The Walking Dead.. wtf

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by PJ Sumroc, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

I swore up and down Dales brother had her and was gonna swap her for Rick to get even... Damn near cried when the little girl got 1 deag'd tho.
    test
  2. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

Not gonna bother reading through the thread, just gonna say that as a huge fan of Kirkman's run on the comics, the show pretty much shat on my hopes of them not fucking up the translation to screen. There were maybe two episodes of the first season that I enjoyed, but the significant departures from the source storyline, underwritten original characters and the whole melodramatic arc at the CDC completely soured any hopes I had of the show honouring its source material. The explanation of the zombie situation at the CDC and the fact that the recurring cast all have multi-season contracts really deprives the show of the uncertainty that made the comics brilliant; you never knew the cause of the zombie takeover and you never knew which characters were safe from being written out. Literally NOBODY was sacred, which made the series constantly engaging. AMC done fucked up tbh
    test
  3. opus

opus Member

not gonna bother reading this post
    test
  4. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

[​IMG]
    test
  5. opus

opus Member

read your first sentence, genius.
    test
  6. DocOctopus

DocOctopus STFU and Listen

would you really wanna see something that goes directly in line with something you've already seen/read? honest question. cuz i would just be like "Hey i know what comes next" theres no SURPRISE or TWISTS!!! ya know?

same way i feel about the harry potter movies and stuff like that. at least with a BOOK you cant SEE it. but the walking dead is a comic.
    test
  7. GORLAB_OG

GORLAB_OG Chi Ali when da funds low

I agree, CDC arc was trash in my eyes... Although I personally have kind of enjoyed the sophia/farmhouse arc so far, so it's kind of given me hope. But Comic > TV show goes without saying.
    test
  8. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

I definitely see where you're coming from, and obviously the show wouldn't mean much to the fans if it was just an animation of the comics, but still, even if it doesn't follow the plot directly it's still important that it maintains the integrity and tone of the source material. One of my favourite episodes was the one with the "gang" at the elderly home. There's nothing like that in the comics, but it makes sense in their universe and complements the tone they established. Whereas the CDC arc was trite melodrama that blatantly clashed with character traits and tone from the source material. Feel me?
    test
  9. judaman

judaman New Member

Today I learned the season isn't over, its taking a break and coming back in February with a few more episodes to finish out the season.

News to me..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.