There's a classic brewing...

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by skandelous_lala, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I haven't written poetry in a long time...scarcely anyways....in the past 2 years I've probably done 5-6 pieces...
    But now..I feel it brewing again
    I know what I want to say...but the question is how to say it...

It may not be a "classic" in the eyes of others..but if I could get it to come out...I think it could be one of the best things I have ever written...

Do you ever get that feeling? That it's right there and it's wonderful but how do you get it to be what you want it to be?

Know what I'm saying?

It feels like every word just needs to be meditated on..or it won't be right..and I'm almost scared to try to write it b/c I'm afraid it won't be what I want it to be heh
    test
  2. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

yeah, 3 times alone on my current PTL match

on the real tho;
    i hope to see your peice considering ive never read any posts of urs cept the ones i once found in the alley

not that i look around for em like a stalker or ne thing....**casually walks off**
    test
  3. skandelous_lala

Word..if I ever get it...I would love to share it with you guys..it would definitely be something I would want to share.

I just want it to be written as special as it feels...I don't know how long it will take once I start..but I know I must do it...b/c it's not something I want to let go.
    test
  4. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^honestly that gets on my nerves. It doesn't happen every time I feel like writing, but when it does I just stop-and let it come to me. (what's most likely to happen is I won't write for about 2 weeks or longer, writer's block I guess) and for me it's not always easy to get back into it. Its like I concentrate on every word for some reason when I stopped writing for a while, not intentional either.

If I feel I can't write it out at the moment, I'll talk to a person I am close with. Its kinda like holding a conversation with someone, letting all the stress or whatever's on your mind be released-then when I go to write I'm not blocked from doing so. The emotions are still there though, just mixed.
    test
  5. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

happens to me all the time...you cant force it...i get that feeling about what i want to wrtie about...and when i get that feeling, like i know i can feel it coming, thats when grab whatever is around me, and i just let my thoughts flow...i cannot let my shit force...i wont even write one word if i try to force it, just sit there and stare...so wait until you feel its coming then get ready to write.
    one
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I understand exactly where you're coming from. That's why I dont post much either. That and just because i'm lazy as hell. But usually once it does come it always is one of the better poems you come up with.

I think maybe you should change your writing environment. Like instead of writing in a place where you're so use to writing go write somewhere else. I remember brit boi gee told me to do that. The next day I went to this little park about 5 miles from my place and just started to write. It felt good. You should try that.

But I hope it does come back to you. I remember reading a few of your poems a long ass time ago. Would be something great to see a piece from you.
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

Well it hasn't left me....so it doesn't need to come back yet =)... it's more of a stuck inside of me thing. I don't think its going to leave me until I do something with it. It's been stuck with me for about a week now since it first sprung up

I just can't seem to do anything with it...

Poetickz..I can totally relate to what you're saying. If I try to write..when I'm not feeling like I can...it almost makes me angry..cuz nothing comes out right.

And it makes me angry now lol... cuz I want to get started on this...but at the moment I don't even know where to start...and I know its probably something that will take revisions to be what I want it to be..but still I don't want to start and have it be less than I envision

Mind Soul..changing the writing enviroment sounds like a good idea. I'm sure most writers know how there are places that all of a sudden you're just filled with inspiration. I get that sometimes but don't often take advantage of it.
    test
  8. Pent uP

thats why im in writing leagues...it slowly drains it though

like if i was to just sit on my ass for a week and then write it would come out to be a beutful open mic, but i keep putting my effort into league topicals and it comes out alright,....i mean i know i can do better but....

i wanna see your work
    test
  9. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I'll let other people decide the status of my pieces, because i usually don't like anything of mine.
    test
  10. skandelous_lala

Hmmm...I find that interesting for some reason.

Don't ask lol
    test
  11. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

mind soul stole my sig.
    test
  12. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I had it first punk.
    test
  13. Pent uP

word, i feel that
    test
  14. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

im real critical of all my pieces as well...i constantly need to know what others think about my pieces...
    one
    test
  15. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

every damn time i go to barnes and noble and sit down sipping on my raspberry mocha...

I jot down the ideas that i had from the past couple days..

I find it helpful...(for anyone that has problems remembering or even writing down what they feel)... that when you have a thought that is worthwhile, jot it down immediately or you're bound to forget it...

Ive had so many "hopeful" pieces in my mind as of late and they all get crushed b/c I'll be at work when i think of the shit... and i dont have time to write any of it down...

eventually though it usually all comes back to me... at a later day! lol

this is a real helpful thread for anyone who has problems with their memory or like i said writing what they feel
    test
  16. AlmostFamous

try writing at a park or a coffee shop.. somewhere that your mind will be set at ease... limited distractions are always helpful too

usually i get some of my best writings when im sitting in a library or barnes and noble..

it will come to you someday keep trying
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

opps need to log him out
    test
  18. skandelous_lala

It's classic enough for everybody to have [funny]

But anyways...
    Those of you who say you don't like anything you write except through feedback...I do just find that really interesting. Can I ask why?

I'm not saying I have this huge ego..b/c I don't. I've written plenty of stuff I felt wasn't great or good and people have told me otherwise. And I've also written things that I thought were good and somebody was like...well you could do this differently lol... it keeps you grounded. But I have certainly written things as well that I did feel good about ..but it is usually in retrospect. Like writing it down..not paying attention to it for a couple months and then going back...it's like okay..that was much better than I thought. Maybe it's because I'm reading it more from a third party/outsider perspective instead of stewing in the emotions in which it came from.

I started on my piece in which I was talking about in this thread. It isn't much right now..it will take some time..but I'm going with it. It feels good just to write something again!

I find my best ideas come:

a.) Early in the morning..when the sun is just coming up.
    b.) When I'm outside somewhere
    c.) In my freakin car when I'm driving and can't do anything about them lol

Walking out to my car from class one afternoon I felt "it"..I thought maybe I should get to my car..sit out there for a little bit and jot some things down...but I thought nah..it can wait till I get home. Nope...it was gone. That will teach me.
    test
  19. LthGd

LthGd Enternal Knowledge

lol at mind and abs zero..
    test
  20. AlmostFamous

c.) In my freakin car when I'm driving and can't do anything about them lol

me too.. lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.