Thedream233 just made his 3rd song EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 1, 2013.

?

How good is this song?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2014.
  1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

100.0%
  3. Meh, ok...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. not good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

yeah its been a while since the last time I posted a song....

lotta shit went on since then, I moved, got sick, got better, researched more on music production and vocal editing.

let me know what you guys think... this track is about working at shitty jobs...

heres the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qd3coy

**Remember, click on the BLUE BOX that says download from sendspace!!!!

I remember hearing comments about sound quality issues with my last 2 songs so tell me what you think of the quality, and of the overall song as well...

also lyrics, flow, production (yes, I made this beat)

and vote bitches
    test
  2. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

you kinda sound like Schoolboy Q at points but less raw

I like your concepts, they're dope n you obviously creative...

content's dope, good song, beat is eeeehhhh
    test
  3. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Why don't you upload the songs to soundclick though? lol

Dead @ the generic pop beat. Come on dream you betta than that.
    Your voice sound less corny but still it sounds like sometimes you are out of breath and it's not entirely raw.

There's a lot of room for improvement but you just need to polish your shit more. Production still sounds like on some low-budget audacity stuff.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

thanks... I dont really listen to much schoolboy Q, but i gotta check out more of him now.

lol i love this beat i dont know why i guess i just love electric guitar
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I'm going to... Ive dont a few songs but Ive only completed 3... for some reason I'll do a song halfway and then jump to doing other songs, so i dont have a lot of completed shit.

ha... damn yall niggas really dont like the beat? lol i guess it all depends on the person... like I said to Mel, i fuckin love it... though I must admit, it doesnt sound very hip hop.

as for the rappin shit, what can I say.. i'll keep on practicing.
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

You're outrapping the beat. That's a good sign.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Listening to it right now... I don't like the beat.... but it's alright for your voice and flow... not bad. I had to get over the rough feel of it, so I gave it another listen and really felt it.
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

thanks... wow... i guess im the only one here who likes electric guitar... lol... Im gonna do some more "hip hop" type beats to see what you guys think...
    test
  9. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Yo dream, I don't know why they're not diggin the beat. I'm vibing with this shit, lol...lyrics and flow are good, bro. Diggin the hook. Definitely catchy.

You need work on your production, though. I think your problem is you've got too much reverb going on around your mic, causing your mic to sound more electric (that's the best way I can word it I guess). I used to have the same problem too. What I do is just soundproof the fuck outta everything around my mic. I got pillows going up on the right side of it, a pillow behind it, a pillow to the left, I tape up shirts on the wall so my voice doesn't bounce off that...basically the only side of the mic that isn't soundproofed is right in front of it where I am...try that and I think you'll see a really good improvement.

^^That's an example of how I wasn't soundproofing well enough around me. Of course, I hadn't mastered much of mixing as well since that was one of the first few songs I put out, but most of that sound comes from my voice bouncing around walls and windows (stay away from windows and cover those fuckers up at all costs cuz they reflect your voice tremendously).

Compare that with my Wicked Games remix...hear how much softer my voice sounds? My voice is only going into the microphone from one direction (right in front) rather than bouncing around and coming through the sides and behind it as well. The pillows aren't in that video just for the sake of the video but how it was recorded there's pillows all around it. Remember the tri-fold boards you'd use in school for presentations? I basically put one of those behind my mic but out of pillows and shirts, lol.

Try improving that. It's amazing how much more people will actually listen to you and what you're saying once your quality gets there
    test
  10. ThatsNotMyName

Use them egg cartons like Hustle & Flow lol

I'd like to hear the next dream track sounding clean.
    test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

thats a big help Ace, thanks. I think the echo/reverb is coming from the walls in my room. just moved in so not much on em yet.

when did you do that wicked games remix? shit is flames... my favorite track from you so far.

I'm gonna try the pillow/shirt method for my next track, but for now I went back and I noticed that I made the same mistake I did when I put out that first track "chronic regression." I dnt listen to it on several different kinds of headphones/speakers. I noticed that the vocals were much louder than the rest of the song. I did some editing and I think everything sounds a bit more cohesive now.. check it out...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2skvo
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

hmmm i'll look into that...

trust me, I'll get that "clean" sound soon.

check out a revision I did to the song... I think it sounds a little better. the vocals dont sound as out of place to me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2skvo
    test
  13. ThatsNotMyName

Your voice sounds lower but I don't know if it sounds as clean as it can still..
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

hell, then until I can get a new mic, its egg cartons and pillows lol
    test
  15. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I quite like this!
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

It grows on you...

Damn even Ace is growing on me... I've been hearing Ace so much that now I can hear his voice and I'm used to it lol
    test
  17. Ace the Prophet

I'll listen to that when I get a chance. That Wicked Games I did a little after the FV contest I think? Whenever the date I uploaded was is about the time obviously, lmao...

But yeah, just make sure you cover shit up. You don't need it there permanently or anything. I'm gonna upload a picture here in a sec to show you how I set mine up.

And listening to it on a million different things is important, lol. You'll pick up on different things. Once I'm done mixing it I'll listen to it on my good headphones. Then I listen to it on my ear buds. Then I unplug those and just listen to it on my laptop speakers. Then I listen to it on my phone after I upload it onto soundcloud/youtube. Then I download it onto my Ipod on listen to it in my car. Always pisses me off because I'll hear something I don't like on just ONE of those when everything else is fine, then I gotta figure out what I need to do and if it pisses me off enough I consider re-recording, which I hate, lol...but you'll pick it up, man.

And thanks ThatsNotMyName! Glad to know I'm growing on people, haha.
    test
  18. Ace the Prophet

2012-07-20_13-18-00_776 (480x640).jpg

That's what it generally looks like when I record...can you tell I live with my girl? lmao...purple pillow power!
    test
  19. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

thanks man
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

cool... I'm gonna try it out.
    test