The West Coast is dead because.....

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by R-Tistic, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avirex

Avirex New Member

how old are you people? Game is the best thing tha west seen since Pac.. he only has put out one album and is already considered by many a legend.. dudes mixtapes are fire.. 300 bars... aint no one done that shit before.. he brought g unit down on sales by himself.. his flow, voice and delivery is all good and he gots shit to say that has meaning.. there is no reason to hate on him or say he isnt what he claims which is the west coast savior.. Game and Crooked I are the best on the west right now.. Doctors Advocate is going to be hot... mark my words.. shit Cubes album was pretty tight too.. I listen to west coast music only.. I cant stand east or south shit.. there are exceptions.. like Nas, Busta, Jeezy, but i would listen to west coast shit over anything else any day of the week and thats because I'm proud to be on the west and love the music it produces.

listen to 300 bars.. or red bandana.. tell me you aint feelin game.. shit
    test
  2. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

snap ya fingaz
    goin down
    what you know
    why you wanna

4 big songs? unless im forgettin anythin south aint on top
    test
  3. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I'm hopin that's not directed towards me....if so...

If anybody on here would be biased for or against Game, it would be me, being that I met him numerous times and did a track for him. But fuck the minor credentials, I am telling the truth and speaking the real.

I didn't deny that he is a dope rapper at all with anything I said....I just gave commentary on what several people have said and felt, as well as what I feel about how things happened. For you to really fall into the hype of him being a legend after one album and being a west coast savior just proves that you've fallen into the hype like many others. A LEGEND is someone who broke new ground, and stayed in the game through all the trials, tribulations, and ups and downs in the music industry....so it's not even possible to consider somebody who dropped ONE album and has been known of for about TWO years. For him to be the "West Coast Savior" means that he brought it back to the glory days, which was 94-96....and if you compare 95-96 to 05-06, the west is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING close to what they were then.

I said that it's not even his responsibility to bring back an entire coast, and it's not possible at all. He claims it purely for hype, but I am sure he might believe it as well, and it's just not fact, at all!!! Him bringing back the west is about as close to saying that Kobe brought back Showtime to the Lakers by taking us to the first round and scoring 81 points....sure we loved seeing it, and we'll remember it forever, but that has NOTHING at all on us winning 5 championships in 9 years, and appearing in 1-2 others.

So yeah....nobody even said anything about not feeling Game...I just said that he didn't do as much for the west as we hoped, and we can't be mad. I wasn't knocking him for having an east coast-based style, but it is fact that his style and G-Unit affiliation only had a small impact on making record companies and outside-the-west listeners check for the west and want to put out new artists and promote them as they do other coasts.
    test
  4. R-Tistic

LMAO....in 2006, the south has definitely had a lot more singles and big songs than NY, that's just the reality of it. You are forgettin "Holla at me baby" "Hustlin" "Ridin Dirty"(I hear it's the #1 song in the nation), that Pitbull track with the girl screamin and weird drums, Bubba Sparx Heat it up, and a few more that aren't really BIG but still gettin nationwide rotation.
    test
  5. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

ridin dirty
    hustlin
    shake
    snap ya fingaz
    goin down
    what you know
    why you wanna

notice how all of those except why you wanna n what you know n ridin dirty prob arent goin platinum.
    test
  6. dopeascanbe

dopeascanbe New Member

The west ain't falling off

YO PEEP THIS! For all the cats that's talkin about rappers like Game ain't real. If you don't get down with those cats don't talk about what you don't know and i know what his brother said in which he never said that game was not real nigga. The real reason the west is not recognized is because the powers that be (The large record companies and radio stations outside of L.A.) that got this payola goin on don't play their records. I also feel that their are not enough hot producers in the west (a couple). ONE
    test
  7. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

Alchemist = dope
    test
  8. dopeascanbe

dopeascanbe New Member

test
  9. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

The West Coast is dead because.....

I havent released a major label debut yet...

and to all who are gonna discredit my post without atlease givin my music a GOOD listen...

FUCK YOU very much.
    test
  10. FrEe$tYLi$t

FrEe$tYLi$t New Member

I was just posting a couple rappers that I'm feeling right now not the greatest MC's on the west coast so get the straight........ i guess we have different vibes and lifestyles from west to east and even from hood to hood city to city state 2 state ya know.........

and all the people you said were wack that's your opinion

you think t-nutty is wack? i think you probably haven't heard much from him then because he spits fire, rapid spitter with heat and lyrics not just another gangsta rapper............

MURS is wack? thats your opinion i could see how his style could be too slow or laid back but i relate to a lot of his songs on a personal level and really just relate to his personality thats why i feel him.........

Hollow Tip is wack? well i think he is raw as fuck with the gangsta shit and lyrics go check out the album flawless........

lynch i can see why i really don't like all his rip gut horrorcore shit no more i mean season of the siccness is classic for what it was... but when lynch spits that real shit i see great potential and i think he actually has been improving his song writing.....

grouch is wack? i thought so when i first heard him too... but he grew on me... now im really feeling that shit never thought i would just go check out the album "fuck the dumb" if you can't get into it it's understandable cuz he's different than the norm......

and heiro you say? yeah opio's voice is different but i think he keeps it gangsta for a underground hip hopper type group and i forgot to mention pep love... nobody should have any negatives about him............

and i really hope you didn't say Yukmouth is wack....... cuz real talk yuk is like on the level of the best rappers in the game or almost of all time....... he has dropped at least 5 discs of non luniz material that are raw.........anybody hating yuk probably didn't really know about him until the game vs. yuk beef besides being in the luniz... i'd prefer listening to yuk's collection over almost anybody besides Pac's so that shows you im a huge fan although lately he been wasting music on this beefing shit and getting a big head talking about flossin too much...........

