The Saurus, why you gotta play this dude like that?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Maytrikz, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

lol a little?? thats a straight up robbery lol

I aint watch the vid but I feel for the dude....if its true....Saurus always seems hella upfront and straight forward so maybe he just forgot or got busy and this will remind him...

PEACE
    test
  2. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

a grand dont come for free
    test
  3. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

ouch.

"a fool and his money shall soon depart"

its hard for me to feel bad for dude, 'cause thats sometimes what happens when you trust a stranger. thesaurus is just another dude- albeit, a dude with an above average rapping ability, but what use is that anyways... i mean seriously. dude was worshipping another regular joe, and paid the price. hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson.
    test
  4. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

This shit sounds legit... or that guy is the best actor ever!

You can hear the break in his voice, the hurt, the pain. Wow.

"Who's your favorite rapper?" Who will be the first battle rapper to reference this video?

Big time ammo for you, Real Deal!
    test
  5. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

thats you in the video isnt it?
    test
  6. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

I can only imagine that the dude will get his verse after this though.....and it really makes saurus look like a serious douche.
    test
  7. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

weres the saurus response? gotta say something dude....damn 82 cat viewing this right now
    test
  8. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

hardest of laughed from this forum in a while , nice one
    test
  9. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i always thought of you as pretty smart, sifu. i'm surprised that you didnt cover your bases on that one. nonetheless, thats pretty cold on sean prices part. he should be ashamed of himself.
    test
  10. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

hahaha memz ftw
    test
  11. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

agreed. if this is true, then that would make thesaurus a sopping wet douche bag.

but still, this is just one side of the story.... if its even true...
    test
  12. Max Silver

Max Silver In the kitchen

Hmm, how much does rappers take for a 16? Is $250 considered a lot or under priced?
    test
  13. SiFu

yo GP hahaha I'm actually very foolish when it comes to 'rapping business' hahaha I have far to much trust and faith in people.....I aint know him but knew the people who put us in contact, still my bad tho.....

Sean P doing that I understand, he dont know me his raps says it all he's grimy lol what more did he need to say??? lol

Someone else ripping me off I dont understand, they know who they is and I'm hella bitter about it.....

PEACE
    test
  14. DJisGOD

DJisGOD New Member

depends on the mc,you can get canibus on a track for $1000 or so ,really though who the fuck pays battle rappers to appear on tracks,i understand paying redman or sean p or any big name for that matter,but i would never pay a battle mc for a verse.
    test
  15. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

f'sho, i know what you mean man... everyone takes a couple losses here and there in life. when dealing with a stranger, its much easier to get over than when it was someone who you thought was a friend.... i've had homies pull some real janky shit on me in the past, and its hella hard to get over it.
    test
  16. Sensei Sounds

Sensei Sounds Certified Brappee

If I'm not mistaken, he just said somethin' that might win him an oscar.
    test
  17. SiFu

DJisGOD I think its opposite homie...for me Sean P was like the dopest rapper and it was like a dream to get him on a track....sameways for Brooklyn Academy....I never thought getting a track with them would help me sell....I just wanted to be on a track with them (hence why I've only put up the Block Mr Met track and not the PH and Block tract etc etc its not important for me for others to hear them lol I do music for me right now...too old for fame lol)....I aint know them so I offered to compensate their time what I thought was a fair price...I'm a stand up dude I stick to my word and expect others to do the same init.....

If dudes genuinely like battle rappers and its kinda a dream to rap with them then hell yea compensate them for their time....if you ONLY paying rappers coz you think it gon help you sell then thats wack as fuck to me.....

PEACE
    test
  18. DJisGOD

DJisGOD New Member

nah i agree there man ,i wouldnt pay anyone just to have there name connected with my music,id collab with people i respect and if that involved compensating them then thats how it has to be.
    test
  19. Mr Barnes

Mr Barnes New Member

I can confirm that this video is entirely true. Kyle has been a childhood friend of mine and was often lied to and manipulated for his weekly newspaper delivery earnings. Unfortunately, he likes to see the positive in people and Thesaurus capitalized on poor Kyle's naive heart. Hopefully Kyle will finally receive the psychological therapy he so desperately needs, although it will be hard now that he is down 500 dollars :(
    test
  20. Max Silver

Max Silver In the kitchen

Cool, thanks for the insight. I just dont get the economics of it though, its going to take a lot for the avarage net-emcee to cover the cost of 1-2 guest apperances on an album.

I'll just make an example. I belive a digital download on bandcamp for $10 for a whole album seem pretty ok, it would take this MC 100 downloads to cover the cost of the Canibus verse. A track for $1-$2 also seem fair so if fans of canibus just want that track you need 500-1000(!) downloads of that specific track to cover it. And that seem pretty madness for me at least. Is it something people usually do?

Sure its free advertising basicly to have a famous dude on one of your tracks and gives you great exposure to his fans, the price tag seem just a little odd (it is fair, the rapper need to eat etc), especially if you have to buy beats, promote it yourself out of your own pocket and everything extra. Gotta spend money to make money I suppose :)

Sorry for derailing this fine topic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.