The Walking Dead.. wtf

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by PJ Sumroc, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Am I the only one who's been fucking bored out of my mind the past few episodes of season 2? I liked the first 2 epsiodes, but they are dragging ass. I've hated the last 3 episodes. Im a HUGE fan of the comic...I just re read through issue 56 or something..if they had stuck with the comic..i really think people would be feeling the show more. What yall tink??
    test
  2. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

it's been way too boring

they had their budget cut considerably this season, that might be (only partly) to blame
    test
  3. QuicK SyllaBle

QuicK SyllaBle New Member

I never read the comic...First Season was bananas. I agree the first two episodes were good. The most recent episode was decent. I finally felt like with the ending of the episode things might actually start to get popping and in a more interesting direction. I thought the first season finale was amazing, and set a really high bar that they havent been able to keep up with. All in all its still a pretty good show in my eyes and im gonna continue to watch the rest of it
    test
  4. PJ Sumroc

that would make sense..specially with the lack of zombies..hadnt heard that...
    test
  5. PJ Sumroc

honestly if you read it now it might depress you cuz you will see how good the show could be. Robert Kirkman always said that would make the comic and the show 2 different entities , but man,, I really wish they would just do the comic straight up. Regardless Im going to watch the show. I just dont if Grimes on the show will turn out as badass as he is in the comic.
    test
  6. Coolstorybro

Coolstorybro Well-Known Member

yea the city scenes were soo epic in the first season. so far all of s2 has been in the forest with minimal zombie encounters. i understand its a character driven drama but lets be real people watch this show to see some zombie carnage and theres not nearly enough
    test
  7. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

it'd be different if they were developing interesting characters

but at this point the characters are all dopey idiots except the redneck lml
    test
  8. PJ Sumroc

ok good im glad im not the only hating the show lately. Its sucks though, cuz its literally the best comic Ive ever read. Really fucked up shit goes down in the comic. I dont know how some really key awesome stuff will translate.
    test
  9. PJ Sumroc

For starters Shane should have been killed before the 1st season was over...but they kept him alive so they can drag out the drama. And the lost little girl doesnt even happen in the comic at all. So basically they've just created a bunch of filler shit to drag out the seasons from what i can tell. Seriously who fucking cares about the lost girl? any one?
    test
  10. QuicK SyllaBle

its probably better i dont read the comic then lol.

Another one that comes to mind is Resident Evil. I think if they woulda kept more to how the games were it wouldve been better.

Either way im not ready to jump ship yet. Ive definitely lost a bit of interest in the show but overall im still gonna watch
    test
  11. QuicK SyllaBle

this situation really pissed me off. First of all how the little girl even got lost was retarded. The fact she is still missing hopefully will turn into something otherwise im gonna be even more angry lol
    test
  12. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Comics great. They're doing something right now called "story development". Season 1 moved super fast and left a lot out. They're also on a secluded farm where barely any zombies come through.
    test
  13. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

from what i've read, that's because one of AMC's ideas for budget cuts was to have fewer zombies on camera and shoot at least 50% of the show indoors
    test
  14. PJ Sumroc

I know!..She just gets up and runs off in some random direction. Fuckin Rick even told her which side to keep the sun on if they got separated. Made no sense.
    test
  15. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Once they get to the prison, they'll save a shitload, lol. Man, I loved that arch.

Dunno if you read the comics, though.
    test
  16. PJ Sumroc

I know thats why its hard to watch the show right now.
    test
  17. PJ Sumroc

Thats what im waiting for. How far have you read into the comic? The way their adding characters and stretching out plot lines i wouldnt be surprised if seeing the prison for the first time is this season's finale.
    test
  18. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

nah i never read the comic but zombies in a prison sounds intriguing lol
    test
  19. PJ Sumroc

Its badass. I pray to jeebus they keep that in the show...
    test
  20. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I have followed the show since the first episode. I agree that it has been kind of boring lately. There needs to be a great episode sooner or later to keep us all interested. It has still been good, just far from great. Keeps me watching.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.