I think Yukmouth or Crooked I are the ones that could have the appeal, street love, lyrics, flow, and potential to make a club banger that dudes in the streets would love and hopefully the bitches would catch on to....
    test
  11. R-Tistic

^^^ I think it has to do with bias and all else...because I know PLENTY of people from outside the west who feel those artists. For him to tell us that we are the ones who are biased in who we like is kinda suspect to me, but that's how it is.

Also........I should have said it earlier, but it's never too late....

Why the hell do people say shit like "y'all have no talent, east coast rappers are better, y'all rappers can't spit" etc. etc.......KNOWING that talent and skill don't even equal sales??!??? The same people who say the west has no dope rappers are the same ones who'll knock 15 artists who are successful commercially and say "they suck, they don't talk about anything"...which proves that skill and all doesn't equate to success. Most rappers that people really think are dope, especially for east coast heads, never even blow up...so how can they come at us like "well y'all rappers suck"??
    test
  12. R-Tistic

Interesting....no responses for that one yet
    test
  13. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

na i think i pretty much explained why the west is dead,

the west is NOT making good commercial music. and as sad as it might be commercial music is what carries hip hop. the hip-hop "lifestyle" and culture wasnt considered to be a culture or a lifestyle that was acceptable to the masses until it became commercial
    test
  14. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

any retorts?
    test
  15. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

West Coast 4 Life.

I love all the music that every side is putting out, but someone posted it and said "Ill listen to West Coast music before anything else" No one is fucking with our music. espescially our MOB shit!
    test
  16. R-Tistic

Well for a good while, everyone knows that we carried rap at a time when it was commercial, but not classified as much. You didn't really start hearin people classify rap as some being "commercial" and some being "real hip hop" and all else til the late 90's.

In a way, I agree that the west isn't AS good at making commercial music....but commercial to most people really means catchy, watery, no meaning, or feel good/danceable music. And what I find funny is that whenever a west coast song does happen to get pushed with promotion, it seems to do pretty good nationwide....but this rarely happens.

From late 99 to 2001, we made a brief comeback, and we kept our same style, which evolved straight from the mid 90's. Tha Eastsidaz had the #4 Album in the country!!! Not just hip hop, but going against everything! Xzibit was successful, DPG had the #1 Independent album in the country, Snoop and Dre sold as expected, Tha Liks made major noise even though it was because of the Neptunes beat, Knoc-Turnal made some noise, and a couple of other artists did the same. But that spark didn't last, and we didn't make a comeback...however, nobody was saying anything about how we weren't making commercial music and how we had no appeal.

So maybe that was just the last breath of the L.A. styled gangsta rap, and the companies and fans got tired of it...but I think it was mainly because no one else came out when that burst started to fade out in late 2001. Now, in order for us to get recognized, it seems as if we have to go to the east or south to collab with them, or depend on Dre.
    test
  17. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

That new chino and snoop track is fire

But anyway on to that list, I can see too how people would like those artists, they each have their own steez which some people would dig but I can't listen to a dude with a raw delivery and wack lyrics(yuk & lynch) , or a cat with a wack voice but dope lyrics (all of heiro except del & pep), or a cat with a weak flow but decent lyrics (murs)

It's all personal taste some people aren't as picky as me which is why those artists have a fanbase, I'll say the same shit about alot of eastcoast cats too, Good talented music is a rarity these days
    test
  18. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

i have to say i dont really fully agree with this...

cuz...1st of all...yea i do agree that Game might not have done much as we hoped for like u said...

u still cant downplay what he DID do for the west...and that was bring "different types" of mainstream AND undaground listeners ears back to our coast...

becuase now because of him...and so many in the Main and Unda tryin to discredit him as bein a "real bonafied LYRICAL THUG"....this opened the door and left an empty stage/spotlight for the true emcees from the west..who not only happen to fit this new "banger in the industry" type image that is back to bein so popular...but ACTUALLY ARE thugs(not that it should matter) and incredibly gifted on a Lyrical/song writin note...

cuz now they like...well..if Game aint a real banger/thug,and is only halfway decent(of course opinions very)...then who is and where they at?...

cats like Crooked I..Sly Boogie...Mykstro...Techniec(and the whole D.C.)...Bishop Lamont...Problem and SpitFiya(compton) all have better oppertunities to blow then they EVA did b4...

how can u deny that?...tell me u aint hearin these dudes on the radio now more then say 2 years ago...when noone even noticed that was Game or knew who he was on Banks album...

hell im pretty sure even Glasses malone wouldnt have got as good a deal(if any at all), had it not been for Game and his success with his solo album.
    test
  19. j$crILLa

j$crILLa ~$crillVille~

truth is i own over 500 albums and i guarantee 300 of them are westcoast albums, either BAY OR LA... whatever. make it 400 and include houston/rapalot releases
    test
  20. YoWomisIllmatic

YoWomisIllmatic Computer Artist

I'd say it's the sound.

As far as I'm concerned Dr.Dre IS the west coast sound and I guess DJ Quik. But those guys just don't put out as much music anymore. The last major, amazing west coast release was Chronic 2001...so yeah. Game's from the west but his album,wasn't exactly crawling with the west coast sound aside from the Dre beats.

Basically, I'm saying the west is lacking that definative "sound" right now.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.