TheBigPayback - Who is your Pastor?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by M-theory, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'd like to have a word with him. You should send him here to discuss the Rapture with me. I bet he'll show me and everyone here some serious proof that he is a messenger from God with his special skill of interpreting the bible.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I would enjoy this tbh
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I bet he's the pastor of his church
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't think so. But I wouldn't doubt it if his pastor is just a paid actor (a bad one, but an actor nonetheless) who is just trying to survive in L.A.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

When i first read some of his beliefs, i figured he combine a bunch of different stuff together to form what he believes to be truth
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Are u seriously debating the rapture? Wow. Go watch left behind. Anyways i do bible study eveyday with either rod parsly, hillton sutton, creflo, td jakes, joyce meyer, joseph prince sometimes, benny hinn sometimes, and kim clement sometimes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

I study apologetics as well. But my sunday church is World Changers International.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

are u jason anthony
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

LOL shad aint JA.. shad is a negro :scared: hahaha.. anyways, not that, THAT matters..

TbH i find BIGPAYBACKS information, rather sound, and in some area's im sure it's a little extreme, but that's what happens when apoligeticals/intellectuals try to decipher the bible.
    test
  10. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

"Go watch left behind"

Bwaaahaahaha
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

^They dont seem to understand what the rapture is. Like wtf. If u do steve, geez ill ease up on ya a bit
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

left behind movies sucked but the books were amazing
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Its just the idea im trying to get across. The rapture is a WELL known teaching. The only debate is wether its pre, mid or post trib.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Oh jesse duplantis, mike murrdock, mike bickle, and perry stone as well
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I understand precisely what the rapture is through its doctrine alone, which is where my problem lies. There is no biblical scripture that backs up this view. There might be some one-off verses that, if you were to deliberately interpret them as having to do with the rapture, you may delude yourself into believing that was what was actually implied in the scripture. I don't believe there is anything solid pertaining to the rapture in the bible.

I think scripture speaks of one event - the Second Coming - and have every reason for it. You believe that before the great tribulation you will be rescued as part of a separate event before Christ returns for the Second (Third?) Coming. Not only that, but there is a lot of argument between those who believe in the Rapture as to whether it happens before the tribulation, during it, or after it. It's all messed. The Rapture doctrine is based on an incredibly weak foundation.

The BEST example of a verse I know of that would make one think a rapture is possible is in the Old Testament (which is also questionable just on the basis that it is in the Old Testament instead of the New, where it should be.)

(Zephaniah 2:3 KJV) Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

Of course I don't see any reason why this should be seen as referring to the Rapture but there's definitely correlation between the verse and the doctrinal mythology surrounding the Rapture.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yes it is widely accepted. That's why it's worth my time to attack it. I know beliefs concerning the rapture are not usually seen as integral to one's salvation so there are lots of Christians who would just blow it off and say 'hey believe what you want because I don't care if I get raptured up and you get left to deal with the tribulation but are still saved' - which is pretty cruel, but whatever. As for me, I'm not concerned about salvation but I'm concerned about the truth. Remember when Jesus talked about sending the Holy Spirit? What was it that he called it again? Right. The Spirit of Truth. So I'm just attacking the Rapture, as I see doing so as being in the Spirit of Truth.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

Heres the thing. The saints are not subject to wrath. The trib is Gods wrath. Also the 3rd time is when he comes back for the battle. "well be changed in the blink of an eye raptured up to meet our lord in the sky. 7 years later we comme back for battle.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Get 'em Memento

and no i ain't JA
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

Lol memo gotta fanclub
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test