the Tree of knowledge of Good & Evil.. what does this mean?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Alias3000, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

It's simple. It means that once mankind found out the differrence between Good and Evil, he immediately became subject to Satan's(Shatan) influence and fell victim to Evil because Satan made it more attractive than following Good.
    Mankind is naturally weak and needed a Lord to follow, God knew this. But out of that weakness mankind disobeyed God(Lord) and open the door to Satan's rule over his life. the woe and sorrows of life being felt today(wars, abortions, murders, suicides, etc...) by mankind is a direct result of his disobedience to God and a direct result of following Satan's way, which is the way of the world. Satan says if life is too hard, kill yourself. God says, if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

This is why I've always said that mankind was born into Hell(sin) but God left us a life raft to get back to where he is in heaven. it's up to us(individually) to seek that escape route life raft.
    test
  2. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

the tree of the knowledge of good and evil deals with a doctrine. a perception. an intellect. a mind. an ideal (ology). conceptualization. a way of life or a life (death) style. one laced with deception. one that seems progressive, innovative, possative, good... but, it produce a great evil. sense gratification and emotional refreshment... religion. a false sense of "freedom" which Satan gives you in exchange for your life. for example, newports may feel and taste good but, the end result is evil cancer. to eat animal flesh and blood... and so on and on... we were not created (instructed) that we were able to do, say, eat, wear just anything and live. in fact, in the Genesis, Yah gave the perfect man a perfect diet and perfect instructions that he might live for at least seven days (7000 years) and man ruined it all in less than a day... now, Satan continues to decieve us into thinking that we can continue to walk contrary to Yahs Laws and through grace, and science, we can continue to have no discipline and still obtain everlasting life. until we return back unto Yah and become good and right and eat from the tree of life, we will continue to die...
    test
  3. Alias3000

you just said I what I said, but with more animation. so I hope you weren't trying to argue/debate with me, because I agree with you 100%. all except the Yah part. that's the name you give God and it's your right. not my place to judge a man for what HE believes God's name is.
    test
  4. Volaticus

Volaticus Anarcho-Capitalist

Man has a certain specific nature, and part of that nature is reason. We have the unique capacity to use our reason to discover the difference between good and evil, and the ability to consciously choose between them. Without reason, there can be no discovery, and without discovery there can be no conscious choice. The story of the tree is allegory for the dawning of man's reason, our ascension from non-human primates to human beings.

The greatest evil in the world is the initiation of violent force to deprive individuals or groups of individuals of their rights to self-ownership and justly acquired material possessions. The greatest perpetrator of this evil is government; Indeed, government cannot exist without the initiation of force.

"The State says that citizens may not take from another by force and against his will that which belongs to another. And yet the State through its power to tax "legitimately" does just that .... More essentially, the State says that a person may use force upon another only in self-defense, i.e. only as a defense against another who initiated the use of force. To go beyond one's right of self-defense would be to aggress on the rights of others, a violation of one's legal duty. And yet, the State by its claimed monopoly forcibly imposes its jurisdiction on persons who may have done nothing wrong. By doing so it aggresses against the rights of its citizens, something which its rules say citizens may not do." --Randy E. Barnett, Fuller, Law, and Anarchism

Even more damning is Lysander Spooner's condemnation of the State in No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority, written in 1869:

"The THEORY of our Constitution is, that all taxes are paid voluntarily; that our government is a mutual insurance company, voluntarily entered into by the people with each other; that each man makes a free and purely voluntary contract with all others who are parties to the Constitution, to pay so much money for so much protection, the same as he does with any other insurance company; and that he is just as free not to be protected, and not to pay tax, as he is to pay a tax, and be protected.

But this theory of our government is wholly different from the practical fact. The fact is that the government, like a highwayman, says to a man: "Your money, or your life." And many, if not most, taxes are paid under the compulsion of that threat.

The government does not, indeed, waylay a man in a lonely place, spring upon him from the roadside, and, holding a pistol to his head, proceed to rifle his pockets. But the robbery is none the less a robbery on that account; and it is far more dastardly and shameful.

