The West Coast is dead because.....

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by R-Tistic, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

who else is on top then??
    test
  2. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

no its not the sound or the style or lack of talent its the fact their not makin commercial friendly music. why is lil john hto right now n the south killin it unfortunatley cuz they makin shit thats commercial n the radio stations is gonna play
    test
  3. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

In a way I agree, and I think I would agree 100% if I didn't go to school in Florida and talk to hundreds of people who aren't from the west just to see what they feel.

Yeah I would say Game is the main reason Bishop and Glasses got those major deals...but for the last 5 or so years, the problem for west coast artists wasn't really the part about being signed....it had everything to do with them actually coming out. I don't know if you remember, but when Dre got Game, a lot of us really didn't care, because we "KNEW" he would be shelved and never come out, just like every other West Coast artist at the time. So the fact that he did come out and sell did bring attention, and will probably make other companies give these artists a chance...but west coast artists have always been signed, they just never dropped or got good promotion if they did drop.

As for what I said about being in school out of state....I never realized so many people looked down on the west and their new artists. With Game, most people on the east liked him because he sounded like their own artists...but this did not make most of them want to seek new west coast talent or have an open ear to other artists on the west....instead, many of them would just say "well the ONLY y'all got is Game, and he's only dope because he sounds like he's from the east. Everybody else on the west is wack"....so many of their ears weren't really opened up to the west...but just to Game.

So yeah, it may seem as if their are opportunities for everyone to blow...but personally, shit has been moving TOOOOOOOOOO slow. I was here in December at the "New west concert" at the Vault 350 in LBC, and G. Malone's signing party on Dec. 19 I think...and it really looked like the west was ready to go right then, and all of the new west artists were united. But damn...I haven't heard but so much to happen since then. Bishop and Glasses drop next year...well Glasses at least, and hopefully they will make enough noise to keep it movin. But droppin a new artist from the west 2 years after Game scheduled to bring it back is way too much time for me.
    test
  4. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

da hell far as i know xzibit, ras kass, snoop, dpg, mc eiht, GAME, dj quick, too short, all dem nggaz still alive and makin records, lol, idiots
    test
  5. FrEe$tYLi$t

FrEe$tYLi$t New Member

i feel you though but me personally im like i haven't found a perfect rapper you know it's just sometimes i wanna hear flow, sometimes the beat, sometimes the content depending on my mood and the combination of those together is what makes someone really dope to me... i've yet to be super impressed by any rapper in history really i mean as far as overall there's always a downside to everyone ya know... it's good i love west coast music and will continue to do so and support it..............

oh and P.S. Yuk's got lyrics mayne you sleepin
    test
  6. R-Tistic

What are you sayin? U sayin the west ain't "dead" because they are still makin em? If so....we still have no mainstream presense.

Xzibit - Last album flopped hard, and is only around because of Pimp my ride. After he left Dre, many people lost interest

Snoop - Still around...some people say he lost it, and some say he's wack, but he still makes some hits when he drops

DPG - Still around, but not nearly as dope and refreshing as they were in 96...nowhere close. They get a bit of play outside the west, but never anything major

MC Eiht - Drops 6 CDs a year that nobody knows anything about other than die hard fans

Game - I donno the truth, but everybody is sayin Aftermath really did drop him, and his album is not coming anytime soon. In L.A., lost about 98% of his "street cred" for those who feel it matters, even though he did go back to his hood a while ago...he still isn't down with the whole camp though.

DJ Quik - Album was pretty good but didn't make any noise outside the west, and rumor has it that he's in jail right now for somethin that happened in 03, probably dealin with his sister. Still the most talented producer on the west, but he doesn't do as much as he used to, and is still unheard by much of the younger crowd.

Too Short - Has a dope azz single out, but I don't see the video on TV (maybe its on MTV2, I donno). Should be gettin play everywhere because it's easily acceptable. But dude is gettin OOLD.....has many gray hairs on his face, even though he's still as dope (or wack if you think so) as he was in the 90's.

