The Walking Dead.. wtf

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by PJ Sumroc, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trashyy

trashyy New Member

Man I just, was like, they obviously gonna find her, or else why hang around so long, but it was will they find her dead, a zombie, how they gonna explain shes fine and alive etc.. not that she was in the barn the whole time, I really hope they have some cool city, surburban scenes when it comes back tho, or im gonna be bored to be honest, just a lil bored tho
    test
  2. trashyy

trashyy New Member

No homo, but True Blood hasny been bad for more than a couple episodes the whole time its been running imo
    test
  3. Phaze23

Phaze23 Don't Flop

"Frank Darabont has hinted that The Walking Dead television series may adapt the original comic’s prison storyline.

He recently told reporters that the story arc, in which Rick Grimes and his fellow survivors take refuge in an abandoned Georgia prison, could form the basis for future episodes.

“It’s the joke of my career,” said the Shawshank Redemption director. “I keep getting sent to prison! It’s such a damn good idea though, isn’t it?”

He added: “That was a moment in the comic where I read it and went, ‘That’s too damn cool not to do’. It’s such a great idea.” However, Darabont dismissed the rumour that Merle Dixon (Michael Rooker) would be revealed as comic character The Governor, who eventually leads a siege on the prison."

seems like the prison ish will be crackin at some point

EDIT: it appears season 3 will be prison and the closing frames of season 2.
    test
  4. BurnTheEvidence

BurnTheEvidence Member

Darabont was fired ages ago man, that interview is ancient

prison setting is dicey for any future arc although I'd love to see it
    test
  5. trashyy

trashyy New Member

yeah i was about to say, darabont was gone in july
    test
  6. Phaze23

Phaze23 Don't Flop

yeah i found another one after that had the season 3 piece in from october this year.

DERP
    test
  7. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets You Don't Know Your Enemy

lol

What do u think my problem with the show is?

Don't talk about "character development" because a "good guy" becomes a "bad guy." And who cares if none of them are believable or have any qualities of what good writing can do for a character.

At this point, it doesn't matter what they do to the characters...

u know what... lemme just end this/cut it short with...

[​IMG]
    test
  8. 100 Bullets

Dexter is in it's 6th season. First 4 were amazing. Hate The Office or not, it changed TV. Entourage first 4 were epic, with all its flaws.

This show has had 12 episodes and 10 were weak.

u are right about 1 thing, though. I need to stop watching.
    test
  9. trashyy

trashyy New Member

Now that I think about everytime they went out looking they encountered walkers, shoulda guessed sophia was definitely a zombie already
    test
  10. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

The final 10mins was piff. Shane had me ready to murk some zombies as well.

What i liked about it is how they set it up, made it look like Shane was ready to & was taking the leadership role with the whole barn thing. But when it came down to the little girl, Rick took control back and did what it looked like no-one else was gunna/wanted to do.
    test
  11. Tsubotai

Tsubotai Winter Jamz '11

It's what happens when the budget isn't enough.
    test
  12. Jhavid Best

Jhavid Best New Member

called the girl being in the barn

[/brag]
    test
  13. Arnie Palmie

Arnie Palmie u mad?

just watched the finale, and was about to fall asleep again (like i did for the last five episodes) then shane finally went full badass.

seriously, what's the writers' logic in portraying shane as the bad guy but making him right ALL THE TIME. seriously, who ever sides with rick, dale and the old guy about the walkers in the barn are FUCKING FAGGOTS. they're zombies, and a zombie's traditional role is to be killed by the protagonists, not to live peacefully beside them.

and then there's sophia. first off, who gave a fuck after the first two search parties. second off, i think shane was letting rick kill sophia so rick could understand the foolishness of his efforts and accept the consequences for his senseless actions. best move all season.

i'm done ranting now, if you disagree with this, go watch days of our lives or some other lame soap opera, because that's what this show is without the last ten minutes of the finale.
    test
  14. 100 Bullets

[​IMG]
    test
  15. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

No, Shane just couldn't do it himself. He just looks down and stays there. Rick was being political with Herschel because it's the smart thing to do when you're trying to live in community. Period. A level head is what you need to survive, not going ham with guns. When there was nothing left, Rick saw no reason why not to put one through her eyes.

Shane didn't go full badass, he went full retard. Did you see what he was saying about Rick? Dude's delusional at this point. The fact is that he was driven to do all of that for the same reason most men go completely insane and go on a shooting spree: PUSSY. He want's her back sooooo bad right now that he just said fuck it. Rewatch.

And that, my friend, only happened because of the character development that we've been seeing.
    test
  16. serge dot T

The 4th was amazing. 1-3 had tons of filler and terrible writing, but the saving grace has been the acting and decent overall story arcs.

You're noticing more filler on this one because you're expecting more out of it, butt he truth of the matter is that the writing here is indeed better,

You should check out Hell on wheels, though. Hell of a show, no pun.
    test
  17. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

serge motherfuckin t ive missed you bro GOT DAYUM
    test
  18. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

1 thing that made NOOOOOOO sense to me about looking for the girl was that they lost her at least a few miles from where the farm was and they had been at the farm for a few days, lets say a week MINIMUM...now what the fuck were the odds of
    1. that stupid little girl surviving
    2. her being anywhere near them

which lead ME to predict that the only way the girl is alive was that she found another community that had been taking care of her, i thought they'd find her and the other community of survivors when they left the farm and that would segway into the next portion of the season
    test
  19. serge dot T

I felt like she was gone and taken up by another group. Carl's wound was serious and he looks like he's made a full recovery, meaning that it's been more than a few weeks. Blind hope is why they kept looking for her, but that's what you do for one of your group, even though towards the end, even her mom had given up.

I like how they killed Sophia off instead of her. This is all way dif from the comic.
    test
  20. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I thought the finale was pretty good. Not as much excitement as I had hoped for, but not bad at all. I thought the whole barn scene was great. I expected Sophia to be found as a zombie at some point, so yeah.. that was kind of predictable. But it was a cool way to end it. I thought they were gonna hand a gun to her mother to kill her, but Shane did it. All I know is they need some new scenery.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.