The Universal Delusion

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Anidawehi, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

[funny]

Oooh Oooh, Psychoanalysis time . . . . yaaay

You didn't offend me. I'm not a nihilist. You probably picture me in your mind as one of those brooding types who are always angry. Maybe like Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets"? That's your perception. But I'm far from that and there's no need for me to explain myself to you.

To be always happy or always angry is unhealthy.
    That is a disturbed mind.

To answer your question, yes . . . as a child I was like this.
    I've always been this way. This is who I am and I will remain this way until I die.

Now, as for that quote. You have read it with your already established beliefs and are comparing it to your already researched ideas about nihilism. It is more like Buddhism. Research buddhism and then you will understand the concept of extinction.

To simply be what you are at the current moment is the most natural thing in the Universe. Everything is changing and evolving so change and evolve with it. You are your actions and nothing more. Your ideas in your head of "you" are illusions. They are not real. They are meaningless. People who live their lives trying to accomplish something are wasting their lives. People who hide away and don't do anything also are wasting their lives. Just live and stop worrying about meaning and purpose. When it's over it's over and your entire life will mean nothing unless you understand that all we have is the present moment. The past and future aren't real.

Don't try to psychoanalyze me though, you're wasting your time.
    test
  2. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

ay i really feel you on this. sometimes i just want to find a easy type job to mke just enough money to eat decent and read comic books all day. like fuck all that stressful shit i see most other people putting themselves through. theyre throwing their lives away. but at the same time i think this im rmeinded of what mickey said to rocky

Rocky: I been comin' here for six years, and for six years ya been stickin' it to me, an' I wanna know how come!
    Mickey: Ya don't wanna know!
    Rocky: I wanna know how come!
    Mickey: Ya wanna know?
    Rocky: I WANNA KNOW HOW!
    Mickey: OK, I'm gonna tell ya! You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!
    Rocky: It's a living.
    Mickey: IT'S A WASTE OF LIFE!

its a waste of life. rocky had real talent but he ws just content with doing just enough to get by nd by that never fulfilling his potential in life. this to, i guess, is like throwing ones life away.

so damn thats a confusing thing to come away from cause both philosophies contradict w/ each other and yet both are seemingly right. in the end though, i think what mickey was saying was what youre saying are true only when combined with each other. that its wrong to deny your fullest potential just as its wrong to let it consume you whole.
    test
  3. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

They don't contradict each other. Living in the moment and being what you are doesn't mean picking up a job just to get by. It means taking your natural abilities and perfecting them to the best that you can and using them to give back to humanity.
    test
  4. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

naw i mean the buddhist philosophy of detaching from your desire and mickey's philosophy of pursuing your desire. these do, by definition, contradict. my whole point was to show that both philosophies are lacking unless one takes both and finds a balance between em.

i guess we asgree.
    test
  5. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Yea, we agree on one thing. Neither of us have the answer and we're both trying to figure it out by reflecting our ideas off each other.
    test
  6. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

check out www.everydayzen.com or org...

it has a bunch of nice articles dealing with desire and its place in our lives. there is also an interesting look at the torah and the ideas being related to enlightenment and what not.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I find myself in cynical and obnoxious embodiment. And thus is why I loved that movie the libertine. Like depps character only finding meaning to life in the form of theatre, I too can only find the meaning to life by setting up a mirror infront of it.

I think it's funny man sees himself as a intelligent creature. When really we are simplely but creatures of natural habit and basic instinct, our main characteristics we all share and expose are, sex, sleeping, eating, and relieving excrement. We live day after day plagued by those four natural curses, subjecting to those four Requirements, more than anything else. Those four fundamental biological counterparts is of every human creature which binds them to subpar levels and why desire for enlightenment usually never pans out. We've always been slaves to those four curses of our natural characteristics. Once nothing pans out for the M.onkey, the M.onkey's thought process devolves into Idiom consciousness such as, "I've jump out of the frying pan and into the fire" Though most the m.onkey's do try to achieve beyond those four realms of necessity, I can't help but ponder then explain the only reason they do so is to feel more socially important and interesting. Thus, Enters the bible and religion, the m.onkey's have now convinced themselves Life has Purpose they've even tricked themselves and generations into believing this is true, as centuries dissipate, even those m.onkey's who believe themselves to be Enlightend above all other m.onkey's establish new meaning to life and purpose by turning on the less educated m.onkey's view. This is where the advanced m.onkey enters the realm of partisan politics, acquiring wealth, sociological status, science, political science, civics, literature, and economics. Begs the question why does the advanced m.onkey do this? One could counter, why does the m.onkey do any of it all besides those four characteristics? Another counter to this is to say the advanced m.onkey has an advanced brain from that of a barn yard animal which is capable of progressively learning but not reaching enlightenment. Yes, but what about m.onkey's Society? Don't all the m.onkey's grow up in homogeneous society, Therefore wouldn't all the m.onkey's behavior be the same? Answer is, century after century, it has.

