These Names Need To Be In The Top 50

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by D-Lor, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Verb should be taken off, I won't comment on Organik because unlike most of the people invested in this I wasn't cognizant of any of the non-street battling shit prior to 2007 so I feel weird giving critique or making assessments through my viewpoint
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Definitely man. pm me whatever info you might think would help put me in contact with him. thanks a lot bro.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

The list you quoted wasn't my list cozy. Though I suppose your post still applies, since I do have Verb on mine, and I think finalpost's is pretty good.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

I guess ReignMan in for Presence or Verb if that works.
    test
  5. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

Pardon my ignorance then, but why is Bishop Brigante on there? I'd also ask about Okwerdz, and while I love Madness and I think he's one of the funniest around, I'm not sure how he's top 50 either. Especially when many guys that have beaten him are off the list.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

Bishop is basically the forefather of battling in Canada (I know, "but its CANADA?!"). He'd been battling there since the late 90s all the way up to the WRCs. He beat Jin when Jin was at his highest popularity in battling and had a little like "rivalry" going with him for a while and had 3 battles against him. He's beaten guys like Scandalis and other Canadian legends and he was also the first Canadian to battle on BET.

Okwerdz definitely belongs.

I feel Madness belongs too, though some of his validity has wavered in the last half year or so. I think Maple said it earlier, that the list was originally made around a year ago, and since that time some of these guys haven't performed up to the standard they used to. Madness is without a doubt a florida legend though.

I can understand people questioning Madness and Bishop's selections though.
    test
  7. MrFujiwara

MrFujiwara Texas Battle League

I mean C Rayz Walz is the fucking man and the homie, but who has he beaten to make him Top 50 battler?
    test
  8. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I'd also take Bishop off. But ehhhhhhh, again, era/style bias on my part.
    test
  9. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

Phew, I feel better for not being the only one. I figured if Bishop was so good that he'd still battle. I saw his WRC battles and he was horrible, and always the first to complain about biased judges, which usually helped him. Okwerdz always annoyed me, and Madness, while hilarious, always seemed to come up short vs. his competition.
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Supernatural, Jin, Pack Fm, and a lot of the others from like the great era of NY battling in the late 90s/early 2000s. When PH, C-Rayz, Breez, Jin, Pack FM, etc. all kind of battled each other often.

He also won Rocksteady, and was a 3-time EOW champ.

I also understand his selection being questioned, but I still think he deserves a spot.
    test
  11. MrFujiwara

MrFujiwara Texas Battle League

Which Rocksteady did he win? All I remember is him getting bodied by Immortal Tech. Im not doubting his legendary status, just I don't see him as a battle legend.
    test
  12. gregrieke20

I believe 2001. I could be wrong, I need to try and find more info on Rocksteady tbh.
    test
  13. True Temper

True Temper Pops

I will be the first to jump in and defend the selection of Presence. He has early freestyle wins over Illmaculate and Nocando under his belt. He was able to defeat D-Mobb (R.I.P.) in New York (something Nocando was not able to do). He probably would have made the finals of Spin the Mic if the event hadn't gotten interrupted.

Although he has similar credentials to BoRat (Won brainstorm, decent scribble showings), I believe he is more of a ground breaker. To my knowledge he was the first successful "nerd-comedian" battle rapper.

I'd also like to throw in that if losing the WRC's was the highlight of someone's career, they do not belong on this list (anecdote, twist, etc).
    test
  14. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

test
  15. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

wtf bishop brigante is in this top 50 list??? wow im not buying the book anymore.. wat has bitchop accomplished?? he sucked in wrcs got served by jin

also, take dumbfoundead out.. i respect dumb's hustle.. but he aint a battle rapper.. he was a comedian and wat is his milestone as a "battler?" beating illusion z in a battle that could have gon either way????alright then y dont u put porich in this list while u at it
    test
  16. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Bishop and Madness were next on the chopping block on my list Okwerdz stays so does Verb there are not 50 people better than Verb.

[edit]

Greg your list got Dizaster on it and not Storm make no sense
    test
  17. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Madness belongs on that list, regardless of what you think about his post-BOLA3 battles.
    test
  18. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

C-rayz has beaten everyone in NY twice appraently
    test
  19. gregrieke20

Dumb's not in.
    test
  20. gregrieke20

In fairness the list was originally made when Diz was at the height of his popularity in GT, and some thought he was like the best guy out. I see your argument though.

I think we can all agree that a lot of nitpicking can be done with these final 10-15 spots, and some of the guys are basically interchangeable.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.