Soo.....yeah our legends are still here, but aside from a few others, that's about it. No kind of Chamillionaires, Paul Walls, T.I.s, Jeezys, Pitbulls, or anyone else to come out in the last few years other than Game.
    test
  7. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

yeah he probably stepped his game up since i last used to listen to him, he ate game up though i was impressed with those disses
    test
  8. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

yea...i do feel u on it takin way too long for the next true west reppin artist to blow...but i'd say thats mainly cuz the south is still so strong right now...but i can just about garuntee the west is gonna be "mainstream" again within the next year or so...

i just hope the ones bringin real quality and truley deserve it,are the ones to do it this time.
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

Hiphop 4 Eva, Shit Will Neva Stop
    test
  10. GunzNbutta3oh5

GunzNbutta3oh5 prolly smashed ya bitch

got damn i didnt read all this 5 page shit i dont got enough time right now

so ima jus drop my dead honest opinion...yall can like it or not i gives a fuck....anyway to me the west is dead cause the music comin out is WAACK...it might not be to yall but it doesnt apeal to us outside cali.......half the shit isnt even nothin new...some niggas still on that g funk shit(lmfaooo let it goo).....n the others thats tryn somethin diff like the bay is corny...hyphy is trash lol im sorry that whole movement is a joke everyone here laughs at it....and if its not that yall still have them same 40 yr old rappers....Ice cube snoop DPG dj quik mc eiht etc.....lmfao nigga please no nigga over here is tryna hear no fuckin ice cube in 2006.........cmon dawg

but basically yall music jus dont appeal to niggas no more.....nobody here tryna hear it and its not sayin yall should adjust to our styles yall should jus find somethin yaselfs(and fyi a special ed version of crunk is not the way to go)

anyway thats my opinion dont like suck a dick im prolly not gonna remembe 2 check this so i prolly wont reply to nobody..1.
    test
  11. YuNG WaLT

hmm...

sound like somebody need to look up the numbers Cubes album has been doin these past few weeks...

especially with it bein a FULY independent release....

they might not be buyin it where this kat above me is..but SOMEBODY is buyin it.
    test
  12. R-Tistic

I am sure people in Miami are on it as well.

As you can see though...many people outside the west feel like this. I can't get mad about it, and I'm used to it now...I'm tired of sayin "listen to [insert rapper] I bet you'll like them" because most people with that attitude still won't like em period. But yeah...the effect of Game comin out definitely didn't change people's opinions at that level.
    test
  13. GunzNbutta3oh5

its not an attitude...u talkin like im jus talkin out my ass n dont even kno bout westcoast music....nigga i kno all bout the underground over there...n the rappers yall consider good....sly boogie, crooked i, techneic n certified dynamic(they actually good, crooked i too)....mac dre, jt the bigga figga, turf talk, san quinn, mob figaz, etc...i can keep on my nigg i listen to music from everywhere i jus dont like alot of the shit comin out the west now and obviously alotta niggas feel how i do or yall wouldnt be at a dead end like yall is now.......yall wanna know y the west dead is cause of yall its not the industry or the south takin over or niggas hatin w/e excuse niggas try 2 say...shit look at us nobody gave the south shit niggas used 2 laugh at us now they tryna b like us.....u gotta get yours yall finna have ya time again im sho....
    test
  14. GunzNbutta3oh5

i dunno how i dont know one nigga with that shit....that video he got aint bad tho its aight...but yea still what that mean 50 sells his ass off and nobody i kno buys his shit either...
    test
  15. YuNG WaLT

ok...now u doin too much...

i kno damn well you know some niggas who bought a 50 cd...cut that shit out...

nigga...u probly got ALL his albums ya damn self...niggas be swearin they was neva a 50 fan..just cuz its "cool" to NOT be a 50 fan...

but it dont even matter...cuz if u sayin u dont kno nobody thats buyin them artist music...as much as they sellin...then that just shows how irrelevant and insignifiacant your lil part of town is...yall must be a non factor...

or u really dont kno wut u typin about...so either way..u just erased any reasons to even read any more of your post.
    test
  16. GunzNbutta3oh5

lol...nigga u can think what u want i dont buys cds rarely ever last cd i bought was beanie sigels.....second i dont kno any nigga who bought the massacre as in from the store i kno a couple niggas who had it theres a difference....n i seriously kno nobody with the ice cube cd, burned or bought from the store....

and dont read my post anymore then lol as if i give a fuck u replied to me first ole boy i aint say shit 2 u....dont matter if u believe me or not anyway its the truth dont read it if u dont want niggas asked for opinions and i gave it u denyin it doesnt change the fact yall jus dead weight in the game....holla...
    test
  17. YuNG WaLT

lol..like "The Massacre" is his only album or sum shit...

and how u gone "quote" my post...then turn around and type.."i aint say shit 2 u"...

but dont get it twisted my man..i aint pressin you or nuthin...its just...if you gone take the time to post a reply...why not be honest about it?...and not just post some shit that u kno gonna make niggas say u bullshittin.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.