The highwayman takes solely upon himself the responsibility, danger, and crime of his own act. He does not pretend that he has any rightful claim to your money, or that he intends to use it for your own benefit. He does not pretend to be anything but a robber. He has not acquired impudence enough to profess to be merely a "protector." and that he takes men's money against their will, merely to enable him to "protect" those infatuated travellers, who feel perfectly able to protect themselves, or do not appreciate his peculiar system of protection. He is too sensible a man to make such professions as these. Furthermore, having taken your money, he leaves you, as you wish him to do. He does not persist in following you on the road, against your will; assuming to be your rightful "sovereign," on account of the "protection" he affords you. He does not keep "protecting" you, by commanding you to bow down and serve him; by requiring you to do this, and forbidding you to do that; by robbing you of more money as often as he finds it for his interest or pleasure to do so; and by branding you as a revel, a traitor, and an enemy to your country, and shooting you down without mercy, if you dispute his authority, or resist his demands. He is too much of a gentleman to be guilty of such impostures, and insults, and villanies as these. In shore, he does not, in addition to robbing you, attempt to make you either his dupe or his slave.

The proceedings of those robbers and murderers, who call themselves "the government," are directly the opposite of these of the single highwayman.

In the first place, they do not, like him, make themselves individually known; or, consequently, take upon themselves personally the responsibility of their acts. On the contrary, they secretly (by secret ballot) designate some one of their number to commit the robbery in their behalf, while they keep themselves practically concealed. They say to the person thus designated:

Go to A_____ B_____, and say to him that "the government" has need of money to meet the expenses of protecting him and his property. If he presumes to say that he has never contracted with us to protect him, and that he wants none of our protection, say to him that that is our business, and not his; that we CHOOSE to protect him, whether he desires us to do so or not; and that we demand pay, too, for protecting him. If he dares to inquire who the individuals are, who have thus taken upon themselves the title of "the government," and who assume to protect him, and demand payment of him, without his having ever made any contract with them, say to him that that, too is our business, and not his; that we do not CHOOSE to make ourselves INDIVIDUALLY known to him; that we have secretly (by secret ballot) appointed you our agent to give him notice of our demands, and, if he complies with them, to give him, in our name, a receipt that will protect him against any similar demand for the present year. If he refuses to comply, seize and sell enough of his property to pay not only our demands, but all your own expenses and trouble beside. If he resists the seizure of his property, call upon the bystanders to help you (doubtless some of them will prove to be members of our band.) If, in defending his property, he should kill any of our band who are assisting you, capture him at all hazards; charge him (in one of our courts) with murder; convict him, and hang him. If he should call upon his neighbors, or any others who, like him, may be disposed to resist our demands, and they should come in large numbers to his assistance, cry out that they are all rebels and traitors; that "our country" is in danger; call upon the commander of our hired murderers; tell him to quell the rebellion and "save the country," cost what it may. Tell him to kill all who resist, though they should be hundreds of thousands; and thus strike terror into all others similarly disposed. See that the work of murder is thoroughly done; that we may have no further trouble of this kind hereafter. When these traitors shall have thus been taught our strength and our determination, they will be good loyal citizens for many years and pay their taxes without a why or a wherefore.

It is under such compulsion as this that taxes, so called, are paid. And how much proof the payment of taxes affords, that the people consent to "support the government," it needs no further argument to show."
    test
  5. Alias3000

Reason is a trick of the Devil. period. Reasoning is what cause Eve to fall victim to the serpant. Reasoning is what got mankind in the pickle he's in to this day. mankind Reasons to the point where he has effectively Reasoned away the existence of God. hence, the Atheists.

