The writer's journey.

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Justin85, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

I've been writing since November of 1999'.. when I was 14 years old and I was in the 8th grade. Since then I know I've gotten somewhere in my art such as getting to perform up on stage and go to open mic sessions. Sometimes I worry though.. like, I've worked on my writing sooo much and invested SO MUCH time in it.. writing ENDLESS INFINITE lines.. and I have thrown away hundreds of stuff possibly, thousands. I worry sometimes like, since I have invested all this time in writing.. and writing sooooo damn much and since I've thrown away ALOT of things that I wrote thru high school.. that I don't have nothing to show for all the endless hard work I've done since I started in 1999'. I have I think 75 poems that I've kept since 1999'.. maybe, over that. I've always thrown away things that I didn't want.. and that I felt like I would never use.. but, Now im worrying if I should of done that.. lol I think I'm going insane. Also, sometimes I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and I'm not improving despite, how hard I've worked and all the LONG times that I've invested for real.. I really have worked ALLOOTTT in my writing and in my art ALL thru my high school years.. I've written ENDLESS things.
    test
  2. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Ok, I just wrote this long ass reply to your statement above, but dumbass rapmusic.com server was busy, lol, and I lost it...Anyhow, if you get at me on AIM the same message can be conveyed through me as I had done here...
    test
  3. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

test
  4. I think you need to figure out in your mind who you are writing for, and if it brings anxiety to know you have lost poetry, try and figure out why that is. Are you worried about not having them to show others? What is it you feel you must prove? I think you are struggling with your individual voice and whether or not poetry should come from and feed back to self, or moreso feed to other people to gratify self. You are quite young and have much time to decide where you hope to take poetry, and where it fits into your life, or if you want it to be a proffession or just a hobby. Do not worry about how good you should be, or how far you should have come by now. Be patient, be willing to accept those pieces you lost as valuable stepping stones to the present time, because thats exactly what they are. concentrate on the future, the new works which have not been discovered.
    test
  5. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

^^^See, I wasn't the only person to tell you this now was I? lol, anyhow, I am glad that somebody else see's it the way taht I do...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.