the significance of the pope, and has there ever been a black pope? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... do you hold him in a good or bad light.

surely his lavish lifestyle in the vatican cannot be justified, seriously.

and does he hold any weight in politics, can he decide on anything at all?

if he were to wage war on some country, would the christian world follow?

just want to know if the pope is the same thing as an ameer for the muslims.

also, has there ever been a black pope? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Catholisism has some tenants that dont mesh with core msgs of christ. First you dont confess your sins to a person, let alone one you call father, nor can doing certain acts safice for sin. You are to confess sin and repent to God himself, in jesus name we have acess to the father. Nor would we pray to the mother of jesus or saints? Cast down every high thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. I dunno what bible catholics read but they cant justify many traditions they practice with the word of God.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Historically, yes I think the Pope is pretty similar although I wouldn't necessarily say he is an equivalent. You have to understand that officially, the Catholic Church sees the Pope as INFALLIBLE. I don't know how far this extends, whether it be limited to his understanding of their scriptures or if all decisions and calls he makes must be seen as the right ones in the eyes of Catholics?

When Martin Luther began writing, he spoke out against many things and gained a lot of attention. He was an opponent of the Church for a lot of reasons. The Catholic Church dubbed he and everyone who went against them Protestants, so it stuck. Protestants did away with that, and many of them to this day do not consider Catholics to even be real Christians.

There's a history of violence between Protestants and Catholics and neither side is innocent.

I think I have read that there was a black Pope at one point. Kind of odd. There may have been two actually, I'm not sure. I don't really remember. I just know there was a long time where blacks could not even be priests I think. Anyhow I'm pretty sure there was one or two black popes, or at least priests, I dunno. I think one of them is now officially recognized as a Saint but when you look at how long it took for them to do so it's pretty shady.

You can probably guess that I don't really look at the Pope in a good light.

As for how the Pope likes to throw his weight around politically, see link: http://angrygwn.mu.nu/archives/123966.php

No Separation of Church and State in his eyes, as long as there are Catholic politicians.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The Vatican = lowest age of consent (12yrs), highest crime rate (by far) in europe

random facts. lol
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

U gotta understand where the catholic church came to power it wasnt threw christ it was threw the roman empire. Catholics are fine if they accept christ as their lord and savior as are jews that believe or other religons that believe, tho u may not get to a personal relationship with him without recieving the knowledge of his word.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

infallible? really? that'd be a pretty difficult status to attain, don't you think.

so the pope has something to do with the history of violence between the protestants and the cathos, nice. learn something new everyday.

all i've seen of the latest pope is that he looks very scary, and very unlikeable at first appearance.

and that he is a very powerful figure, you'd have to be if you are the head of the richest/wealthiest country in the world (the vatican).

lol!

random fact, the word wasp came from western anglo-saxan prodestants ...

[turn] ...
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

May have been wrong about the black pope thing. Probably just thinking of saints. Pretty sure most saints are former popes though.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

I dont appreciate the catholic church having sole access to the holy relics of christianity at all. I would like more scientific work done on the shroud an the spear of destiny as some call it. Seeing as tho they botched the first significant attempt
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i've heard about the spear of destiny.

and to this day memento, i've never seen a black pope nor read about one ...

[turn] ...
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Word. It was the spear that pierced the side of jesus. It somehow got in the hands of hitler when he was in power an took over the jewish relics. An then the catholic church has it for some reason, locks it up in the vatican or something an dont let people access to it. It supposedly has a nail from the crusifiction embedded in it and other things attributed to the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.