the truth about shawn marion

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

hell, i don't even have to say anything... he shows it time and time again

an overrated stat inflater on both ends of the court

shawn fails to show up again, and gets outdueled by lamar "the untradable triple-double asset" ODOM!!!

better than tracy mcgrady?

hahahahaha, lovely! the matrix probably wouldn't have won a playoff GAME let alone a series if he were in t-mac's playoff situations and forced to carry more of a load.

***this insurmountably truthful and logical post should receive no challenges***
    test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

[​IMG]

"waaa waaa! i want more attention so i have to go to the papers complaining about too much credit being given to steve and amare!"

you want attention? average more than 11 ppg when you play the spurs, and please... please outplay lamar "the untradable triple-double asset" odom! can you do that once???

what an overrated HACK!
    test
  3. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

Shawn Marion is a good player. Just as good as odom.

Odom didnt even give me reason to bitch tonight, played a good game. Couple silly turnovers, but they werent costly.
    test
  4. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

brahman, have you always been a laker fan?
    test
  5. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

no, not a lakers fan... a lamar odom fan

i guarantee that no matter the outcome of the series, lamar odom will have outplayed shawn marion in every single game
    test
  6. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

No news flash here.

Marion was exposed last year in the playoffs.

Lol.. so this year, with no Amare to take away attention... as the second option, Marion is going to perform better than last year, when he had to just be the third option?

The difference in his ability to perfom in those seperate roles, is enhanced more as he becomes less of an option, instead of taking an increased role.

As a third option, Marions lack of ability to create his own shot is mitigated, because he gets his shots in the flow of the game (put backs, alleyoops, spot up threes). This also allows him to get back on defense and do all the other little things that are part of his game.

But as the 2nd option go to guy, he is exposed and is forced to take shots outside of his comfort zone, which trickles down to the rest of his game.

And then when an offensively player is going at him consitently and challenging him, he expends the energy on defense, and is made an even worse offensive player, which since he's the 2nd option, hurts that much more.

See the weakness in Marion's game.

He is a 3rd Cog guy, an important piece to the Suns, but less effective when you try to make him a more dominant role, because he's not equipped to do that with his skillsets.
    test
  7. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

lamar odom is a crackhead
    test
  8. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

dude gives up like 70 pounds and 3 feet on odom.

give the guy a break.

you hate on dude like hes a two time MVP winning white guy

haha

ease off.
    test
  9. Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee u unno me!

he's a hustle player.. always has been, always will be.. nothing wrong with that
    test
  10. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

compare Shawns Game 2 to Kobes Game 1. there similar on the offensive end as far as stats go. Marion gaurded a guy way taller way bigger then him, with alot less reach and did as good as anyone on the team could have. he had a bad game. and unlike someone like Tracey or Kobe. he didnt compact his bad game by taking a million shots. he tried to pick it up in other areas. I'll take a Marion bad game over a Tracey bad game anyday
    test
  11. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

No one hates Larry Bird.

I think it's more so because he's canadian.
    test
  12. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

shawn marion is not a team player.. thats why he's suffering. in an interview, he said that he doesnt need help guarding anybody and he prides himself on going 1-on-1 with the opposition. imo thats detrimental to the team. this dude's ego is way too big. no player can do it by themselves and he needs to realize that he needs help, or else odom will constantly murk him on both ends of the court
    test
  13. Final Chapta

because the dude wants to handle it himself, hes not a team player ?

lol .. thats balls son
    test
  14. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

then you do not understand the game of basketball

when t-mac has bad games, he still racks up the assists and makes others' jobs easier

big game shawn marion can't do that... when he has bad games, it hurts his team a LOT more because of his inability to make plays and his teammates better

have fun watching your boy get schooled by lamar odom in every game of this series. it'll happen...
    test
  15. Final Chapta

test
  16. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

everything brahman posts is just for tmacs sake...

he gets on kobe because he tries to prove tmacs better than him..

he gets on marion because people said marion had a better year than twack.

this guys obession has gone from funny to scary as hell.
    test
  17. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

this was not posted for "t-mac's sake"

it's to add more evidence for shawn marion's statistical overratedness

t-mac was included because when profane began to hype up shawn marion, one of the first things he said was "marion > twack" as if that was a necessary comment to make to point out marion's merits
    test
  18. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

any fact can be used and Marion>Twack is a fact so i'll use it as i wish.
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

sure any fact can be used, but that is not a fact. that is a shock value instrument used for the sole purpose of trying to provoke a brahman response.

its ridiculousness is already evident but will be further enhanced if the suns fail to advance. surely the matrix can be better than lamar odom with a two-time mvp to help him out, right? one would think so.
    test
  20. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Suns have no post presence. the Lakers are actually playing like a team for once and taking advantage of that. Suns will win the series i have no doubt in my mind. And Shawn Marion will do just fine in this series. game 3 he did well. there is alot more to a game then scoring. and when it mattered in the game he scored just fine.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.