
  12. Caustic

Caustic H.ated N.ow I.n C.anada

why remove twist?!? dude helped put Canada on the map
    test
  13. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

I'd rather talk about this on tc. I can't read huge replies or post any myself.

The fact is that the only brit that should be on that list is Pro Green

He PUT Canada on the map and continued to be relevant for a number of years. To opine that Twist shouldn't be up there is to not know wtf you're talking about and this is precisely why I can't be bothered to type paragraphs to people that won't acknowledge that they're wrong.
    test
  14. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

That said, Greike's the truth for doing this thing. People weren't as interested in the project when he started it and ask for suggestions. I can't cosign this uproar.

My personal suggestion of removing the 50 cap stands, though.
    test
  15. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

What's on Marv Won resume that puts him on there ahead of Kid Twist?

THis is not best in the States but in the World There are rappers out of the US'

I think Storm has a great resume but it's very local. He needs to find ways to travel.

Maybe coming to KOTD would help
    test
  16. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

To not know what Bishop has done you really must be young. Bishop is an official unarguably a Toronto battle legend.

I believe 1st Canadian on Freestyle Friday and was robbed

Look up Eat the Beat
    test
  17. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

Idiot.

Dumb had one of the battles that made GT stand out and introduce some more casual fans to the battle scene who would go on to check out more battles = more fans for GT. The battle against Tantrum is legendary.

Battle against TheSaurus was close and he had a crazy OT. Battle against PH and FLO has replay value.

Dude is legit.
    test
  18. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Yeah shoutout to Diggles.. he da truth in da boof.

I keep it real, while NO ONE (i.e. very few) keep it realistic.

Serius Jones >>
    test
  19. Bishop Brigante

Bishop Brigante Member

-Eat The Beat (ckln radio show champion) undefeated.
    -Masterplan Show Battle (champion) undefeated
    -That Opera House battle where Scandaliss was in (champion)
    -Battled Jin 3 Times ( 2 out of 3 aint bad)
    -106 and Park ( ONLY Canadian to compete,win and cause chaos on the show)
    -WRC's (even though we didn't know shit about it, we did our thing)
    -Countless battles in countless cities and shows cross country (undefeated)

-Started Mic 4 Ya Life in conjunction with CraveFest Media.
    -Co Host of KOTD and behind the scenes consiglier to the great Organik.
    -Host of The Ultimate MC on television tonight at 10PM and every thursday that follows.

yeah you're right. why am I on this list? FOH
    test
  20. Judgekure

For your 500th post you bragged about yourself? Take that Mirror down!

Nah but yeah, Bishop definitely stays on the list. What about Twist though?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.