There is NO such thing as a GHOST PRODUCER

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Premize Prod, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

test
  2. Auditory

Auditory New Member

damn sol doin it
    test
  3. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i dont think premize was really reffering to live artists though. I think he was talking about buying beats from people and then saying he made them
    test
  4. urban_tactics

i kno sha money XL jacks beats on a regular........
    test
  5. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

This is rumor of course...but I heard whoo Kid jacks beats for red spyda

But recently Neptunes was getting sued, Kanye and luda was getting sued for jacking.. I am not saying it happens for the majority of there work....but it happens now and then
    test
  6. urban_tactics

ayo...i kno cats is gonna hate on me and say all types of bullshit

but i aint actually HEARD the shit yet....but some ppl offline told me they heard my beat "life's a bitch 2005" beat with young gunz OVER it...and they said kanye took the credits on a mixtape...i been lookin for this mixtape for a hot minute now...aint sayin kanye jacked me cuz i dont kno....but 5 ppl told me this shit...so i'm still lookin......
    test
  7. Auditory

Auditory New Member

we talking about known producers jacking beats or known producers getting ghost production? 2 different topics
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

the problem with that ..is that it is a sample... so its easier to rip without giving you credit..... And the beat sounds "Kanye like"

Like Usher - Throwback ...and the the basically the same beat on Young Gunz first album....
    test
  9. urban_tactics

...i been told its the same exact beat......and if they got it, i kno how they got it

but i dont care about credit...i just wanna hear it......

i dont need to be gettin blackballed suin nggaz in the industry over a non-profit track.......

and its not like the beat is looped...its actually chopped to death
    test
  10. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i got jacked for a beat my Mac Dre for one of his mixtapes. I wasnt credited on the mixtape but but I got the proof so i just added dude to my resume. if u find that song with young gunz just add them to ur resume, fuck em if they put kanye for credits...just use it to ur advantage tell all ur clients u doing business with em
    test
  11. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I know some1 who got his beat on the obie trice album in the same fashion you mentioned...yet he got a co-production credit RIGHT UNDER DRE!!! I also know someone who ogt his beat to timbaland...timbaland only used a guitar riff and constructed his beat around it...he got paid $$$ and got a writers credit 4 writin the riff, and he also got a "guitar played by" credit. So how is it "ghost production" if your gettin credited for your contributions?
    test
  12. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

if u ever find that shit urb upload it that beat was fire
    test
  13. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

That's all true, and I agree, but what I think Premize is sayin is (I think) somethin like this...

Some guy runs out an buys "Chronic 2001"...he flips thru the booklet...
    Still Dre
    keyboard by Scott Storch
    That guy posts that "info" up on RM. Some idiot who either thinks that playin a melody makes u a producer or some1 who just hates Dre twists it up and says
    "Scott Storch ghost produced Still Dre"
    Some idiot actually believes that (without any proof) (well theres so many damn rumours about Dre...so I wouldnt blame him), and comes in a thread about Dr Dre, and repeats it like
    "Oh, Scott Storch ghost produced Still Dre, Premize you didn't know that?"
    ...and they say it in a manner so it seems that it was a "well known industry secret" (and their in da industry)...when he actually makes beats on fruity loops, and is a rookie just gossiping.
    test
  14. Auditory

Auditory New Member

]\]

its just a term used to describe selling work to another producer and having them getting the stamp PRODUCED BY DRE or whoever. Not all ghosts get credited though. Theres lots of people who ghost write other peoples lyriks and get payed but not credited, same with beats. The dude i know who has sold Beats to Dre is named JR. I know he got payed but i dont think he got any credits...i could be wrong though
    test
  15. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

just like jay-z ghost wrote for dr dre for Forgot About Dre...and did not get any credits....but got paid.... How everone ghost writes for puff...dre too
    test
  16. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

See this is what im talkin about...Do you even have the chronic 2001?
    You just spittin off rumors that you herd somewhere else tryna seem "industry knoweldgble"

JAY-Z HAD NOTHIN 2 DO WITH FORGOT ABOUT DRE!! EMINEM WROTE DRES VERSES (and thats str8 from XXL Magazine)

The track Jay-Z wrote for Dre is "Still Dre"...and yes he DID get credit
    Str8 from the booklet:
    Still Dre
    Written By S. Carter, A. Young, S. Storch, M. Bradford
    test
  17. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

I like this because you've pointed out why people who use studio musicians are frowned upon.

You dont need to have TALENT...
    test
  18. Concero

Concero ...sol

I like how u think auditory.
    test
  19. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

haha@this thread. yall still aint gettin it.every beat put on a professional released album gives credit to the person who made the beat. and guess wat i just found out!! its the LAW. the FUCKING LAW. so fuck wat you •••••s talkin about. until someone shows me the beat someone else CREATED. and dre or any other producer put it on a CD and didnt give any credit. just shut that shit up.

the problem is none of you kids buy CD's. you download them. then go to websites with track listings and think the shit is accurate.. just like •••••s SWORE ON THEY LIFE that timberland produced "slow down". •••••s on here talkin about the booklet right in front of them. turns out it was tim and bob. some more bullshit from the kids on this board.

your all full of bullshit. prove me wrong.

and auditory i only know of ONE producer name JR and he gets credit for all his shit. hence the fact i have heard of him. ive seen his name in A FEW booklets.
    test
  20. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

YES.

There is such thing as a GHOST producers. but some producers are known for BUYING beats from OTHER beat makers..

i know people who do that shit personally...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.