There's women who know they'll enjoy/love being moms, and do a magnificent job..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 2, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...kudos to all those moms, who're making sure their children will grow up (or have) healthy, happy and not lacking anything..

What I don't get is when women make it a point to randomly attach "you'll make a great mom one day, you'll see" to a person who refers to small children as Contraception I., Expense & MiniMussolini and realllllllly doesn't have a maternal bone in her body..

I haz an annoyed with zee latter..
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  3. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Fits right in with that young mom on the bus last week.

It's surprising to me the number of women who have planned pregnancies who never acquire that nurturing or motherly instinct.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Because they think it will just come to them.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

There's women who've had to plan a baby due to having a career, etc., and then there's "planned, planned" pregnancies of entrapment. The latter rarely pan out & the child gets stuck with the saddest end of the deal..

One of my closest friends had a baby (now 4 months+ old).. and was trying to convince me that "you'll automatically know what to do when you give birth".. I was like..no. For everything in life there's usually a manual involved. If anything goes wrong you can always repair things. Screw & scar a child up early, and there's no way around fixing that.

Besides, don't think I'll ever be ready having 50% of my genetic material running around the globe, having me wrapped around their little finger for the next 18-25 years..
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You will when clock starts ticking.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

Was hopping the clock would ran out by now. Much like aging, the bioclock isn't something I'd concern myself with, tbh.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Should start ticking in about 5 years.
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Gal did this thread go in the direction you intended it to go in?

It appeared you were saying that you dislike when people force upon you the idea of children when it may not be something you're even remotely into.

Then the thread goes into:
    When in reality, it doesn't fit right in at all and you appeared to be nice and go with it @GaLaTeA.

You're getting soft on us :eek:
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

Nothing wrong with an offtopic route that's basically an association off the thread itself - and surely a parallel between the women who shove planned parenthood down (in this case) my throat and what Breezy mentioned could be found.

Thinking about it - the moms mentioned, who really do the word mother justice never really venture into entertaining those sort of discussions - especially when they know the other's person stance on children..

You know what they say; tough exterior, softy on the inside.. :scared:
    test
  11. MissBreezy

Loosely related, yes, but this chick didn't have (to quote Gala) 'a maternal bone in her body'. She uttered similar phrases to the one above, and I'm sure at some point in her pregnancy was told 'she'd make a great mom'.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

She had someones bone in her. :hoffagrin:
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

That's a whole new thread.. :funny:

Even dressed as a full size bear during winter, seeing girlies with shortest little jackets and belly showing freezes me up.. That will in turn do wonders for their reproductive organs & kidneys..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. MissBreezy

If they're silly enough to dress like that in winter, they don't need to be able to have children,lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

Agreed.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

from an evolutionary standpoint does that mean that whores are technically more evolved since they can survive out in the cold like that? polar bears and penguins are supposed to be in the cold like that, but whores?

penguins aren't mammals how do they keep their blood warm? ill google that.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

Every genetic code has its extremes..
    test
  19. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

People, not just women do that shit all the time. When they see something contrary to their tiny, limited worldview, they say things to "make it okay". The tighter their view, the more patronizing and dismissive they have to be. Like when religious people say "oh, you'll see the truth one day" or some stupid shit like that.

You would, in theory make a good mother, but if you're not receptive to the idea, in practice you will suck horribly. There is nothing more awful than a parent that doesn't want to be one.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

Couldn't agree more..

Another thing those women also like to do is follow my statement with an "just give it a few years and you'll see her with a stroller and a little one in toe.." - no, just no.

Unless I grow the "nurturing bone" over night, don't foresee myself as a parental unit any time soon.. Ever since I've gotten more involved with the association which helps various victims of crimes (especially with the focus being on children) - I'm honestly disgusted at how kids get treated by people who should be always having their best interest at heart/in mind..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test