When God allowed Adam to name every animal on the planet, he didn't use Reason, he just named them. whatever came out was the animals name. form Lions to Tigers to Ants.
    test
  6. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

IMO, the apple represents the curse of hunger in every sense. The need of proper nutrition. The need of knowledge, the knowledge which is God's. An introduction of taste that came from the root of all, choices of good and evil. We have to aquire knowledge as Eve acquired the apple. God gave, but the snake took. We have been cursed to choose between the voice of God or of the snake. God created a soul of potential energy, the snake is a soul, a soul who made decisions that will go against God. She ate the apple and so did Adam, then disobedience existed, thus the disorders, diseases and etc. What goes around comes around. An apple's life is determine by man as the man's life is determine by an apple. "You reap what you sow".

The snake represents all evil, such as disease, disorders and etc. that is hereditary, has been introduced to the body of Eve, that cursed every being on this planet through the apple, that has given us hunger that symbolizes the concept of limitation. The taste represents our senses that brought vanity. We had no appetite until Eve introduced the concept of decision in our nature that has led us to eat the apple. You do not follow your own senses because it was introduced by satan, but of God's. He given us proper nutrition through food not because of its contribution to taste but because it is good for your body. The bite of apple brought the concept of greed being aquired through vanity. The apple open the door for many attributes of sin to cross the threshold to spoil the soul of infants. We are not made to handle the great responsibilities of the power of knowledge. Remember Adam and Eve WANTED to take what they didn't NEED. They did not know what the effect was going to be, which means they are not prepare for what may come. Our lifetime goal is to learn the means of wants and needs.
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i agree, though in terms of evolution... immoral psychopaths do have their own role in the evolution of man. the majority of us have morality for the benefit of the species.. a select amount have amorality for that same reason.

----

well i don't think you have to worry... looks like you do a pretty good job ignoring Reason.
    test
  8. Volaticus

Volaticus Anarcho-Capitalist

Alias: To borrow language from Genesis, reason is the only thing that separates man from the myriad beasts that inhabit the earth and seas and skies, and lacking the power of tooth and claw, reason is the only thing that has allowed man to have dominion over them. Reason is mankind's soul.
    test
  9. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

no, i am not here to challenge you. and as for the name of the Creator, my belief is rooted in Hebrewisms... so, the Lord God (Yah) of the Bible is He who i give props to (along with His Anointed Personages i.e. Moshe, Avraham, Yehuddah and Ben Ammi HaMashiahk). it was He who chose the language, people and the name that He would be called... not me. in tha beginning was the word so, words are important. they are spirit, they are life. vibration... sound. frequencies... realms. jus remember, sound is equal to matter! it/we can never be created nor destroyed.
    test
  10. Alias3000

yeah I picked that up when you said Yah I figure you was Hebrew. the Hebrews(dark skin) are direct descendents of the Isrealites, God's followers, the real Jews. as are the Christians(Jews who put the name "Christ" on their belief to make it clear who they follow). the Pale jews are actually Europeans posing as Jews and practicing as Jews but they are evil. you notice most Jews that are pale-faced(amish Jews, etc..) don't recognize the dark-skin Jew(Hebrew), which are actually closer to God than they are. i may be wrong and correct me if I am, but it appears that way. I've never heard or seen a pale-faced jew claim to be Hebrew also.

Jesus Christ = Yeshua
    Hebrews = Christians

word do mean a lot. and over time words have to adapt to make sure the lineage stays intact.
    test
  11. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

[​IMG]

see, here we go with this skin thing... a Hebrew is older than Israel and Juddah (Yeshrael Yehuddah). Eber (Evreet heb., Hebrew eng.) great grandfather of Abraham is where we get the Evreet from or the word Hebrew, he was the grandson of Shem (the Highway of the Holy Seed- to Issac, Jacob, the priest, the king, The Holy Messiah... then the king priest Messiah. nevertheless, skin has little to do with the physical blood of the Hebrews (who was first). we mixed with other peoples and cultures; religions. we still do. so, dont get side tracked by skin, look at what a man do and allow him to judge himself.
    test
  12. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

:screwy: words? not "meaning" son. and since words translate meaning, its dangerous to witness the use of words and not know the context in which its bein used...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.