The Town = "Set It Off"..... 7/10.. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by MeSko, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

So we opted on the town because the movie lady said Devil sucked...

Rock Solid 7 out of 10, once again RM overrated movies, IMDB has a 8.7 score but only 690 votes so expect that to drop rapidly in the next week or so.. Comparing this movie to Inception is a joke.. Inception is 20 times better

People say this movie is comparable to HEAT are utterly retarded cuz HEAT is a classic that actually went into depths in the movie on the heists and set up and character development..

(Spoilers)

This one was like "hey lets go rob Fenway".... "Cool Im down".. throw on a cop uniform and they rob Fenway, lol... If it wasn't for snitchy sis, they would've robbed Fenway, looooooool

All I could think of through this entire movie was this was the 4 white guys from Boston version of the 4 black girls from LA Set It off

Spoilers.................

Spoilers..................

Ben Affleck is basically Jada Pinkett, Jada Pinkett Robs bank of guy who she falls in love with, Ben Affleck Robs bank of girl he falls in love with...

Jada wants out, put Latifah pulls her in by force, Benny wants out, his boy pulls him in by force..

Girl with baby threatened to have child taken away, same with The Town, Girl dies in the middle of robbery, guy dies in the middle of robbery..

Latifah dies in a going out with glory blasting through cop cars, Fat guy from the town dies the exact same way... Vivica A Fox dies in the street guns drawn, same with The Town

Jada escapes to mexico beach house, makes contact with lover in the identical wording Ben Affleck escapes to Florida Lake House

Main cop is an asshole, constantly working around the clock to capture them, then watches cop car pull off randomly with Affleck bouncing... Main cop is an asshole, constantly working around the clock to capture them, then watches jada dip off on a bus

so on and so forth...

This movie was a Set It of Clone and Id say Set It Off was better
    test
  2. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

the more i think of it this movie gets weaker by the second
    test
  3. topone

topone New Member

watched this movie today and i have to agree, this movie was disappointing considering the reviews it has been receiving. it's like 93% with 120 reviews on rotten tomatoes.
    i thought the first half of the movie was pretty good but i just didnt really care for doug and claire's relationship; the fenway robbery was a big letdown too.
    this movie was just so-so. gone baby gone was far better than this.
    test
  4. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

very overrated

good, not great
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

I agree

I expected a litte more, but it was straight. Solid movie, enjoyed it but it wasnt great.
    test
  6. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

its ben afflic , 7.5 is like 15/10 stars

gone baby gone was trash this probably wont be Much better

piff probably got it in his top favorite movies list
    test
  7. Mr. Truth

Mr. Truth Well-Known Member

93% on Rotten Tomatoes

im gonna have to at least give it a shot
    test
  8. Mr. Truth

Mr. Truth Well-Known Member

dude said gone baby gone was trash
    test
  9. spike spiegal

spike spiegal sincere

It definitely had its cliche moments and characters, but I thoroughly enjoyed the character's dialog, development and the whole authenticity of it all. The action scenes were awesome, the heists were brilliant (maybe too brilliant), but through it all I was glued to the screen. Something about it made me care. Definitely a good heist movie, and worth seeing again.

lol @ gone baby gone being trash
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.