THE SAURUS vs. MADNESS (GTWC) official thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

Let me just say...my style is MY style...it happens to be similar to UP's but I think he is more multi than I am. either way..that's not the point...I don't think the 3 of us look at each other and go..."I want to be like him"....

Math Hoffa and Sirius Jones are similar...Jae Millz and Murder Mook are similar...

but they aren't. They are different all in the same...different enough.

That is how it is with Wiseguy, Up and myself...
    test
  2. MC_Akademix

MC_Akademix Active Member

heres a classic one that i remember as evidence to my point...i think it was scribble 2005 where it was iron against pass or somebody and iron was like:

"AND HES CORNY!!!!"

some monosyllabic line--but if you were there in person, and even on the video you can see it, it was dope...after the battle i remember borat and lush and a few folks were like, damn iron took that simple line and beasted the hell out of it.

just an example where you dont need a crazy ass rhyme scheme to sound tight.

even with your limbo under doors example bartone, i think if you say anything a certain way, whether its 10000 syllables or 1, it can sound dope. people gotta stop thinking that rapping with more syllables automatically makes shit more tight, its not true.

ak
    test
  3. Bartone

Bartone New Member

I didn't say you guys mimiced eachother. I said other people are gonna start mimicing you and the battlers I mentioned for their 'uniquness', just like how people started to copy the multi-sylabol rhyme scheme.
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

rapping with more syllables and rhyming more sounds in a line does nothing but limit the amount of things that can be said.........it does place restrictions upon the line, but more importantly it shows where the brain was while creating the line......if some rediculous display of syllables rhyme in the somewhat typical formula, then it comes down to personality and how you say shit........if you battle you should look in the mirror for inspiration, every one has their own natural swag.......but to have a noticable rap swag, you gotta embrace what makes u different from everyone.....amplify that and you will be you..........

mapleleaf said it perfect, and multi's were used for a long time, not until the era of the net were they labeled........big mistake imo....
    test
  5. MaDneSstheKing

MaDneSstheKing Critical Madness

Worldstar is home to some of the best comments ever, including such classics as "FIRST!" and "(Random City/Area Code) STAND UP!!!" about 896 times in every post.
    test
  6. apalanchau

apalanchau wtc aint nutin tafuckwit

to the multi dude, multis are just one of the things you use to sound good, or have good flow. shouldn't be made a big deal whether one uses it or not, using it does not guarantee skills. ultimately what matters is sounding good or having a good flow, and that doesn't only depend on multis, and multis won't guarantee it at all. just my opinion.

anyway really dope ass battle. my bias ass says madness should've won it cause i prefer him and his style but my neutral ass says okay thesaurus delivered more killer blows in the first 3 rounds so he deserved it.

lol @ madness towards the end YAW WATCHU KNOW BOUT CHA GIRL PERSIA RIGHT HERE SONN!
    test
  7. MC_Akademix

my old school costs more than your newwww school
    test
  8. Bartone

Bartone New Member

Hey, im just sayin I dont get why people hate on it , I aint sayin it automatically makes you good lol
    test
  9. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

people hate on it cuz besides like 5 cats everyone who does that shit is wack.

a corny ass line is a corny ass line no matter how many syllables are rhymed in it.
    test
  10. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

oh and AK; formulamatic is definitely not a word.
    test
  11. Reverse Live

Reverse Live New Member

hahahaha wow
    test
  12. MC_Akademix

lol, i figured that out when it was underlined red when i typed it... i hope you got my point though.
    test
  13. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Yeh, this shit was fucking crazy. I thought Maddness took it at the end. Saurus fell off in the OT, but shit was still hot.

Grind Time taking over. Glad too, cuz Jumpoff is too damn shady/gay. Are y'all (Grind Time) gonna have a big tourney type set up?
    test
  14. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

this multi shit i think is comprable to 'glock rappers' you know...a glock rapper aint just some dude who raps about guns it is the generic form of that dude. and now a couple years later the 'multi rapper' persona has been formed.
    test
  15. White-0ut

White-0ut ^ State Of Mynd.. Bitches

*speaks in robot voice* : must hear multi's, multi's must hear.
    test
  16. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

EG made an excellent point about people hating on saurus just because he's on top for so long. madness is one of the funniest people I've come across and is a breath of fresh air to our scene. his swag is killin it, too.
    test
  17. blahblahjoe

blahblahjoe New Member

Agreed.
    test
  18. ~madcow~

~madcow~ Member

the saurus style is not played out. other people trying to copy it badly is played out.
    test
  19. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

no one is hating on thesaurus you idiots, that's totally not what is being discussed here.
    test
  20. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.