The Supreme Court endorses the personal right to own guns.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Turk., Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk.

Turk. Guest

Many people have a tendency to allow our likes and dislikes to influence our judgment of what is true and false. I am one of these people. I dislike guns. I am alienated from the American gun culture. Men who collect guns they don’t need, and men who go into the woods in order to kill animals are different from me. I don’t particularly like those men.

Nevertheless, I am going to reserve judgment on this Supreme Court decision. As the result of it, many gun control laws will be overturned. Gun ownership is going to increase. My intuition tells me the crime rate will increase. If it does not, or if there is a decrease I will acknowledge that I am mistaken.

If the crime rate increases, and if this increase can be linked to yesterday’s Supreme Court Decision, I would like for the Second Amendment to be repealed. When considering a gun control law the question should be: “What effect will this have on the crime rate?” and not: “Is this law consistent with the Second Amendment?”
    test
  2. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

Fuck off, pussy.
    test
  3. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

Guns are way too accessible to the general public so...
    test
  4. JaMmY dAvIsJR

JaMmY dAvIsJR New Member

i'll shove a gun in your twat
    test
  5. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

there will be plenty of research on the very question you're curious about...

just like the research that showed crime rates rose shortly after the death penalty was brought back in a number of states during the 1970s

(for the slow folks...the above does not mean, nor is intended imply, that death penalty causes crime. thanks.)
    test
  6. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Of course you dont like those men. Theyre the heart, soul and bulging biceps of western civillisation, Youre just a mook.

No they wont. Read scalia's opinion.

Levels of gun ownership will probably increase, but so what? the question is not how many people have guns but who have guns. Any increase in the aggregate level of gun ownership will be overwhelmingly brought about by the purchases of those who were previously dissauded from aquiring a gun due to its illegality ie. law abiding people.

The cheif effect of this ruling will be to reduce the inequality of ownership between those who use guns for criminal purposes and those who use them for perfectly legitimate ones.

Dont worry. The 'living constitution', the legal principle that there are no legal principles, is still the reigning orthodoxy of the legal profession. With an obama presidency all but certain it wont be too long before it reasserts itself on the supreme court.
    test
  7. Radium

Radium f k

teq at first i always thought you were just joking but your views are the most non-pussy getting views I've ever witnessed. pussy is not attracted to these views you have. and by pussy i mean women, the female race.
    test
  8. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

He called him a mook.
    test
  9. Tequila Jong-il

"The tender breasts of ladies were not formed for political convulsions and the French ladies miscalculate much their own happiness when they wander the true field of their influence into that of politicks" - thomas jefferson

I appreciate your body language has tourettes and youre forced to 'connect as people' or whatever it is your type have to do in order to get a hoe open. But bulls like the kid here woo bitches with the sheer force of their masculinity.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

yeah, tourettes

you're 42

grab the burner
    test
  11. Tequila Jong-il

I skipped this the first time but it deserves comment

I doubt even the most ardent supporter of the death penalty would suppose existing trends would magically reverse with its reintroduction. That crime rates continued to do what they had been doing is just a banal observation. Moreover the death penalty is generally only applicable to one crime: murder. Why would anyone expect it to reduce crime rates when its reintroduction was irrelevant to the bulk of crimes committed?

I appreciate your saying that you werent intending to imply that death penalty causes crime but its worth pointing out that the assumption of the cited studies - that if the death penalty possessed a deterent effect it should be measurable through as crude a proxy as crime rates - is not tenable.
    test
  12. Tequila Jong-il

yeah, your body language has tourettes, your whole look screams faggot.

btw Im 24. The middle aged thing is just something I told people because I enjoy lying.
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

teq on some reality shit every post you make is an attempt at making a joke. that speak for itself about you. you been here for a million years you have not connected to one person because you just see people as opportunties to make another joke and reassure yourself you're not as lame as you think. your political thoughts betray the fact - how disconnected you are. you can't possibly be getting pussy.

dipset, byrdgang
    test
  14. Tequila Jong-il

Im not sure about the value of drawing psychological inferences from someone's behaviour on a messageboard, still less coming from someone I havent seen make a single post 'out of character'. I use this site as a way to kill a few minutes here and there rather than as an avenue to form new relationships. You can draw whatever conclusions youd like from that. Unlike a certain person, the impression I make on people here doesnt concern me.
    test
  15. Radium

Radium f k

thats cause i don't have a character nigga I'm me. you're tequila jong iL the sad clown.
    test
  16. Tequila Jong-il

You know what struck me as odd about being accused of making nothing but joke posts - aside from it coming in a thread where I hadnt made any jokes - was that it came from someone who posts with a full blown schtick(you protest that its not but denying something so obvious just makes me think youre touchy about it being brought up). Perhaps this unprovoked hostility stems from projection, or perhaps it comes from a sad sense of competition which makes you resent my telling jokes because you want to be seen as 'the comedian'? if its the former I cant do much for you, but if its the later id be more than happy to cut down on the joke posts if you think it would help you out emotionally.
    test
  17. Radium

Radium f k

i'm aware of my schtick fully

thats how I act though so whatever the case. i got to show off because Ima a show off. I'm not going to stop showing out because I'm on a message board. maybe you dont like it thats on you. but you dont like anybody.

but seriously tesq

your posts are mostly joke posts. why are you denying that. its either that or some type of bitter conservative and overly crowded verbiage talk.

dont get mad its just the introspectrum we go at throats
    test
  18. Tequila Jong-il

interesting how your argument has changed. In one post youve gone from having no schtick to being fully aware of it and I have gone from making nothing but joke posts to mostly joke posts. There is a tacit acknowledgement of the veracity of my assement there. Obviously it doesnt mean ive hit it on the nose, but youre signalling to me there is something to it.

As far as said assessment goes I think im starting to lean more towards my projection theory for the following reasons -

a) I suddenly recalled you criticising me for my propensity to joke before and then as now it was completely out of the blue. This seems like something you carry around with you

b) Ive never denied making mostly joke posts, I like to crack, who cares? the reason it puzzled me is because your serious to 'joke' ratio of posts cannot be too disimilar to mine.

c) youve revealed that your anger towards me is not neccesarily fueled my propensity to joke but what you percieve as my motives for doing so. That would tend to give credence to the projection analysis rather than my status resentment theory.
    test
  19. Radium

Radium f k

making nothing but joke posts is pretty much the same as 90% of your posts be composed of joke posts. this is the most serious ive ever seen you act. this is strange i didnt expect you to go all out like this on some john matrix shit. usually you just toss up that one liner and keep it moving.

youre theory is well dressed and complicated but look back and notice how i just got at you about your politcal leanings. then you're the one who came back and took it onto the ether level you were asking for all that other shit at that point.
    test
  20. Tequila Jong-il

Your defence has degenerated to the point that I dont feel it will entertain me to continue this any further. I appologise if your feelings were hurt but when someone challenges me they must be crushed. That's just how it is.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.