Some m.onkey's progressivly learn.
    some m.onkey's focus on religion and purpose.
    some m.onkey's only follow the four characteristics.

Whatever, the m.onkey's focus is in life, none of it will lead to enlightenment. The m.onkey may experience epiphanies, but the m.onkey will never reach Nirvana, because the m.onkey is really just trying to trick his m.onkey self into believing he's not a m.onkey at all just like the m.onkey trys to trick himself into believing anything else exists beyond this world. That said, All that the m.onkey's I mention are really about are the four similar characteristics.
    test
  8. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Yea, you borrowed that entire rant about the •••••• from the scene where he wanted to pose with the •••••• instead of his wife (who he said looked liked a "gaudy female ••••••")

Good movie.
    Good moral.

The moral wasn't that we are all mon-keys, btw.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

ummm no.

My human analogous m.onkey meaning was something I thought up. Had nothing to do with me wanting to be in a picture with a m.onkey over my wife. And I never thought the moral of the movie was were all m.onkey's. Nor did I suggest the movie was about that. that's a seperate issue entirely.

But like a good little mokey, Your job is to fling shit, at other m.onkey's.
    So I understand.
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The Movie was about a selfcentered, cynical, atheist, rational poet, Who believed life had no meaning, And the only meaning in life he did find was through theatre. And when he finally fell in love the love was not reciprocated in the end. However, in the end he learned from Elizabeth the one he truely did love that life does offer meaning outside the theatre. though he died a diseased drunk that never reached beyond his full potentional. Rochester was a man that took everything for granted even himself while ironically pursuing all his tempations.
    test
  11. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Nice breakdown . . . I know what the movie was about. I own it. One of my favorites actually. Not sure which is better, Libertine or Blow.

As for the slingin shit statement . . . [​IMG]
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

LMAO@ the S&M gif.

Yeah blow is a great peice of dramatic art with a lot of ups and downs. But for me the libertine wins hands down, Because it's not only centered around drama it is drama, plus I liked the more poetic 17th century dialogue and rational of that time.

Both are great flims though. Why he wastes his time with movies like Pirates of the caribbean is beyond my realm of comprehension. He Must do it for his kids.

We're just two m.onkey's talking about movies made by other m.onkey's staring some famous m.onkey's.
    test
  13. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Maybe that's why my grandmother always used to say, "You're funny as a mon-key."
    I never understood how a mon-key was funny but I'd always just nod and play along.

My favorite scene in the Libertine is probably one you haven't even noticed. It's so subtle but it cracks me up everytime I see it. It's the part in the beginning where the King calls Depp over in the playhouse and talks to him and then goes quiet and Depp is just lookin at him, the King looks back, then Depp looks back, then the King looks back . . . shit is hilarious. The look on Depp's face is priceless. That's the type of look I give people all the time.

Oh yea, and the part where the whore is blowin him and he's reciting poetry about his prick. Funny shit. Yea, Libertine is better. What was I thinkin?
    test
  14. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Sad shit is, most people our age would never even sit through that movie.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

For me, it was when Rochester stared at Downs for a few dramatic seconds then called him over calmly and then slapped him across the face, telling him to know his place. That's how I get down. John was 100% correct when he told Downs in the beginning of the movie he wouldn't make it in their company. Kid, got stabbed like meat on a stick. Also liked the part where he told his friend, he was plagiarizer of his friends wit. meaning himself.

John Malkovich was excellent as the king.
    test
  16. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

The kid only got stabbed because John abandoned him while the kid was defending John. When he slapped him though, that was classic. "Come here."
    *Backhand* "Now go sit down."

Malcovich murders every role he's ever played. Should be more widely recognized.

His role in "Of Mice and Men" was classic.
    And Con Air? He made that movie worth watching.
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Actually brahman convinced me con air is pretty corny. Not one of Malcovich's better roles. Malcovich seems to be better at shakespearean roles. Though he is a profound character actor.

Rochester picked the wrong fight, was too drunk or something to give a shit, and just did nothing after downs was stabbed to death. I also recall John was called a coward for not defending Downs death.

Also loved the part when the king condemed john to be himself for the rest of his days. That was the rawest line of punishment in the whole movie. LOL@ john's dildo parody to the king's reign.

Depp was wild in that flick.

Of Mice and Men, Excellent book. And yes, Malcovich owned the part of lenny. Can I pet the Rabbits george? "neck breaks"
    test
  18. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Lt. Dan playin George still cracks me up.
    Everytime I see him now I think of Forrest Gump.
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Yeah Gary Sinise is analogous to child star syndrome. He made his name in forrest gump so to the public he'll forever be Lt. Dan. Much like Corey Feldman will always be "mouth" from the Goonies.

Sad shit really, Because gary sinise is an ok actor.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.