There is NO such thing as a GHOST PRODUCER

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Premize Prod, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

my bad wrong song...who cares...
    test
  2. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

yea cuz people who have people skills, producing skills, confidence, diplomacy, patience, and discipline probably have no talent...smh
    test
  3. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

Yet you dont HAVE to credit a sample? (If you have agreed not to)
    test
  4. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

I hope you were joking.
    test
  5. Auditory

Auditory New Member

thats a great point. How could say, dre buying a synth riff from me and not giving me credit be against the law but clearing a sample from ••••e girls without having to give them there credit is legal? As for JR...honestly i don't know if he got credit for the stuff he sold to dre. he very well could of gotten credits im realy not sure, i just know he has sold him tracks.
    test
  6. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Some of you are confusing beatmakers with producers. Producers do more than just make a beat.
    test
  7. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

its all in the contracts.
    test
  8. Auditory

Auditory New Member

^^^ Exzactly, so therefore by that logic your saying a producer could buy another producers beat and not give him credit if that was the deal and it was in the contract
    test
  9. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Well....I have definitely heard stories, whether true or not, in which a producer would get paid under the table, and his name would not be on the credits at all, and he'd agree to it. I don't know if Kanye received any credit in the booklet for the work he did for D. Dot a while back, but even though I've never asked Dre or anybody big if it happens, I've heard from enough credible sources that certain things do go down to where you might call somebody a "Ghost producer" since their name would be nowhere in the credits. I'm not talking about when people get jacked either..that's a whole different situation.
    test
  10. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

yea it could happen, but it rarely does. u can tell me that mel man and scott storch ghost produced the whole Chroni c 2001, n i can point u 2 their co-prduction creidts. u can tell me jay-z ghost wrote 4 dre, i can point u 2 where he was credit.

the point im tryin 2 make is 99% of te stuff said on here is bullshit. yall make it seem like when dre or swizz when they get assisted by other musciains, they try to front and act like they made the shit all by themselves, when that isn't the case.
    test
  11. kojo

kojo New Member

dre and swizz dont have ghost producers, but other producers in the game do. a friend of mine that works with the producers that just did a tearra mari remix says theres very thorough and binding contracts for this sort of thing in some cases where you can only work exclusively with that label for x amount of time and its non-disclosure. you dont get credit or anything but you get a decent check up front.
    test
  12. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

smartest guy on here

co-sign completely
    test
  13. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

This kid named Hannon outta VA, and I heard this other cat named DangerHand but im not sure about danger, but I know Hannon.

Also, so what if its the fuckin law, •••••s dont abide by the law. Shit, payola is against the law, labels still doing it.

once again, calm down, It aint that serious.
    test
  14. WillieK

WillieK New Member

credit must be presented where credit is due

lol Sol alwayz spittin some real knowledgez to us yung katz
    test
  15. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

Hannon Lane? I know he co-produces with timbaland but i couldnt tell you whether he gets credited or not (he definetly does on timbaland's "under construction 2" album). Danja definetly gets credited, he co produced "put you on the game" and is credited (nate hills), and he did a track with timbo for j-lo's album and was credited (danja)

Timbaland Interview timbaland mentions him, he's no ghost producer
    test
  16. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

what in the hell is a "ghost" producer
    test
  17. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

word, I dont know about DangerHand cause I don't really mess with him but early on in Tim's career, like before UC2 hannon was doing things wit him and I believe he didnt get all his credit, actually im pretty sure.
    test
  18. Sleezy

Sleezy milfhinter.com

Jackin Does Happen My Guy King Born Is Suing The Murda Inc Camp For Using His Beats Without Permission Ashanti Used Most Of Them To Hear Dudes Beats Peep

Www. Myspace.com/erule
    He Produced All Of Eruls Beats..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.